Fiverr Community Forum

Dispute

Just got cancelled order that was completed on October. 2 weeks of work for nothing.

Really Fiverr… Thank you for this.

Now I have negative balance.

Idiot got banned, and yeah that is a “real” punishment for him. He got his job done. And he got money back. Awesome.

He messaged me before few days ago, I didn’t read it or answered back as I was busy and now he cancelled order because of that.

Really???

Awesome protection Fiverr, just awesome.

Sounds like a PayPal dispute to me, which Fiverr really does need to sort out.

Well Fiverr does favor Buyers. You can’t even see how much money has buyer used to buy gigs in the past.

PayPal disputes are a big problem, but technically it’s equally or more due to dishonest buyers. It may also be a case of a stolen credit card or hacked PayPal account. I’m sorry it happened to you.

I don’t think it would be OK to show that much financial detail. I wouldn’t want people seeing exactly how much I spend on anything. On the other hand, buyer reviews should be visible. It’s silly not to show those.

Yeah disputes are really BIG problem. They can get money back even 2 months later. Everyone can do that, we don’t have any protection at all. Only “penalty” they get is ban from fiverr. Wow “big deal” for that.

I didn’t mean the whole statistical details of the money buyers spend. Just how many sellers they have actually employed on fiverr and there should be a rating system for them too which everyone can see.

I don’t really care about buyer financial stats, I’d rather have a quick, easy way to check their reviews and decide whether they sound like a client from hell (always wants revisions, tends to leave bad reviews, v. demanding etc) or someone reasonable, or the kind of buyer that everyone fights over to work for.

I mean, it’s not like we’re not already leaving them reviews, is it? Maybe a cancellation ratio added into that, and a broad ballpark of $$$ spent (as featured on other freelance sites).

There is the Google method (“username” review fiverr) but it’s not exactly ergonomic.

I delivered an order and buyers cancelled…he got money back…fiverr!!! Dont you see that?? If you dont see then why you take 14 days to pay seller…how a buyer get back his money???

If you didn’t have the option to decline the cancellation, then it was a PayPal dispute, which is “out of Fiverr’s hands”. You won’t get your money back, I’m afraid.

Its a holy shit bro fiverr give buyer money as well as done work :confused:

I also got similar experience. I resorted to asking Fiverr CSR, but they just told me to satisfy the buyer. Really Fiverr? Even though beyond the scope of the job? …Fiverr answered, you can’t deliver an Order if buyer is not satisfied.

Here’s my post by the way. I’ve completed the job and all my configs are working, as evidenced by tons of screenshots and video.

I think I mentioned in the TRS forum once. PayPal chargebacks are not out Fiverr’s hands. They follow this process:

1. Buyer chargebacks
  2. Buyer gets banned
  3. If they lift the chargeback, the buyer gets unbanned and has the money put back into their account. The seller does not get any of the cash back, even though the chargeback had been stopped. They are free to use this money on another order.

This is something which customer support has said happens but they are not going to change the process.

This same thing just happened to me on an order that was completed and delivered two months ago! I am furious. The email I received from Fiverr says:

“We have been informed that a dispute was opened for your order ******. As a result, we are forced to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work. Please note that in some cases disputes are nothing more than temporary holds that are put on funds to make sure that they were authorized by the buyer. The dispute does not indicate that the buyer initiated it. If the dispute gets resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your gig. Thanks, The Fiverr Team”

I would be fine with this if it was an active order but for an order that was completed and delivered already I should be notified of the dispute and what the dispute is about. If it’s about my work specifically then fine, take the funds (after an investigation proves that I am at fault). However, if the dispute is not with my work then Fiverr should eat the cost.

It is completely unacceptable for an order that was already completed, delivered and put through the holding process be cancelled, and the funds removed from my account; especially without providing any details what-so-ever about what the actual problem is.

I have submitted a ticket to support.

I really don’t see why Fiverr doesn’t understand the instability and anxiety that their current chargeback policy causes their sellers. It makes us wary of new buyers and reluctant to take on larger projects that would earn us and Fiverr more money.

I pretty much refuse to do any large orders with buyers I haven’t work with for a long time, simply because I’m not going to do $200 worth of work for someone that hasn’t proved to me that they’re not going to steal the money back after the work is finished.

It’s also crappy that all they do is send out that form email when someone initiates a chargeback, especially after an order is delivered and completed. I think the seller is owed a little more explanation (and a chance to defend themselves).

Wow. They got back to me pretty quick. The answer (so far) is too bad so sad.

“Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr”.

Oh my, yes, you poor, poor multi-million dollar company. How could I be so selfish, only thinking of my lost funds. I forgot you lost a whole $9. How will you ever survive such a loss. heavy sarcasm intended

Also, disputes from Buyers (whether it’s a case of a shady Buyer or a result of a compromised account) is the cost of doing business.

Fiverr created a system in which they take 20% of our earnings in order to facilitate the relationship between Buyer/Seller and Payment Processor (which is great) but then they adopt a policy of not responding to any disputes.

Then they pass the loss on to the seller which is completely ridiculous as we have no control over the dispute at all. We can’t even respond to it on our own to try and resolve it, or at least determine the details of it.

I know that these policies are just things that some higher uppity-up decided sounded good and seemed right in principal. I’m going to keep talking with the amazing Customer Service people to see if there’s anything that can be done.

One major thing Fiverr has done correctly is their customer service. The customer service/support team is filled with amazing people so hopefully they’ll be able to help me.

Since I’ve always been self employed and often have businesses that take credit cards I’m used to this. It came as a shock at first but every business has chargebacks sometimes. It’s the credit card economy. We are self employed and because of this we get stuck with the chargebacks like anyone who works for themself.

I guess they will never fix this big problem. Anyone can use chargebacks and Fiverr will not do anything about it.