Disputes with many orders i´ve already delivered and no answers from costumer support

I ´m getting this message in my gmail account about many disputes on orders that I´ve delivered long ago. And also when I enter Fiverr it´s showing me a negative balance that grows and grows, now it´s showing me a -$300 balance.

This is the message I´ve recived regarding many orders in my email account:

“Hi gasparsabater, We have been informed that a dispute was opened for your order FO72BDE6AF81: draw a children illustration in black and white. As a result, we are forced to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work. Please note that in some cases disputes are nothing more than temporary holds that are put on funds to make sure that they were authorized by the buyer. The dispute does not indicate that the buyer initiated it. If the dispute gets resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your gig. Thanks, The Fiverr Team”.

Please I´m really worried, I´m a lvl 2 freelancer with almost 300 orders delivered and more than 170 positive reviews. I´ve always followed your guide lines and never had trouble before.

I don´t understand, now all my funds are being reversed? What the heck is going on?

I´ve checked with many of my clients and none of them have open a dispute with me or any of the orders you mentioned.

I´d appreciate any asistance you can provide, please, I´m a full time freelancer and I´ve worked really hard to get a reputation and satisfy my costumers.

Note that I have already brought this issue to your attention before, I´ve talked to one of your guys from costumer support named Eddie and he has been of no help, he provided no solutions, suggestions or answers as to why I´m in this situation.

I thank you in advance,

Best,

Gaspar D. Sabater

P.s: I´m attaching screen caps of these problems I´ve been having for about a moth, I´m begging you, please get back to me and help me solve this issue.

Have you put this message through to customer support? Fiverr reps don’t have much time to frequent the forums. There’s not much any of us here can do–we’re all just fellow sellers and buyers.

Check those specific order numbers–the ones Fiverr has sent you–and see which buyer/buyers is issuing the chargebacks. At this rate, and I know this is going to be difficult to hear, but you’re already $300 in the hole, I frankly would cut my losses and stop working until support can help you figure this out. It’s probable, and here’s the really difficult part, that there’s nothing they can/will do for you, since they’ve already obviously already cancelled the orders and issued the refunds.

Hi there, I have brought this matter to costumer support. I actually submitted two tickets

and they haven´t been able to provide any solution for my problem, not even took the time to answer.

I´ve been waiting for 20 days, and on the second ticket I submitted, someone told me that they were sorry but they´re setting the ticket as solved??

So, yeah I turned on the vacation mode, paused my gigs, cancelled a set of orders for more than $100 and in the mean time the revenues of a couple of orders I had delivered were absorbed to undo that negative balance.

And honestly, I don´t know what to do anymore, I´m really tired to be stuck in this situation through no fault of my own.

From what I have heard this usually happens when someone opens a dispute with Paypal or their credit card account. If a client did that there is nothing you can do about it. Many sellers have experienced this already. Sometimes it affected orders which were already placed over 6 month ago, from I read on the forum. I am not sure what to tell you, try and contact support again and demand answers. This really stinks $300 what a huge loss! I am very sorry to hear this! I hope you can get this sorted out.

Reply to @gasparsabater: Yeah, it really sucks, and you’ll find lots of posts in the ranting pot and in the suggestion box asking Fiverr to allow us sellers to defend ourselves when a buyer opens a PayPal (or other type of payment) dispute. I don’t know if Fiverr just doesn’t care, or if they really don’t see this as a serious problem, or if there’s some unknown reason why they think it’s better to just let buyers have their money back when they do chargebacks on orders, but the whole thing isn’t great.

There’s just not a lot that Fiverr is willing to do in these instances, for whatever reason. Some users have suggested that they don’t fight chargebacks because they’re trying to keep a good reputation with PayPal (et. all), but it seems like thousands of undisputed chargebacks every year would be a bigger red flag than letting sellers prove that they’ve delivered their work, which would, in theory, negate whatever claims the buyer is making in order to get his money back.

Anyway, there’s not much else I can think of to do but offer my sympathies. If I were you, I’d take my business elsewhere and let Fiverr keep their $300 deficit, unless you think you can make that money back quickly by staying here and continuing to work.

Thank you for the lovely comment, I´ll keep trying

Thanks emasonwrites, I´ll think about it, but that´s probably what I´ll do in the end. I´m gonna close my fiverr account and continue working elsewhere…

So Sad, I’m just experiencing this today and had to check the forum about disputes. I hope I get my money back. I have reported to the customer support. I really hope I get my money back.

Looking at your provided screenshots I notice that you had many deals with one buyer. I don’t want to accuse anyone, but try doing the math and see if the amount fits with this buyers order.

There can be two reasons for your problem:

1.) fiverr if placing the funds on hold because this one buyer ordered a LOT of your gigs, so they are trying to protect themselves from charge-backs and freeze the funds in case the buyer complains and asks for a refund. This would be to make sure you won’t be able to withdraw money so they can recover funds that they have paid you.

2.) This would be the worst case scenario: The buyer probably placed many fraud orders to get your work done for free and asked Paypal for a refund after placing many orders. In this case you can’t do much because Paypal handles the dispute and the money is lost.

Hopefully it’s case one for you and the funds are just frozen, but I have a bad feeling about this as the orders from that one buyer are really massive.