Fiverr Forum

"Do a good job or 'else.'"

I just love it when someone puts through an order with instructions that include “You better do a good job, okay?” or “Do a good job or I will leave negative feedback.” It’s like, I was going to do a crappy job, but because you wrote that, I’m really feeling the incentive to do a great job. (sarcasm)

I know that some people provide a crappy product and some buyers feel the need to incentivize their order with a mild threat, but I still find it a little hilarious, especially because about 50% of the orders I’ve gotten recently have had a similar tagline attached. I get it, okay? Get the articles in on time and to your exact specifications or you’ll send Buster out to break my legs.

> It’s like, I was going to do a CRAPPY job… but because you [THREATENED ME, I’m now] feeling the incentive to do a great job

=))

I am SOOOOOO TEMPTED…

…to message the next FIVE Sellers I Buy gigs from, with the following:

“Hey! You’d better do a Crappy Job on this gig I’m buying… OR ELSE… I’m gonna leave you the BEST POSITIVE FEEDBACK you’ve ever had!

And I’m not joking!.. I’ve even got the Positive Review written and ready to go!

So I’d better see at least a TINY PIECE of crap…

…or I’m gonna drop this RECORD-SETTING POSITIVE COMPLIMENT on you…

…no, really… I mean it!..”

emasonwrites said: I was going to do a crappy job, but because you wrote that, I'm really feeling the incentive to do a great job. (sarcasm)

You're killing me! Thanks for the funny :)

emasonwrites said: I was going to do a crappy job, but because you wrote that, I'm really feeling the incentive to do a great job. (sarcasm)

You're killing me! Thanks for the funny :)

Look, you even gave me the hiccups.

Reply to @kissreviews: You’re welcome! :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s so rude, too. It’s like the client you don’t want to work with, but unfortunately I think most of us don’t have too much of a choice when it comes to who we take on. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it’s just incentive to do an extra-awesome job and blow them out of the water? :slight_smile:

Ugh I’ve had that happen to me. I specifically state in my writing gig that all of my articles are 100% original, yet people frequently remind me to “write an original article, nothing copy pasted from the internet” to which i reply “don’t you think my gig would have lower rating if that were the case?”. that shuts them right up.

it’s insulting, tbh. you may pay me 5$ but that doesn’t mean I’m a child who doesn’t know how to do her job right.

I get that a lot - a client will say “I really need you to do your best on my video” - and I always give them this response:

Thank you for your order, as will all my clients, I will do my best on your video. I don’t do some jobs “better” than others. I try to keep all my work consistently professional, whether its a $5 job or a $500 job. The video you receive will be similar to those in my fiverr samples, if this is not acceptable, please let me know and we can mutually cancel your order. Thank you!

I was shocked when someone did that to me. Next time I will cancel the order.

Reply to @bookreviewstew: That is awesome–I think I’m going to start doing something similar. Much better to make sure my level of work is acceptable for their needs before I put in the time to complete their project!

If someone threatens me before I complete their order, I just cancel! They’re always pain in the @$$ buyers anyway, who never seem to be satisfied. I don’t have time for that nonsense.

Reply to @alliemadison12: I’m 100% going to agree with Allie here. If you conduct business with someone like that, you are setting yourself up for a bad situation. JUst cancel it and move on to the next.

The good thing is that 99% of the time people are polite and they apreciate what you do.