Do buyers get warning for sharing email etc?

bmsviz47

They might but I don’t think there are any repercussions for doing that. If you design business cards, for example, you need to receive email, address, phone, etc. to put that information in.

I understand your point but i wish there would be some way around it.Some buyers are like repeatedly provide there emails even after saying them its against fiverr which is very irritating.

I understand your point but i wish there would be some way around it.Some buyers are like repeatedly provide there emails even after saying them its against fiverr which is very irritating.

Report their messages then.

There is no way for fiverr to look into every single message to check whether it’s content for the seller to work with or a direct invitation to break fiverr ToS.

Report their messages then.

There is no way for fiverr to look into every single message to check whether it’s content for the seller to work with or a direct invitation to break fiverr ToS.

Thank you for your suggestion.I would definitely try your suggestion.

Sometimes buyers don’t understand they shouldn’t do that. I usually ignore it. I can’t say Please don’t send me your email or please don’t send contact information because then it would trigger an alert and I might get in trouble just for saying those words.

Exactly what i was thinking.But if we don’t respond to a buyer and ignore them then our response time will get affected by it.

Exactly what i was thinking.But if we don’t respond to a buyer and ignore them then our response time will get affected by it.

I don’t ignore them, I say something, I just don’t mention those words or refer to them. The words contact information and email are going to trigger an alert.

If you need to say something just say “ok”. Of course I would like to be able to tell them not to send contact information but I don’t want to have a problem from talking about it even to tell them not to do it.

I don’t ignore them, I say something, I just don’t mention those words or refer to them. The words contact information and email are going to trigger an alert.

If you need to say something just say “ok”. Of course I would like to be able to tell them not to send contact information but I don’t want to have a problem from talking about it even to tell them not to do it.

Make sense.Thanks for your suggestion.

I’d rather not say “ok”, not that support thinks you meant “ok I’ll contact you on that email you gave me”. Better something like “Sorry, that’s against Fiverr’s terms, but Fiverr’s messaging system works great, and you can even download and use the Fiverr app” (you can save a ‘quick response’ for that) and then go on to ask them if you should send them an offer or whatever.

If they really want to work with you, within Fiverr’s system and ToS, and just weren’t aware of the no contact off-platform rule, they will probably still work with you.

The ones who definitely know or keep going on about it, you can report/block.

Little update.
There was a buyer who was just giving me his email id even though i told him its against fiverr terms.
I didnt complain to fiverr about this but i just checked the message inbox and there was a message from fiverr.

fiv.JPG.6acede586cad12fa9bd000cc44ee8428.JPG
fiv696×446 41.1 KB

In this image buyer mesaage is deleted automatically by fiverr.
Can anyone explain this to me exactly what happened because i didnt complain it to the fiverr and just ignored the buyer.
But I am thankful to the fiverr team.

I’d rather not say “ok”, not that support thinks you meant “ok I’ll contact you on that email you gave me”. Better something like “Sorry, that’s against Fiverr’s terms, but Fiverr’s messaging system works great, and you can even download and use the Fiverr app” (you can save a ‘quick response’ for that) and then go on to ask them if you should send them an offer or whatever.

If they really want to work with you, within Fiverr’s system and ToS, and just weren’t aware of the no contact off-platform rule, they will probably still work with you.

The ones who definitely know or keep going on about it, you can report/block.

I also avoid to say ok because maybe it causes more problems.

Little update.

There was a buyer who was just giving me his email id even though i told him its against fiverr terms.

I didnt complain to fiverr about this but i just checked the message inbox and there was a message from fiverr.

Can anyone explain this to me exactly what happened because i didnt complain it to the fiverr and just ignored the buyer.

What probably happened is that the person was banned from fiverr or had their messaging blocked from giving out their contact information.

Little update.

There is some automatic check that gets triggered by certain words, and then an actual person will look at it. In your case, it might either have been that the check was because the buyer wrote trigger words like email, or because you wrote trigger words, like “outside fiverr”.

As long as it’s clear from the message log that it was the buyer who wanted that outside contact and not you, you’re fine.

It might also be that the buyer contacted someone else and that someone else reported them.

Archived