Do customers actually read what kind of service someone offers?

rotor_midi

I will write something like “DISCUSS WITH ME FIRST BEFORE YOU ORDER!” all with capital letters in the first paragraph of my gig description. Still, maybe 5% of my customers order my gig without discussing with me first.

You just have to be patient. Its good if they already understand what we offer. But if they don’t, we just have to explain. Usually I will say “You should discuss with me first” in my first reply in the Order page. But then everything will be okay. Next time when they order, they will ask first.

Some do, some don’t. I’ve gotten orders for Teespring designs when my gig is about writing headlines for Teespring. The name of the gig is “I will write 5 headlines for Teespring” but I have buyers asking to design this or that. That’s frustrating. I even had to write in the gig description “This is a copy only gig.”

I got this regarding my transcribing gig today (which has all the prices laid out clearly).

“I really need an mp3 voice audio of 1 hour 20 mins long to be transcribed in the next 24 hours.

I need it for a book that is being written but the author really needs it in 24 hours.

I am willing to pay $45 to get it done?”

Archived