Fiverr Forum

Do forum moderators have salary?

I see what you did there !

What you guys don’t get paid?

I get paid in doge coin for my posts!

they are lovely and generous people who are serving this community without any wage… Salute to all moderators…

That brings us to the big question.

Does the Baasman - @jonbaas get paid?

Yes, I get paid, although the money is invisible and I have yet to find a bank that is willing to accept a deposit of my invisible earnings. :wink:

:joy:

Shh :shushing_face: I hope you’re good at keeping secrets.
I get monopoly money thrown at me for my posts. :upside_down_face:

MonopolyMoola

Want FREE money? Stand in line. :stuck_out_tongue:

FreeMoney

Wait… Do I smell :birthday:? [sniff-sniff]

I think I do! Happy Birthday, Frank!
Cheers to many more flippin’ sweet bdays! :tada::balloon::gift:

Thanks @nikavoice

It is my bday!

Have a :cake:

Happy birthday :birthday: @frank_d :tada::confetti_ball::notes:

Jokes aside, I legit thought you guys at least got some goodies or something for dealing with all the colorfulness the forums have to offer.

Well, someone told me the cheque would be in the mail, but I’m still waiting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

PS happy b-day @frank_d :confetti_ball:

Happy birthday @frank_d! :cake::pancakes::tada::balloon::champagne:

I never agreed to that!

I think each of the mods, just like the many others who spend time on the forum giving advice and chatting, having a fun, safe, helpful and “nice” forum is really important. With the extended team now, as well as many Regulars, the amount of work on the forum has gone down quite a bit which is great. To build a community like this, it is important that it is “community led” and not something where there is a corporate shadow watching everyone’s every move.

Of course Fiverr staff read the forum, check up on things but I think the whole forum would be very different if Mods were paid to be here. I know I wouldnt do it for money as then I would not be able to speak freely and say I dislike something Fiverr does. When I say I like or dislike something, it is because that is actually what I think and I wouldnt give that up cheaply. While I watch what I say towards other users a bit more (personal choice though), I havent every had to hold back an opinion about Fiverr.

If I can say so myself, I’m pretty darn crafty (I make a lot of my own jewelry)
I will GLADLY make a key chain juuuust for you and send it across the ocean. With your face and
paw print on it, and yes, it will be green.

Oh wait that means I’ll need to ask for your address and contact info etc…
OH NO I’m gonna get banned.

Just send it to “yer man with the beard and dogs” - Irish postmen have a knack for delivering things way beyond the call of duty.

Ballet is far more dangerous than Riverdance. Many ballet dancers suffer knee, leg, and feet injuries. Same goes for cheerleading, the flips they do, the jumps in the air, if they fall, they have suffer serious fractures. I read more cheerleaders get injured than football players.

Riverdance is like tap dancing. Where’s the danger in that? All they’re doing is tapping their feet at a certain rhythm, turning at the same time, working together. Impressive but hardly dangerous. If you ever watch Flashdance, Showgirls, Bring It On, Stomp The Yard, you’ll see dance routines that are much harder, much more impressive, and much more dangerous.

With that said, I did a google search on Riverdance injuries and found this:

“Ruptured tendons, strained pelvic muscles, ripped hamstrings – it’s not all glitz and glamour in the famous troupe”

On the other hand, I knew a high school quarterback who ended a paraplegic, stuck to a chair.

Happy Birthday @frank_d! :birthday::shaved_ice:

wow do soo much work without getting paid is something everyone should appreciate hats off:+1::smile::raised_hands::raised_hands:

I don’t know what impresses me more. The fact that you’re one of the genuinely nicest people I’ve had the pleasure to talk with or Irish postmen.

Fair play An Post! Wait Ireland has postcodes now?! (I left in 2014)

Yeah, nobody uses them except for ordering stuff online though.

Firstly - Riverdance is one particular performance/song; the dancing style is Irish dancing with tap mixed in. OK. There are tons of theories which revolve around it being because of the English or the Church’s fault (as with all of our problems).
Some of my fave theories:

It is often said that the Catholic Church disapproved of certain aspects of Irish dance, and would do what they could to control or stop it. But the people would dance straight armed so that if a passing priest looked through the window of the house he would not realise they were dancing.

Apparently the Church did not want boys and girls to hold hands. To stop this they made them hold their arms by their side.

at a time of puritanical Catholicism, the Church in effect ironed the fun out of Irish dancing to make it reflect Christian ideals. The dancers had to keep their backs straight, their arms down and the smile was taken off the face.

a group of Irish dancers were brought to dance for the Queen. These dancers refused to raise their arms to her, and kept them rigidly by their sides as they danced out of defiance, and possibly to show they were not enjoying themselves as they danced for her and the English.