Do gig views and impressions increase when the seller views their own gigs?

rocknrollgames

Question

Does it really matter? How many times would you want to look at your own gig? 😉

How many times would you want to look at your own gig? 😉

Many, actually! 😺

Sometimes it’s checking where it is in search (that increases impressions, I guess), and sometimes it’s to confirm that I did mention in the description or FAQ that I don’t do so-and so. Of course, there’s also reading through the description again to see if I can make it better.

This is not a sophisticated search engine like google. And people are not sending bots to gigs to try try to boost rankings, or making false links for SEO on fiverr. There is no black hat SEO going on here.

And if you look at your own website on google it counts it as a view. Google counts that. So if a big intelligent search engine like google counts your own viewing of your own site as a view, fiverr is going to count it as a view if you look at your own gig.
There is not any reason for it not to. There is no mechanism nor any valid reason not to count your own viewing of your gig as a view. And our own experience proves that also.

If someone were to try to boost the rank of their gig by viewing it themself 1000 times it wouldn’t work because there is simply nothing about fiverr that takes that into account in rankings so why would they try to block that out?

This is not a sophisticated search engine like google. And people are not sending bots to gigs to try try to boost rankings, or making false links for SEO on fiverr. There is no black hat SEO going on here.

And if you look at your own website on google it counts it as a view. Google counts that. So if a big intelligent search engine like google counts your own viewing of your own site as a view, fiverr is going to count it as a view if you look at your own gig.

There is not any reason for it not to. There is no mechanism nor any valid reason not to count your own viewing of your gig as a view. And our own experience proves that also.

If someone were to try to boost the rank of their gig by viewing it themself 1000 times it wouldn’t work because there is simply nothing about fiverr that takes that into account in rankings so why would they try to block that out?

Google does not count your repeat visit as a new view/visit. I’m 100% sure that. There are 2 views. One of them is new view (sorry I do not know actual translation), another one is regular view.

Surely each visit/view counts however system dedicates which one is new.

New visit depends on the software infrastructure.

Some visits clearing browsers cookie counts as a new visit.

Some visits reseting your router counts as a new visit.

Some visit changing ip counts as a new visit.

However some complex systems such as Facebook, Google etc. look for many variable to decide organic visit/search.

Not to tire system. Each attempt tire that system.

I’m sorry if I couldn’t find right words to explain 😦

Google does not count your repeat visit as a new view/visit. I’m 100% sure that. There are 2 views. One of them is new view (sorry I do not know actual translation), another one is regular view.

Surely each visit/view counts however system dedicates which one is new.

New visit depends on the software infrastructure.

Some visits clearing browsers cookie counts as a new visit.

Some visits reseting your router counts as a new visit.

Some visit changing ip counts as a new visit.

However some complex systems such as Facebook, Google etc. look for many variable to decide organic visit/search.

Not to tire system. Each attempt tire that system.

I’m sorry if I couldn’t find right words to explain 😦

Google does not count your repeat visit as a new view/visit.

Yes that’s true but it does count the first one. Fiverr doesn’t work the same way as google. Fiverr doesn’t care if a million people view your gig. It won’t help your ranking. On google it would. So each view counts on fiverr even your own.

Google does not count your repeat visit as a new view/visit.

Yes that’s true but it does count the first one. Fiverr doesn’t work the same way as google. Fiverr doesn’t care if a million people view your gig. It won’t help your ranking. On google it would. So each view counts on fiverr even your own.

Yes that’s true but it does count the first one.

For first visit, yes. I think Fiverr also care about these. This is my opinion. Besides being a big company, it is also really big software. Thats why I think Fiverr should care about these or already care about these.

Yes that’s true but it does count the first one.

For first visit, yes. I think Fiverr also care about these. This is my opinion. Besides being a big company, it is also really big software. Thats why I think Fiverr should care about these or already care about these.

Why would fiverr care if you view your own gig if it has nothing to do with your gig’s ranking?

Why would fiverr care if you view your own gig if it has nothing to do with your gig’s ranking?

I think I misunderstand you. I’m sorry if I misunderstand.

I try to say viewing your own gig won’t effect gig views and impression. If so, everyone view their gigs to increase numbers.

Wow! Nice people out there, I’m glad that you have taken time to discuss this.
This one was bothering me as I wasn’t being able to make out whether the gig views on my first gig with not-much-potential were by others or it was just me playing cards with self. Anyways, thanks!😃

No, it does not. …

Why wouldn’t it? Aren’t those pageviews?

Most programs have a classification for what they consider a page view. For example, it can be something like: if you’ve visited the page again with 24 hours, that’s not counted as another view. Page views doesn’t just refer to the fact that someone opened a page. There’s almost always more to it that in the analytic programming, depending on how it’s programmed.

I don’t see why Fiverr would consider a seller’s visits to their pages views because that would inflate the view count and mask the amount of genuine views from buyers, which is counter productive to the purpose of having analytics.

Just refresh your gig page and check the stats. Then you will see if they count your repeat visit. The initial visit will always count. They could of course gather the gig owners IP address and then compare it with the visitors, but this would be way to much work for a measurement that is totally not important.
To keep the stats clean they could use a cookie to prevent repeated visits from counting. I doubt that they do that.
Anyway, not everything that is measurable is important.
The way ‘organic traffic’ is thrown in the mix is totally irrelevant and here totally out of context b.t.w.

OK, night.

1. I’ve been doing this for years on fiverr, and watch those things like a hawk, and

2. I know the way that the views are determined does not differentiate between your browser and anyone else’s browser. The site doesn’t monitor exactly who each person is who views the gig.

Your page view or gig view looks like anyone else’s pageview to the system that counts views.

yes agree with you:grinning:

How do you know?

Thanks btw!

1. I’ve been doing this for years on fiverr, and watch those things like a hawk, and

2. I know the way that the views are determined does not differentiate between your browser and anyone else’s browser. The site doesn’t monitor exactly who each person is who views the gig.

Your page view or gig view looks like anyone else’s pageview to the system that counts views.

I’ve been doing this for years on fiverr, and watch those things like a hawk, and I know the way that the views are determined does not differentiate between your browser and anyone else’s browser. The site doesn’t monitor exactly who each person is who views the gig. Your page view or gig view looks like anyone else’s pageview to the system that counts views.

I’d thought so. Thanks for clearing my doubt. 😊

Archived