Do i deserve some recognition from Fiverr

adeelqures

Hey Folks,

I need your advice. My gigs are doing good business with 100% rating but i only have few feedbacks (since my employer purchases all my extras and gives two votes each week.My current average selling price is currently $22 and it is expected to rise even more . Do you think i deserve some recognition (featured gig) from Fiverr?

adeelqures said:
  • Reply to @ryangillam: Does working with one person has any affect on Fiverr fee? (NO) then why this would be a problem for being a TRS. Fiverr 20% fee remains same either the money comes from just one buyer or hundreds. What is your earning per week? i think it would be less then mine

My earning a week through Fiverr is close to $1,500 about 50% of the time. $1000 the other weeks. There are plenty of Level 2 sellers earning a great deal more than $200 a week. FAR more.

But yes, it would matter. TRS is not based on the amount that you earn at all. It is based on a number of factors. If only one person is ordering your gig then it means that your gig may not be 'attractive' to other buyers. I am sure the editors look at the amount of people that you have made 'happy' through your gig. If they look at the gig then they may think 'hey, this guy is only selling to one person, is that really what we want in a top rated seller?'.

Reply to @ryangillam: That is because Fiverr never promoted my gigs to top rankings. My gigs never ever get any recognition from Fiverr despite keeping 100% positive rating, being professional in conversation, quick response time, no dispute whatsoever. I can see people with only couple of feedbacks in top of search result

adeelqures said:
  • Reply to @ryangillam: That is because Fiverr never promoted my gigs to top rankings. My gigs never ever get any recognition from Fiverr despite keeping 100% positive rating, being professional in conversation, quick response time, no dispute whatsoever. I can see people with only couple of feedbacks in top of search result

They are selling to just one person.

Think about it, if it were that easy to get a high ranking in the searches then people would hire somebody to order their gigs. This pumps them to the top of the searches bringing in tons of new orders. These orders will be far in excess of the $1 they lost on every $5.00 they spent on their own gig.

The search results are random by the way. Just because you don't see yourself does not mean you do not appear for other people. Take a little look at your 'my gigs' page and it will tell you the amount of views that your gig gets AND your conversion rate. You may be surprised to see how many people are actually viewing your gig but not buying.

You are also expected to do a degree of promotion yourself. This is what draws in those initial sales.

adeelqures said:
Reply to @ryangillam: and it is not attraction of gigs the sellers who show up in search rankings (in my category) gets more exposure resulting in more sales

Rate this commentVote Up0Vote Down

Everybody gets a fair crack at appearing in the 'recommended' section. As I said, check your analytics to see that. It is the high rated section you most likely want to be in. Your sales are not high enough for that. To be there you are going to need to self-promote your gig.

Reply to @adeelqures:

It doesn’t matter how much you earn. I’ve been a Level 2 seller for a long time and my earnings are near $200 everyday day, and some days even $300 (just look at how many orders I have in queue, plus multiple orders that count as one, plus orders with extras, plus orders with ExtraFast). However, I’m not Top Rated Seller.

Also, you only have a few positive reviews in all your gigs combined. World domination only 1%. Selling to only one buyer doesn’t sound good either.

I have thousands of positive reviews, around 4 negative reviews, 0 late orders, world domination 61%, and many new buyers on a daily basis. And by the way, all my gigs have orders in queue all the time. I don’t remember when was the last time one of my gigs was empty. However, I’m not Top Rated Seller.

So, do I think you should be Top Rated Seller right now? Short answer is “NO”. Do I think you can become one? Yes, if you create new more attractive gigs, manage to get more buyers, and maintain excellent reputation.

Honestly, I’m pretty sure I’m not Top Rated Seller because of what I sell. There are many Top Rated Sellers that have a lot of negative reviews, don’t sell a lot, and even don’t have a good reputation, but they are still Top Rated Sellers.

I don’t know why you want to be TRS. Is it because you think you will get more orders or because you want that status? You can get the same amount of orders being a Level 2 seller, believe me. And if you want to be TRS because of the status, then you will have to work much more, and harder to achieve that.

Best Of Luck.

adeelqures said: your gigs are in social bookmarking and fiverr does not choose TRS from this category or all SEO stuff

You are wrong. I agree it's harder for a SEO seller, but it is possible. Just search for "Backlinks" here on Fiverr, and sort by "High Rating". You will find a few Top Rated Sellers. ;)

adeelqures said: a few from thousands of sellers

Well, there are only a few Top Rated Sellers in all the categories combined. Some categories have more TRS than others, but they are few compared to the thousands of sellers in this site.

I suspect some of the TRS in my category have contacted Customer Support to get their accounts reviewed by the editors in order to be TRS, but honestly I feel pretty well as a Level 2 seller. If they want to give me TRS status I will gladly take it, but I will not rush it.

The point is, yes as a SEO seller I have to work harder than other sellers in other categories to be a TRS, but in any category you will have to work hard or have a really special gig to achieve that status.

This thread is about you and your gigs, and sadly I believe you don't qualify to be a Top Rated Seller yet (no matter what your category is).

Anyway, don't take only our words. You can conctact Customer Support and ask the editors to review your account to see if you qualify. :)

Just quickly looking at your gigs, I’d say no. I don’t think they’d consider you for TRS. The graphics on your gigs could be better. Earning $200/week isn’t all that much. I think most TRS earn a lot more than that, but like others have said that isn’t the only deciding factor.

I disagree that you have to have a real picture of yourself and videos. I don’t have either, but was promoted to TRS after a few months on Fiverr.

I have to ring in guys. But actually… TRS is not available to most social gigs.

This comes right from the horses mouth. After nagging for over a year I got a straight answer from Fiverr support.

For me, being a TRS will never happen even though I have 1000s of sales and zero negative reviews. Never ever.

I’ve even asked why I have seen Top Rated Sellers selling social gigs and the answer was surprisingly simple.

They earned their TRS badge with other gigs not SEO/Social related. Then created SEO/Social gigs after.

As much as Fiverr allows sales of certain SEO styled gigs they don’t want to become associated with it, or be known to elevate the status of those who do because there are so many scammers in the category. So a TRS just won’t happen.

To @adeelqures - TRS is chosen by the editors. It has nothing to do with your sales or feedback. If your gig appeals to one of the editors they can make you a TRS.

I’ve always said they should change the name to (Fiverr Picks) or something. It’s such a misleading name.

bigbadbilly said: They earned their TRS badge with other gigs not SEO/Social related. Then created SEO/Social gigs after.

That's interesting and sounds reasonable. However, I know of some sellers who are now TRS and never sold anything else (always SEO).

We should always take what Customer Support says with a grain of salt. ;)

@s_sayan - Well. No offense… But I beg to differ. In almost 3 years I have never seen or heard of any seller selling SEO related gigs that became a TRS off those gigs. The few I have seen made TRS and began selling SEO/Social after. Couple that in with the fact that Fiverr themselves say it won’t happen. Plus, the numbers themselves.

For example. I have around 10,000 sales without any negative ratings. Not one.

My cancellation ratio is almost zero.

By all accounts I am a Top Rated Seller but will never be one.

And again, after badgering support for over a year, presenting my case to become a TRS and finally getting an answer.

Once you get passed the canned messages, and runaround messages support pretty much tells you how it is.

Especially when you get the same person 70% of the time. LOL.

I would truly like to meet some of these TRS’s that earned their TRS through Social gigs.

And… again, @s_sayan - Go ahead. Message support to review yourself for TRS. Watch what happens… Or what won’t happen. You’ll get the standard " Our Editors review gigs and pick… " followed by it again. Then you’ll get wished good luck. And it will keep going. Keep pressing them and after a while, if you’re lucky you’ll get the real deal on becoming a TRS as well.

I, myself had it all down. I started getting told it was also a matter of being active, helpful, rating, sales.

I actually wrote.

• My number of sales.
  • My zero negative review status in almost 3 years.
  • My almost zero cancellation ratio.
  • My activity in the Fiverr community. Blog, Forum, and as a buyer.
  • And, the fact I was one of the few invited to these forums when they were not public yet. To test them out. Proving I must be good enough in the community to get the personal invite.

I got the truth message after writing that.

Reply to @bigbadbilly:

I really understand your points and your proofs, and I have no explanation as to why there are “native” SEO TRS, but I know for a fact that there are “native” SEO sellers whom became TRS with only SEO gigs.

I can’t post their usernames here, but I know of at least 2 “native” SEO TRS that are active right now and possibly 2 of the most successful ones as well.

One of them was a Level 2 seller for a long time and suddenly became TRS a few months ago (selling the same SEO gigs). I witnessed that. I’m always checking my competitors. 😃

I have no explanation or proofs. I don’t know how or why they got there, but they did. 🙂

@s_sayan - Well my friend. It doesn’t really matter if you believe me or not. A fact is a fact. And I’m pretty sure Fiverr is not going to lie about it.

As for knowing other sellers… why can’t you post their names? They are selling Fiverr gigs. There’s not rules against posting Fiverr gigs. Post them. I would like to ask them how they did it.

I am sure they will appreciate you promoting their gigs for them.

Reply to @bigbadbilly:

That’s right. A fact is a fact. There are native SEO TRS my friend. For me that’s a fact. 😛

I don’t think Customer Support is lying. I just think they say different things depending on the person who talks to you. At least that’s what i’ve seen here in the forums. That’s why I said we should always take what Customer Support says with a grain of salt.

As for the usernames of the sellers, I thought it was against the rules of the forum to mention other users here. Can a sheriff confirm that please?

Well, in that case I suppose it will be fine if I post the URL of one gig here:

URL REMOVED

This guy was a Level 2 seller a few months ago, then all of a sudden he became TRS after being a SEO seller for all the time I’ve seen him around.

As you can see, he only has SEO related gigs, and it was the same when he became TRS a few months ago.

Archived