Do I lose money when the order gets canceled?

tproud

Buyer placed an order without contacting me first and turned out he ordered a service I do not provide. As he is completely new to Fiverr, he asked me to deal with order cancellation. While I was handling that, there was a statement under my order cancellation form. It said: “You are losing [order amount] if you cancel this order.”
Do I actually lose my money if the order gets cancelled? Do I actually pay Fiverr out of my earnings??? Or do I lose potential earnings? Can somebody please clarify this? Thank you.

You lose the money the order that is getting cancelled would bring you. It’s just fiverr’s way of stating the obvious to discourage you from cancelling anything ever, nothing more.

Oh good. Fiverr can certainly scare the sellers to death. Thank you for your response!

You lose the money the order that is getting cancelled would bring you. It’s just fiverr’s way of stating the obvious to discourage you from cancelling anything ever, nothing more.

@lenasemenkova Great answer, You always provide simple and great answer. When I see that you are giving replay. I stopped because I sew that you always provide perfect answer to all.

Archived