Do I Need to Create a Legal Document for Commercial and Broadcast Rights?

tlvoiceover

Hi guys, I’m a new voice over seller and I have a question for you. How do I go about creating a legal document to send out to my buyers when they purchase Commercial or Broadcast rights from me? Can you refer me to any resources or tutorials that can help me in creating these legal documents?

I’m confused, when I reach out to customer service they say I have to deliver a legal document to my buyer when they purchase commercial/broadcast rights from me. But when I go to Fiverr forum some are saying that by purchasing the rights that is the proof the buyer would need for the rights and there are no additional documents needed. So which one is it?

I have answered several of these sorts of things two today even.

Following Mr Ink’s advice will get you there.

Try to minimize long, convoluted contracts as no one wants them. They are rarely enforceable and generally Intent is more powerful than some poorly designed boilerplate document if fame comes to town.

🙂

I am a new VO seller too! Welcome. I haven’t had a request for an agreement. My husband has been a VO seller on here for 2 years, and I haven’t heard him mention one. In my FAQ section, I include questions about them, a description, and Fiverr’s policy on them. Hope that helps.

I have answered several of these sorts of things two today even.

Following Mr Ink’s advice will get you there.

Try to minimize long, convoluted contracts as no one wants them. They are rarely enforceable and generally Intent is more powerful than some poorly designed boilerplate document if fame comes to town.

🙂

I appreciate your reply, thank you!

I am a new VO seller too! Welcome. I haven’t had a request for an agreement. My husband has been a VO seller on here for 2 years, and I haven’t heard him mention one. In my FAQ section, I include questions about them, a description, and Fiverr’s policy on them. Hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply. That’s what I thought too that in most cases an agreement is not necessary. I made one anyways just in case someone ask for it.

Archived