Fiverr Community Forum

Do I need to file taxes in both the US and my country if I am not a US citizen, Green Card Holder or US resident?

Hey guys!

I hope you are able to help me with this huge doubt! I would like to start offering my services on Fiverr and I have very clear that I have the obligation of paying all direct and indirect taxes due to my home country. However, I don’t understand if I also have to pay taxes in US or if at least I need to comply with the filing of a tax form in US. This doubt arose after reading many messages about Fiverr issuing some forms/certificates to sellers in order to be compliant with IRS regulations. I am not a US citizen nor a green card holder nor a US resident and all the work would be performed from my home country (which doesn’t have a double taxation treatment with the USA). Please, I would appreciate if experienced foreign sellers (without citizenship or legal residence in the US) could share their experience: 1) describing the type of forms/certificates that they receive from Fiverr every tax year, 2) if they need to file taxes in the US and 3) how they report their Fiverr income.

By the way, I already ask to customer service this question and even ask for more information about the logistics with the delivery of tax form/certificates that they deliver to their sellers, but I only got a “we advise to seek a tax professional”

Thanksfor all your answer!

3 Likes

Check this out: Fiverr Help and Education Center (W-9 collection).

And this: Fiverr Help and Education Center (Seller Taxes).

Suggest you contact your local tax office or an account for help regarding your specific tax situation.

4 Likes

Yes.

No.

You only need to worry about paying taxes in your home country.Please don’t worry about anything else. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edited

Added - from your profile, it says you are in the USA, so presumably you are a US resident, so none of what I said previously applies. Where do you think you live?

1 Like

Thank you for noticing the issue about location. I already tried to update a thousand times my country, but I don’t understand why it keeps saying US. I live in South America.

2 Likes

That explains it - thank you! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for your information
It was very helpful to a newbie on Fiverr

1 Like

Thanks for your recommended

2 Likes