Fiverr Forum

Do I need to rate my buyer before receiving my product?

I just bought my first gig (making a logo). After a few modifications I accepted the work of the seller. They are now telling me to rate them 5 stars and THEN they will send me what I paid for. Is this normal? First of all I don’t feel like I can rate them 5 stars because I wasn’t happy with my experience especially with their communication. I received a proof of the logo but I would like to see everything before giving a full review. So my question is, do I need to rate my seller before receiving the final product?

Dear Cathy:

Most of the problems on Fiverr are caused because either the Buyer, Seller, or both don’t take the time to read the

Reviews
Feedback reviews provided by buyers while completing an order are an essential part of Fiverr’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the buyer’s overall experience with the sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the seller.
Leaving a buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
Feedback comments given by buyers are publicly displayed on a seller’s Gig page. Buyers have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service. Cancellation of an order does not remove feedback unless mutually agreed.
Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a seller’s Live Portfolio on their Gig page if the buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.
Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Gig’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the buyer has three days to respond and post a review (or 14 days for Gigs with shipping). If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 30 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days.
Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their buyers through mutual cancellations.

I suggest that you open a ticket with Customer Service to determine how best to proceed.

Good luck,
Blaise

No you don’t need to review them before you receive your ordered item, and please don’t!

If you’re not happy with what you receive, then please ask for modifications etc. to ensure you do get what you ordered.

Good luck!

No, never.

Your review should reflect your experience on 3 factors when asked.
If you are coaxed into giving unJUST review, simply do not add a review or contact customer support.

No. Your product is ready when you acceptt the delivery.

Absolutely not. You must see your final products that you have paid for before even considering leaving a review, or even completing the order for that matter. Fiverr adds a watermark that gets removed once the order is accepted (if the seller has that feature turned on) but the seller shouldn’t ask you to accept the delivery until you’ve seen the final product. The seller isn’t allowed to blackmail you into leaving a 5 star, or any, review. Get what you paid for, leave an honest review, then please report them to CS (screenshot their message to you about the review) and help make Fiverr a better place for buyers and sellers.

Here are some issues which are confusing. Some sellers “deliver” a gig and you get then the message from Fiverr to evaluate the seller. But wait! Often, especially for SEO, clicks etc. services the seller “delivers” only that he started his work by sending you a tracking link to trace the progress e.g. Analytics link. While the true execution and delivery of his work might take 5, 10 or more days (according sellers description). So as said here ONLY do your evaluation when the gig is truly DELIVERED.