Fiverr Forum

Do I need verified paypal account?

Hi,

I’m wondering if I need to verify my Paypal account before withdrawing money from Fiverr.

Thank you

Hmmm, I’m not 100% sure, but I believe a non-verified account will only cause issues when you withdraw from PayPal to your local bank.

For Fiverr, you may not need a verified PayPal account. But in order to withdraw your money, you may need it. Because PayPal usually freezes unverified accounts. You can instead, use Payoneer if PayPal is not available in your country.

I recommend getting your account verified but you should still technically be capable of holding money in an unverified account.

Hi. If I remember right, when you connect your PayPal account, you’ll get an email with a link to click, then you’ll ned to wait 24 hours until you can withdraw.

In Fiverr’s words, and in case you haven´t connected your PP account yet :arrow_right: https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205257508-Setting-up-Your-PayPal-Account

Every time you withdraw, you’ll get an email with a link you need to click, as well, but after that initial time with the 24 waiting period, from then on the mail to confirm the withdrawal and then a mail that the withdrawal was successful and the mail from PayPal that they received the funds, at least for me, happen within a minute or so.

PayPal wants you to verify your account once you are over a certain threshold, I don´t know if that differs from country to country, but you´ll find that in PayPal’s FAQ or ToS.

Yep, that’s the popular $500 limit.

Ah, then it differs indeed, it´s more here.

It’s only $200 here! :sweat_smile:

Yeah! With the 24 hours limit as well. The money gets transferred to your bank account within 24 hours. Am I right, Seller Sardarji?

No. I can withdraw the money the moment i get in my PayPal. There is no 24 hour thing in my PayPal.
I think you are talking about auto withdrawal system on PayPal.
Auto withdrawal is the process of automatically transferring your funds from your PayPal account into your bank account in India.
This is an Indian regulatory requirement and applies to all PayPal users in India. Your PayPal balance is auto withdrawn to your local bank account in India daily. You can check your bank account within 5-7 working days after your funds have been auto withdrawn from your PayPal account.

No, I meant to say that after you receive the funds in your PayPal, they are automatically transferred to your bank account within 24 hours. Unlike the American PayPal accounts, the money cannot be stored in the PyPal account for later use.

Yep, that’s what I was saying.

But you are from Pakistan!! :grimacing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yep! And I know the Indian PayPal regulations. Don’t know what’s so funny in this.

The funny thing is you know more than me about my country and rules/regulations.

Haha, yes, got a few friends from there. And I am an avid reader as well.

Thank you guys, your answers did really help :slight_smile: