Fiverr Forum

Do new accounts have restrictions?

Hi. I want to know if new accounts on Fiverr have any kind of restrictions. Here is why:

My current profile (which I’m using to write this Topic) was created in 2018, but I haven’t created any gigs on it for personal reasons. Now I am going to use this platform as a source of income and I want to start with a new profile, since having an account active from 2018 and not having a single order completed may not be attractive for clients.

I am aware that having two accounts in Fiverr is not allowed, as it is in the TOS. So to close my account, I will contact Customer Support.

But before doing so, I want to know if new accounts on the platform have any kind of restrictions, whatever that may be.

Thank you.

6 Likes

refer here https://www.fiverr.com/levels

2 Likes

Thanks for yor reply. I am aware of the restrictions contained in the Fiverr’s Level System, regarding to a New Seller account. But I want to know if there are any others that could apply to a completely new account - referring some change or update in Fiverr’s TOS that I’m unaware of, perhaps?

2 Likes

Hey welcome!
As far as I know, there are no other restrictions other than the ‘no level’ restrictions in the link above. ^ I started selling a little over a year ago and haven’t gotten any kind of info update from Fiverr during that time about any new restrictions. Good luck with your gigs! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

This isn’t a counter argument, just something else to consider: Longevity, even without sales, implies you know more about how the platform works.
Also your profile isn’t the first thing people will see, from within a gig. If you have an outstanding gig, a potential buyer might never even notice that your profile is older.

2 Likes

If you make a new account then you have to deactivate this one first. After that, on the new account you have to be a no level seller for at least 60 days even if you have completed the other requirements. I don’t think so, if the old account with no gigs will have any impact on the seller’s account. You should give the quality work and you will start making a good reputation on fiverr. Just be consistent and make a first good impression while dealing with the client.

Best of luck!

3 Likes

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Do you advice me to stick with my current account then?

1 Like

I’m not really qualified to make that call, but the way I see it, you can start with the old account and if it doesn’t work, then take steps to get a new one, but you can’t do the reverse, start with new and change your mind about the old.

1 Like

I’m in the same case as you, except I just signed up this month but my account create is apparently as a customer and not as a seller, so I can’t convert it as a seller in this platform, and I don’t know what to do thank you for your help . Hakim

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

Buyer and Seller are not separate accounts, just two sides of the same account. To access the sell portion, click on the green words “Switch to Selling” by your profile picture.

I also suggest you read the Community Standards & Forum Rules - 2020 so as to make your time here pleasant. (It considered rude to hijack someone else’s thread. The search bar is your friend.)

Keep your current account. It is already aged, and I believe that has some advantage.

Only change it if you don’t like your username.

Thank you, Mary. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can convert it to seller. I was once purely a buyer then then I started selling.

Thanks for your reply. I think I am going to change it, since I actually do prefer another username, a more professional one.

I see. I thought about this and am likely to change my account, since I actually prefer another username, a more professional one. Wish Fiverr had a way of changing it without deactivating the account…

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated!

Cool. Make sure you first deactivate the old account before creating another one.

Sure. I’ll contact Customer Support to deactivate it propperly.

Thanks!