Fiverr Community Forum

DO NOT buy CC0 bundle videos on Fiverr without LICENCE check

This was 6-9 months ago. And also our conversation in the inbox is not there anymore so I guess Fiverr erases conversations you had with users that are no longer available on the platform.

In the video metadata, they are all created in 2017 so my guess is someone collected all the videos from Youtube in one bundle and sells them as is (and resellers too, so they can not really check all the videos, over 4000 of them in each category). They all act upon belief it is a collection of CC0 videos.

From the free 6 samples provided for testing I picked randomly one for testing and it was all over YouTube on multiple channels with different logos in the corner so that lead me to believe it was really CC0. After he sent free samples for testing he went silent. Issues with Dropbox, but I can’t confirm since he is not in my inbox anymore.

I completely forgot about the video since I do not cook. It was unlisted or private so not even visible on my channel.

From all the videos in the bundle available cooking was extra that I did not need and I used that one for testing. :woman_facepalming:

@vickiespencer I should have deleted the video he sent for free, for testing, after he stopped responding to messages, but videos set to unlisted and private are not visible, and the concept of cooking is so abstract to me I completely forgot about the video.

I wanted to buy the bundle for Excel files included, not the videos.

1 Like

I don’t see a single line where she actually mentioned making a purchase, but if she actually did then it’s my mistake.

1. At least I use periods.
  2. I see nowhere where she actually claimed to make a purchase. I just see a “sample” that a buyer copy/pasted in because they have a small collection of sample videos. When they saw the sample, they probably claimed it.
  3. That is honestly just cheesy. Foie gras?

This is what led me to understand that @marinapomorac purchased the files.

If your post is last on the topic you can just add on it, no need to make consecutive posts.

No, he doesn’t have a collection of sample videos, he has a bundle of actual videos. I wanted to know are they free to use on YT and he sent me a couple for free for testing. I first check the screenshot, then uploaded it and waited to see what will YT say. When there was no warning, I wanted to buy the whole bundle (because of Excel files included, not the videos) and he stopped responding. This was all in a period of a week or two, so not a one-day process. I waited for a response and obviously now that I look, it never happened.

The video I uploaded was set to private/unlisted so I forgot about it.

Videos in bundle supposed to be free to use commercially as is.

He was one of the rare sellers to have Excel files that are categorized. Many have original, uncategorized Excel so that is why I waited for his reply.

It is OK @vickiespencer he is making a good point here given that I could be THAT kind of person, but I am not, and he doesn’t know that.

Without knowing “me”, this is just a random topic by some buyer who took samples from the seller and run of with them, so I get it completely.

The time frame was I wanted to buy. Since I was paying for the videos I did not want to waste 100GB of space and internet download unusable videos, he offered free samples to put on my YT for testing, I just picked one randomly from the I think 12-18 provided (different categories), at the time all was OK; I wanted to purchase the bundle, waited, he did not respond, I forgot to remove the video.

I did not use any of the files he sent except that one directly uploaded to YT.

To use a sample provided by the seller without permission from the seller and/or actual purchase is not correct.

I did not “use” the file, I had permission from the seller to upload it to my YT, it was just uploaded privately to see will the YT copyright system be triggered.

4 Likes

I asked seller to send me samples

Samples, not work. She uploaded a sample of the seller’s unpaid work to “test” them without making a purchase and got demonetized. She never specified she actually purchased…

You know, he probably blocked you because you uploaded his samples. You likely cannot see his page because he has blocked you from contacting him.

Did you actually read what Marina wrote? Once again…

1 Like

Yes, before purchase. And then she uploaded it to YouTube. What do you expect? Of course it tags her for copyrights, she took a sample she wasn’t supposed to upload and uploaded it! If the seller consented to this, that’s a whole different story. But it appears she snuck behind the seller on this one.

??

Did you read anything, at all?

He sent me files to upload on YouTube, “Upload this to Youtube and see mam, it is OK, free, no problems to your channel, sure”.

OK. Try to follow what he was selling. He is selling 4000 pieces of 1 minute duration videos, there are no samples short version or actual files longer version. It is just that, a set of 4000 videos each is 1 minute long. For social media.

He sent me a couple of actual files from 4000 bundle. Not “samples” as cropped videos or I do not know whatever you are thinking samples are.

I was supposed to put samples on my Youtube as evidence they are OK to use on YT.
That was the whole point he sent samples.

He did not tag me, he is a reseller of the bundle. I was tagged by a lady who made the video in 2017. It is a baking cake recipe video, she is mixing eggs and some white thing, puts it in something and it gets baked, and then she puts whip cream on top and the video ends.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone with a channel with 2M subscribers would sell their footage on Fiverr.

Also:

2 Likes

The buyer actually gave her permission to upload the sample, as she stated:

1 Like

Huh, it appears I was wrong here. He actually consented to this? Can you provide a screenshot of the messages with the names blurred?

I could be wrong, but I believe @marinapomorac said the conversation was no longer available because the seller’s account has been removed from Fiverr.

I had some conversations from profiles that were removed, that I had marked as spam. Maybe the conversation was moved to archive, rather than deleted?

1 Like

I apologize for making such an assumption. Not many details were provided of the situation and I jumped to a conclusion a bit.

3 Likes

I never marked him as spam or anything. The last thing I remember was something about his Dropbox issue where he has all the files, or it was transferring to Drive.

I checked everything, I do not remember his name so I checked every entry in inbox in last 10 months but he is not there.

I opened like 20-30 people in browser yesterday and I had to pick the boats from photos 15 times…

But he is not there.

Do not know why. I have others where it says “this user is no longer” or “cant be contacted”, but the messages are still there.

By the way, happy birthday @the_mad_duck! Have an awesome day :tada:

So, @the_mad_duck, you must be 17 now. Happy Birthday! :partying_face: :cake: :ice_cream: :balloon: :confetti_ball:

Thanks, I appreciate it lol

3 Likes