Fiverr Community Forum

Do NOT order from this seller

Hi All!

Hopefully this will help someone before ordering from this guy! So here is the story.
I ordered from him a gig to promote one of our mobile apps to 2M social media audience. After a 7 days delivery time he marked the order as delivered providing our own app screenshots as it appears on the Google Play Store as a prove… After asking for the actual prove of the delivery he provided screenshots from Facebook groups and Twitter. The thing is he just posted those after I asked for actual prove of delivery. So he basically attempted to deliver without delierying. This is totally unprofessional. Although I wasn’t 100% happy with the result I accepted the delivery anyway…

Then the thing started. After I accepted his delivery he asked my to provide him review on his Fiverr page. I wasn’t really feeling like it because my exeprience with him wasn’t great. So I did not provide any review/feedback for him (at least not at that time yet). The very next day I saw 4x 1-star bad reviews on my app listing and all of them were coming from the same device, under different variation of the same user name and had similar content. This was totally unusual because the app has almost 90% of 4 and 5 stars reviews. After tracking the user profile who gave those bad reviews it turned out it’s from the same country as my Fiverr seller. So I asked him on Fiverr and he admitted first it was him doing and he can remove my bad reviews if I give him good review. Then he said it was “audience” but it’s his friend and he can ask him to remove the bad reviews. Later that day I received 2x more bad reviews on the app. It’s total disaster. I paid him and instead of promoting my app I ended up getting 6x 1-star fake reviews from him and/or his friends.

I contacted Fiverr support with this issue but still waiting for resolution.

Mod Note: Username removed.

3 Likes

You need to remove the username of the seller as naming and shaming buyers and sellers is not allowed on the forum.

3 Likes

How else buyers will know who should they avoid? It’s not shaming anyone it’s genuie review and it’s public information

You have given him a 1 star review.

2 Likes

It’s on the buyers to do that thing called due diligence, if you can’t do that then you deserve all you get and frankly if you were expecting a load of social stuff from a vendor here offering a 100 million impressions etc for five bucks, well, you and your naivety deserved to be ripped off for being so susceptible to what any smarter brained creature would consider total nonsense which can’t be legitimately delivered.

Yes of course after my bad exp with him he doesn’t deserve for more. So what’s Buyers Tips forum for then? If buyers can see the reviews then there is no need fo the forum if I cannot warn others from buying from someone.
I removed his username from the title of the topic

Posts may be edited or removed for extreme language or negatively calling buyers/sellers out by username.

The above is from the forum rules which we all have to follow.

Here is the link: Community Standards & Forum Rules - 2020

Yes, it wasn’t a lot of money but it’s still worth to warn others from ordering from him. Not only his delivery was poor but the worst thing was after the delivery he did 6x bad reviews so the outcome was worse than if I didn’t order at all!

I don’t get it why the post was hidden!?.

How come it’s allowed to give bad reviews on Fiverr seller’s page but not on the forum. Both sellers pages and forum are available to buyers so what’s the difference you can do this there but not here? I can create a post on 100 other forums with his username and link and it will be thanked buy others that I helped them avoid being ripped off.

The same way you can give bad reviews to some shop online, on trustpilot website etc. Or Google business reviews etc.

Stop thinking you circumstances permit you to break forum rules. They don’t.

And no, you did this because you wanted vengeance. Let’s call a spade a spade. We’re not here to witness your revenge plots.

1 Like

No, I described my experience as a buyer to warn others from bad seller. Whatever the circumstances still the forum guidelines may need to be updated especially in the Buyers Tips section.

1 Like

The forum rules will never be updated to say you can defame sellers or buyers by name.

Luckily you can do it on the seller’s page. It’s strange that you are allowed to share product review without saying or linking to the actual product. So I can share my buyers experience from the order but not saying what was the order or from who it was. LOL

Legitimate sellers aren’t exactly clamoring to work with buyers who go out of their way to defame sellers, just so you know.

Any legitimate seller who researches you will see your posts and be immediately deterred and you’ll only get work from even more sketchy sellers.

So your revenge plot is quite counter-productive.

3 Likes

I will repeat, I only posted my experience from buying a product (ordering a gig) in the Buyers Tips section to warn other buyers. There nothing wrong with it. You suggest that any genuie review from buying a product if it’s a negative review then it’s a revenge in your dictionary LOL

Nothing wrong with it? The forum rules explicitly forbid that. Where does it say that circumstances let you override forum rules?

You either didn’t read them or don’t understand how policy works.

And regardless of the rules, you’re shooting yourself in the foot. You’ll never get work from legitimate sellers who see this thread. You’ll only get more work from sketchy sellers, which is the very thing you’re trying to prevent.

Yes there is nothing wrong with sharing your review in the Buyers Tips forum section. I guess you must be a seller on Fiverr that’s why you are so scared of reviews on forums. Definately not ordering from you.

Obviously I wasn’t saying that isn’t allowed. Of course it is. Don’t twist what I said.

I’m obviously saying that naming the seller was the infringement, hence the word “defame.” The forum rules explicitly forbid that and it makes no sense to announce to Fiverr sellers that you will defame them if you feel like it. Not exactly attractive to good sellers is it?

I clicked the report button because your ignorance to the way it works here is laughable.

1 Like

The forum rules say “Posts may be edited or removed for extreme language or negatively calling buyers/sellers out by username”. A seller who has been negatively called out on the forum will normally have the name blanked out from the post by the mods.

Saying to contact you privately for the username will also be against the rules because it would still be using the forum to negatively call out a seller by name.

The proper place is on the review on the main site and, if necessary, to contact customer support on the main site with a support ticket if you’ve had a very bad experience with a seller and explain the issue to them.

2 Likes