Do Not Place All Your Eggs In A Single Basket

lucycodex

Fiverr has been good for me, and helped me to provide for my family and myself full time. However, there is a trend that I have noticed through crunching numbers that I think will be telling.

I took the impressions, clicks, views, and orders from my 3 bestselling gigs and aggregated the data based on time period.

It looks a bit like this

spread.png.846fd4b54eed582d35c9590f62b32f74.png

As you can see, my impressions per day have gone down on average, as did my clicks, views, and orders. The only exception is the past 7 days, where only my impressions are down, but it is too short term to really know if that means anything will rebound.

I am not going to mention my income, but I will tell you that it has been down too.

This is why I am so fervent about income diversification:

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

Having many sources of income is vital when it comes to surviving in the freelance market. Fiverr is great, but it should in no way be one’s one and only source of income.

Archived