Fiverr Forum

Do not waste your time with 5$ gigs

I Agree with you. That is real things on fiverr.

That’s the theory, it doesn’t happen in practice. I know people who write books on Fiverr, 50 pages, 200 pages, etc, and they have had HORRIBLE experiences on Fiverr with clients that pay $200, $300, $500, etc. A book writer might get 2 orders a month, so one refund might give them a 50% order completion rate.

My point is that it’s the market that picks the winners, and we can only attempt to follow the market. If the market doesn’t think you’re worth $50 or $100+, then you won’t be getting those orders. Simple as that. If you don’t believe me, look at all the PRO sellers with 0 reviews.

got a point, in fact i’m top reseller and have some customers that pay me for a whole package near $600 and not pay for a pro, ( they know i deliver the same quality as them)

If the Pro sellers have enough great reviews they get plenty of orders.

But you only have 12 reviews. I know you have had more orders than that but just get some more orders and you will see not all buyers are sweet.

Yes, I only have 12 reviews. I hope it’s not a problem for anyone, at least it’s not a problem for me :wink: I don’t make a living out of Fiverr, if had to, I would be starved dead by now :wink:

Maybe yes, maybe no but, what I’m sure of, is that you can get nasty buyers at any service rate, not only $5 orders. I don’t stigmatize buyers for the amount they are hiring.

Why does Fiverr allow users that cancel orders to keep selling?

Hmm, just passing by. Short Of words for now.

Yep, and I think that sometimes when the gig is a higher-priced one that the buyers can be more difficult to please. They often expect much more for their money and think you will endure anything to be paid those premium :moneybag:.

I’ve had good success with BRs as a relatively new seller here. I have bidded higher than the buyer’s budget sometimes, but have never won any of those. I do try to focus on those requests that seem to be exactly compatible with my skills and experience. Whenever possible, I bid to deliver sooner than what the buyer has requested.

If a buyer wants to cancel, I will let him/her go and thank them for their time. There’s too much fear in many sellers here about completion rate plunges, level reductions, response rates downtrends, etc. These Fiverr gauges are not designed to make sellers be terrified and grovel to buyers. They are in place to help us identify any weaknesses that are detrimental to our success.

It helps to build up your faith in your skills and believe that you will get work no matter what your analytics show. Once you’ve done the best you can in every area and carried yourself with respect and dignity in communicating with your buyers, it will eventually bring you more work. Begging and pleading at any time with buyers is out of the question for a professional creative person. No gig or amount of money is worth demeaning yourself for. That buyer will not respect you and may tell others to avoid you. We are not to operate in desperation, though we may feel it at times. We are to operate in confidence, always. Good luck to you!

This is definitely not true, the opposite is true. At least that is my experience and that of many who are posting on the forum.

It depends on what you mean by higher priced. I don’t consider anything under $30 to be higher priced. But you are in a creative field so things may be different.

Exactly. I took a lot at your work it’s very professional, you last negative review was like 2-years ago, the market sees that and knows you’re the real deal.

A new seller can’t charge anywhere near $600. Gotta charge $5 to $10, maybe $10 to $20. Depends on the gig, but one thing is certain, I’m not paying a lot of money for an unproven seller.

True, but if they’re charging over $100, who’s going to give them a chance? Pro sellers need to earn a good reputation like the rest of us.

There is one notable exception. Today I saw a mobile app developer for android and iPhone, he charges $400, has a 29-day delivery, and already has 8 reviews. He’s also a level 1. Techies and programmers can probably get away with charging more because their work might take a lot more time.

I’m happy to hear that, and encourage you to keep bidding higher whenever it suits you. You’d be surprised, a buyer might say his budget is $10 or $20, then realize it’s not enough. Or he might hire someone for $10, then hire you for $20.

The thing about BR is that it’s time consuming. You have to choose the price, choose the number of days, number of revisions, write a short sales message, etc, etc, etc. You’re also competing with 10 to 25+ people bidding just like you. It’s a great resource when you’re bored, but I’d rather get orders from search. It’s so much easier and far more satisfying.

I believe all of your examples and I’m not saying they don’t or wouldn’t happen. Some people’s perception is influenced by pricing and some people’s isn’t. Personally mine is. I like to take my chances and increase my prices because in my experience, it does improve the quality of sellers/clients I get and I’ve read quite a bit that supports that theory.

Good tips . Thank you

i never bid on 5$ request in Buyer Request because almost of them are much more than 5$ but buyer tried to get a new seller to complete the job with cheap cost.
Fiverr doesn’t protect us. Today i have to send request for cancelltion of 2 orders because buyers dont read gig’s description before placing order nor contact me. They try to ask for more but they are not willing to pay extra. They promise to bring me more work in the future if i do their work for a very cheap cost. Who know when will be the future ? 99% that kind of buyers will never come back. We - seller have to cancel orders and get a penalty from Fiverr because they are not worth to our time even we dont do anything wrong.

I agree :100:! It’s also a great resource when you’re waiting for your search ranking to improve, after you’ve done all that you can do to help that along. I keep templates of my responses and tweak them for new BR responses, greatly reducing my time with that. Yes, getting more orders through search is the ultimate goal. Thanks for the encouragement!

@acdesignstudio I love your philosophy & approach to this. I’m happy to read through it. Spot on ! :slight_smile:

I’ve tried copying and pasting my responses, but each request is different, so I end up tweaking them.

Sometimes I wonder if my sense of fairness and fair play is influencing the prices I’m choosing. I’m always wondering how much are things worth, not just as a seller but as a buyer. Would I pay $50 for a logo when I see others doing amazing logos for $10? And how do I know if the seller that charges $50 is that good?

As a matter of fact, the subjective nature of logos, how you can see amazing portfolio samples and reviews from the people charging $50 and the people charging $10 makes choosing a seller rather difficult.

Let’s put it this way, it’s easy to order the most expensive thing on the menu when your boss has an expense account and it doesn’t bother him. But when it’s your own money, it’s a different story. Some still will order the most expensive thing because it gives them a sense of pride. “Look at me! I’m eating a $50 steak.” Others want to make smart decisions, not spend more money than they have to.

I’m also wondering if I should raise my prices on every gig, or just a few gigs. How will buyers feel when they click on my name and see I’m charging $50 for X and $10 for Y when X and Y aren’t that different? Will they take me seriously or start haggling or buy from someone else?

Not everyone is so concerned with what things cost. They may have incomes that allow them to not think so much about the price of things so they can just get what they want.

While $50 may be a lot to some of us, it’s not a lot to everyone. Some women buy handbags for $30 and some buy them for $300 and some for $3000.

Some prefer to spend more, feeling they are likely to enjoy what they get more.

Try to see beyond your own circumstances and feelings about the price of things and realize that there is a wide variety of prices that people are willing to pay.

I’m not rich enough to buy cheap things :slight_smile:

Statistically speaking more expensive services and products provide more value.
All of us can name a few exceptions where branding exceeds the quality, but again, in most cases more expensive product offers more value.

I have people who purchased my gigs over the years for $5 and never even bothered to fill in the requirements for them to start and just forgot about them. They didn’t value them at all, even to conclude the purchase and get what they paid for! I imagine this lowly opinion would carry over somewhat even after the conclusion of the purchase, that it was a throw away purchase not worthy of any type of consideration.

Yeah, tweaking a template for each new BR bid is what I always do and recommend. The template records, which are like form letters, are not to prevent me from having to write them at all. They reduce the time by 1/2 that it takes for me to write my bids, making it easier and faster.

Each bid needs to be made unique. That way, if I respond to other requests from the same buyer, the person will not feel like just a number with a completely stock response to all of their bids. I add uniqueness by repeating back what the buyer shared that he/she wants, along with the time frame, fee, etc. It’s a good compromise for any seller who wants to send BRs, but not spend so much time doing it.

I keep one Word document with all of my various bids wording on it. When I send a really different bid, I copy it before I send it and add it to my document file, or replace one of the other bid texts with it.