Fiverr Community Forum

Do Sellers use tricks for getting GIG Favourites or they ask buyers to add in Fav

What I see I have 100 orders almost but hardly 5-10 gig fav from buyers some are my own.

Also I saw many writing GIG fav are part of ranking

2 Likes

I’ve never asked. If it happens that’s great but asking is weird to me.

2 Likes

There no tricks for anything on Fiverr - honestly, nothing,

Not favouriting your gigs or having others do the same on yours, not starting umpteen threads on the forum, not drinking your cup of tea backwards like you would to get rid of hiccups.

All(!) it takes is hard work, gigs people want to buy and good customer service so you get returning customers.

See, no magic, tricks or anything else. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Asking really seems weird I know.

As I see you have one GIG with 2 reviews but Fav 9 so these confuse me. Yeh I know all don’t review but hardly you will have 10-15 orders on that but 9 Fav

1 Like

I don’t know about that, it will be nice if someone could explain it better.

1 Like

Favourites mean nothing apart from the fact that buyers or potential buyers have bookmarked your gig.

5 Likes

I do that if I’m interested in a gig

3 Likes

You are right but what seems fishy to me is you have just even no review but many fav 20-30 or even like reviews are 1-2 fav are 20. If you have just 2 reviews I don’t thing orders will be more that 20 that are your fav.

I don’t care enough to ask :slight_smile: Even if it does contribute to your ranking I don’t think it has much impact.
I don’t have a lot of repeat customers either, so I don’t know why people would bookmark my gig.

I bookmark gigs when I’m looking for a specific service and I want to bookmark best finds for later.

4 Likes

Can’t see anything fishy - I don’t think there’s a correlation between the number of times a gig has been favourited and the number of orders and/or reviews.

You’re worrying about nothing again! :sunny:

3 Likes

Think of it this way, people don’t bookmark your gigs they buy your gigs :wink:
If a seller has 10 orders but 100 fav then maybe it means that they were not able to close those 90 clients.

4 Likes

Yes that too can happen. You are right if your service if that good and have good reviews and orders in line so other people can fav so then find easily when needed

And I honestly had no idea I even had the 9 favorites.

3 Likes

Cool enough. I guess I am only the one who worries :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Whenever I see an increase in my gig favorite, I receive an order in a day or two.
It’s my experience.

2 Likes

They might just like it and also add to favorite to be back to the fav gig later if they decide to, it’s easier to find when you added it to favorites.

1 Like

It’s only a bookmark tool and there is no correlation between the number of orders, reviews of whatever. I have bookmarked a lot of gigs without ever buying them. I did this just in case I need them in the future. This is how this function is used by everyone.

The only way to have people bookmark your gigs is to have a gig that people like and want to find in case they want to buy it in the future.

What is typical for posts like this is the underlying attitude of looking for tricks and short cuts for everything.
Just do your effing job effing goed and do it effing often. This is the ONLY way to succeed. Not just on Fiverr but everywhere in every field.

6 Likes

When people say all it takes is hard work I get a bit confused. I WANT to work hard, but how can I work hard if nothing is coming in?

3 Likes

You’ve said you’ve done well with buyer requests, so you could keep doing that every day.

You could have up to 20 gigs - is there anything else you could offer?

Are you promoting outside Fiverr - YT video with samples of your VOs etc. :sunny:

Website, blog, FB page, Twitter etc. - they all help!

4 Likes

Work hard on promoting your business, so that sales come in.

5 Likes