Do you avoid working with someone who takes a week (or more) to respond?

hanashivoice

You know the type; they contact you inquiring about your services, you give them a quote, and they don’t respond until more than a week has passed. To me, that seems a bit iffy. Suppose a problem arose during their order. How can you be sure they’ll respond in a timely matter when they waited ages to respond to your quote?

What say you, fine people? Do you consider this a red flag?

I usually don’t. There could be a million reasons for buyers to take long to respond.

A few months ago, I contacted a seller regarding a book cover, talked to her about it a bit, and then the whole project got delayed so I didn’t order. When I’m finally ready, I’ll definitely order from her as she was able to understand what I wanted and had excellent samples and past deliveries. I hope she doesn’t consider my absence a red flag. I doubt she remembers me at all. 🙂

I add expiration time to my offers because my schedule is constantly changing.
image.png.633890e3aa70a4334573c9cb133c7d79.png

If they come back 2 weeks later then offer has expired and I will make a new one, which might have a different price or delivery time. I don’t see it as a red flag because no matter when they come back I choose the delivery time and cost.

I’m guessing that in most cases they are just doing their research. They are asking offers from multiple sellers and making a decision when they get all the offers. In my experience these buyers usually tend to be more pleasant to work with:)

I often get quotes and offers from sellers that I don’t need for some time. Do you have any idea how long it can take to get the right seller? Why would planning in advance be a negative?
It can also be because buyers are waiting on responses from other sellers. Something that many sellers forget or are unaware of is that the order they get can be the tiniest part of a much bigger project. Not being available to discuss the finer details of a $5 order can be because the other $995 worth of orders which make up the full project take priority.

Depends on whether I think dealing with the potential client is going to be difficult or not. The reason I’m picky is because sometimes I’ve had orders and then the customer just hasn’t responded. So, then I’m forced to dispute it. Again, it all goes on how I feel about the person. If I get a good vibe, then yeah it’s all good.

Archived