Fiverr Community Forum

Do you file taxes for Fiverr?

No taxes here for freelancers. :grinning:

Freelancers(Individuals) have no special tax, Income Tax, Sales Tax on their income in Pakistan.

7 Likes

Yes, so long as the money is going through your bank account, you’ll have to declare it.

2 Likes

[details=OT 4 Writer] [quote=“writer99025, post:19, topic:114362, full:true”]
May I just declare that I am very happy with the situation in India today? Thank you.
[/quote]

Writer,

You are awesome! :grinning:

Thank you/Gina [/details]

2 Likes

Am I considered a free lancer?

I’m a good person :confused:

2 Likes

Yes you are,

Wait so do I file taxes still?

I don’t know about your country. I am talking about the law here.

So I looked it up, I still need to pay self employment taxes.

1 Like

No, you can get your sister to file tax instead. You don’t have to do a thing. No problem whatsoever. IRS would love that.

I’m going to give you a :broken_heart: and :-1: on that reply.

2 Likes

I have literally written hundreds of articles on US taxes for a cloud accounting company. This girl @psychicbunny is playing with fire. She has till April 18 to file taxes, or face the consequences.

3 Likes

what’s a tax help[quote=“writer99025, post:32, topic:114362, full:true”]
I have literally written hundreds of articles on US taxes for a cloud accounting company. This girl @psychicbunny is playing with fire. She has till April 18 to file taxes, or face the consequences.
[/quote]

I am don’t worry lol. I have to file them for my office job anyways.

in real life Govt do tax all areas of income , i suppose here too.

Anything over $600 has to be reported, but you’re right, it might not require that you pay anything. When I was making less than $2,000/year as a lifeguard in high school, I do recall still paying taxes.

1 Like

In all countries there is a limit of income if you are crossing it then you should file a return tax absolutely. if your annual income is less then from standard limit then you should also file a nil return file.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

There’s 2 issues on taxes that will require you pay: first is Self-Employment Tax. That’s going to Medicaid & Social Security, normally 1/2 is paid by your employer — but since you are your own employer you get to pay the whole thing! (yay?). If your earnings are under $400 (after business expenses) you don’t have Self Employment Tax (but check with your tax professional).

If your earnings are under (some number - I’m head of household so it’s $9K for HoH + me & my kids as 3 exemptions at $4500 each I think – It will vary depending on your marital status and number of people you support in the US) you don’t have to pay TAX on your income, but that Self-Employment tax is figured out aside from your personal exemptions. You need to have Payment Credits in order to remove Self-Employment Tax —otherwise you have to pay it. Having a kid in college (earning me a decent amount of “Earned Income Credit”) has saved me from having to pay out-of-pocket and I even still get a little refund. The refund, however, was reduced by the amount I owe in Self-Employment Tax.

You need to pay taxes as a self employed person.
Turbotax is good for this. Do not make the mistake of thinking you can not pay taxes and they won’t know. The IRS computers are tied in to every bank.
You do not want to mess with them. And then for this year you should pay every three months as a self employed person. This is how they handle it.

Turbotax will do it all for you.

I’m not the one who needs tax advice, OP is. Not sure why your message was directed toward me.