Do you hate revision like me?

samarart

Lol! I’m always a bit surprised to get a revision request, since I don’t offer any. If you offer them, you’ll get them, because buyers want to get their money’s worth …

Why you don’t offer revision ,because you know buyers want to get their money’s worth!

What if they don’t like what you done ??

It depends. I don’t hate revisions, because they mean that you can improve your delivery, and by doing so, making your buyer happy. I always offer one revision with every order - and this covers things like style, speed, etc. but only if the client has provided good instructions in the first place, and I wasn’t able to live up to those.

They do not cover script changes, or changes because of bad instructions.

If a buyer requests changes based on edits to the script or new instructions, etc. I’ll charge for a new session.

So I’m doing what @veniceart is saying, I’m converting the revision requests into dollars.

What I do hate is clients who need endless revisions. When you’re on version 47 of a voice-over and the “creative team” they have critiquing the VO (their mom, dad, office clerk, janitor, and the 5 slightly-nerdy startup-guys across the hall), you can get pretty exacerbated at times. But at least, then that order has gone from 15USD to 500 bucks!

What I see as a problem is that the revision button is available at all if the seller isn’t offering free revisions. The buyer should have to reach out to the seller and agree on a price before the revision button became available - or at least only be available for the set number of revisions you have included.

Some buyers abuse that button a lot, and for inexperienced sellers, that can quickly turn into a nightmare.

Oh Revisions, Revisions…
sometimes i work with clients, paying cheap and requesting revisions which i don’t provide for free and i mention this on all my gigs, that if you want to request an additional revision you have to add extra $ to the order, the thing is some of the clients think that even if it is mentioned in the gig’s description, they still have the right to request a revision.
sometimes i get threatened to modify the order or getting a bad rating, that’s why i cancel the order and give them the delivery for free just to avoid getting 1 star rating, then of course block them.

@samarart - I’m very careful to define my projects in detail before raising an offer. Like or not like isn’t a reason to cancel according to TOS. If I make a mistake, a revision isn’t really a problem … and I’m generous with my time.

You guys with the more creative gigs are in a bit of a bind with revisions … but still, so many offer unlimited revisions on very low priced gigs. Raise your prices and you’ll get fewer revision requests …

Archived