Do you love animals too?

typingservice

This isn’t Fiverr related. I hope that’s ok - it’s just chit chat.

Have you ever found a dog? I live in a townhouse complex and three days ago I saw a dog running around. I hadn’t ever seen her before, just assumed she must belong to someone. Then I saw her again yesterday, and was hoping someone would help her. Then I was out walking my dog this evening and I saw her again laying in the grass. I asked a neighbor nearby and he said it wasn’t his dog and he sounded irritated that she’s been hanging around. So, since my dog normally hates other dogs I took him home and then took water and food by myself to where I saw her in the complex. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do…

She was a little skittish but quickly ate and drank everything I brought. I sat there for about 30 minutes and we made friends. I also had a leash but I found out she wasn’t trained on that. I was able to pick her up and I took her over to the townhouses of about 5 people in the complex asking if they could take her in. No one could but one lady wrote down a list of animal groups for me and another advised me do not take her to the pound because they are euthanizing pit bulls and chihuahuas almost immediately because they stand little chance of being adopted and also added in our area they don’t use lethal injection but some type of gas chamber.

I really, really didn’t want to take her home. I’ve had my dog for 7 years and EVERY dog he’s ever met he hates. But, that seemed to be my only choice. On the bright side, I introduced the two and AMAZINGLY my dog liked her! I tried to leave her out on the patio but she makes this soulish howl when left alone outside. Not even a bark just a funny howl. I let her in and she played with my dog for about 30 minutes as if they were old friends and now she’s curled up on a fur blanket in my livingroom taking a solid nap.

So, that’s what I’ve been doing for the last four hours when I’m suppose to be working on my gigs in queue. 🙂 I’m not sure what to do with her, but she seems to be a very good dog. I did put up a sign by the mailbox, and over the next few days I thought I could take her to a vet to see if she has a microchip. I won’t take her to the pound. Anyone want to adopt a nice sweet chihuahua? Any Ideas? 🙂

Hello,

That was nice of you to help the dog. I am an animal person too and even have a gig related to it. You might try looking at your local Craigslist Lost and Found section to see if anyone has posted an ad that they lost a dog. If you don’t see a match, you can post your own ad saying you found a dog and you might locate the owner. That’s my best idea for you! Good luck.

Maddie “FontHaunt”

Reply to @fonthaunt: Thanks Maddie! I just checked Craigslist for dates over the past week. It was a good idea, but it doesn’t look like anyone inquired about her. Honestly, I’m just wondering tonight - maybe she was dumped. The community I live in is gated with just one entrance. It’s possible she could have walked in from the outside, just not as likely. And while I don’t know all my neighbors, usually if you go around asking many people, someone’s going to know something. No one I talked to has seen her outside of the past three days that she’s been running around in here. At least, with her sweet and gentle demeanor (and the fact my dog likes her too) it buys a lot of time - I can just play it by ear and keep her here as long as necessary. I’m also getting a little attached to her. She woke up awhile ago and sat in my lap and was also wagging her tale. 🙂 I’ve never really been around chihuahuas but thought they were supposed to be hyper yappy dogs. She’s not at all. She hasn’t barked once and she’s pretty calm. She’s taking another nap now. Anyway, thanks again … 🙂

Archived