Do you remind buyer's to buy again

samueldesign09

I pay attention to what they’ve previously purchased from me and whatever projects they have going. If and when I see they have a need I can fill, I pitch to them, tailoring my offer accordingly and reminding them of the benefits they got from my previous work for them. I never, ever pitch generically and I usually offer a discount or free extras.

In the pitch, I am clear about what value they will get from working for me, including if it will save them time and money. You always want a buyer to see a return on the investment in hiring you. Use analytical data to back this up wherever possible and frame your work as a solution to a problem, not as a frill or a nice-to-have.

How, is that considered a spam and restricted!

I think Fiverr should discreetly set up a well written and friendly reminder that sellers can send to their past clients at a given period of time to interval. Don’t you think so! As we do this to offline client and sometimes it works. They might just say " yeah that’s reminds me I have a project because want you to do for me" and you just get a job

I pay attention to what they’ve previously purchased from me and whatever projects they have going. If and when I see they have a need I can fill, I pitch to them, tailoring my offer accordingly and reminding them of the benefits they got from my previous work for them. I never, ever pitch generically and I usually offer a discount or free extras.

In the pitch, I am clear about what value they will get from working for me, including if it will save them time and money. You always want a buyer to see a return on the investment in hiring you. Use analytical data to back this up wherever possible and frame your work as a solution to a problem, not as a frill or a nice-to-have.

pitch to them,

That is called spamming and can get your account restricted.

I think Fiverr should discreetly set up a well written and friendly reminder that sellers can send to their past clients at a given period of time to interval. Don’t you think so! As we do this to offline client and sometimes it works. They might just say " yeah that’s reminds me I have a project because want you to do for me" and you just get a job

friendly reminder that sellers can send

If you send a message to a previous buyer about again purchasing your service, that is spamming and can get your account restricted. No ifs ands or buts.

pitch to them,

A tailored pitch isn’t spam. I do this very sparingly and, like I said, only if there is a specific need that I can fill and, from my past history with this client, I know it’s something they would want and we have a strong relationship.

If this was spam, the custom gig function would have little purpose, except if someone contacts you pre-order and wants something special.

If I was generically asking people to buy my gig, that would be spam, yes.

A tailored pitch isn’t spam. I do this very sparingly and, like I said, only if there is a specific need that I can fill and, from my past history with this client, I know it’s something they would want and we have a strong relationship.

If this was spam, the custom gig function would have little purpose, except if someone contacts you pre-order and wants something special.

@humanissocial What you are doing is sending previous buyers spam and can get your account restricted.

the custom gig function would have little purpose, except if someone contacts you pre-order and wants something special.

That’s exactly what it’s there for. 🙂

the custom gig function would have little purpose, except if someone contacts you pre-order and wants something special.

That’s exactly what it’s there for. 🙂

That’s exactly what it’s there for.

No it’s not there to send previous buyers spam. It’s there IF someone first messages you.

Let us cooperate with Fiverr. Am sure they have a good reason for their rule. Thanks for your comments

Am sure they have a good reason for their rule.

Yes, they do. Buyers get angry when they receive spam, and might leave Fiverr because of that.

As we do this to offline client and sometimes it works.

In most cases, though, it doesn’t work, even with offline clients. I hate it when I buy something and later get an unsolicited offer to buy something else. Many other people feel the same way.

Am sure they have a good reason for their rule.

Yes, they do. Buyers get angry when they receive spam, and might leave Fiverr because of that.

As we do this to offline client and sometimes it works.

In most cases, though, it doesn’t work, even with offline clients. I hate it when I buy something and later get an unsolicited offer to buy something else. Many other people feel the same way.

Good saying we should not pursue buyer! I have learnt new things from you guys thanks

A tailored pitch isn’t spam.

If a buyer interprets a pitch as spam, it’s spam. Some buyers do, so unsolicited pitches that are reported as spam are not encouraged by Fiverr.

A tailored pitch isn’t spam.

If a buyer interprets a pitch as spam, it’s spam. Some buyers do, so unsolicited pitches that are reported as spam are not encouraged by Fiverr.

Thanks. I only really do this with someone with whom I have a strong relationship and wouldn’t perceive it as spam (and don’t. And they usually buy the offer), but thanks for alerting me to the risks and policies.

Archived