Do you think Fiverr Pro affected Non-Pro Gig sales?

aqtsoftpro

Hello All,

I have been observing and trying to understand. What has caused sales to go down no matter profile standing is solid and everything. So one thing that stuck in my head is that, it’s not just me; many may have experienced drop in sales. Especially, with old accounts.

Fiverr gave alot more importance to Pro gigs and this could be one big reason why non-pro account sales has dropped.

What are your thoughts? No offense, environment should be competitive. I just want to know how many of you agree or disagree and why?

Thank in advance.

I think, not sure though, fiverr is giving opportunities to those people who are new in this marketplace and at the same time, bring a lot of traffic here

There is no doubt in it. It’s a perfect marketplace for equal opportunity, but i see a little more drift toward Pro. So thought to discuss here.

This helps in raising up the standard.

There is no doubt in it. It’s a perfect marketplace for equal opportunity, but i see a little more drift toward Pro. So thought to discuss here.

This helps in raising up the standard.

Not sure it has much to do with Pro gigs, not with all the buyers looking for the cheapest gigs they can get

I find the site confusing now. I’ve been a long time buyer (299 orders to date), and sometimes the site feels confusing to me. I came here to give upstarts a chance, and get a good deal for myself. Now I go to fiverr and the first think I see is jobs for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Hey! I’m not some big corporation, just a guy trying to get work done as efficiently as possible. I’ve also stopped tipping since they tack on an extra $2 fee to a $5 tip. It just doesn’t feel right. When I go tip for any other service in the real world, for example a restaurant server, the restaurant doesn’t force me to tip them too. I’ve notice a steep decline in my buyers tipping as well, which I imagine is for the same reason mentioned above. I wish fiverr started a second, completely seperate site with a different name for the “Pro” services. You can’t serve two masters.

I find the site confusing now. I’ve been a long time buyer (299 orders to date), and sometimes the site feels confusing to me. I came here to give upstarts a chance, and get a good deal for myself. Now I go to fiverr and the first think I see is jobs for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Hey! I’m not some big corporation, just a guy trying to get work done as efficiently as possible. I’ve also stopped tipping since they tack on an extra $2 fee to a $5 tip. It just doesn’t feel right. When I go tip for any other service in the real world, for example a restaurant server, the restaurant doesn’t force me to tip them too. I’ve notice a steep decline in my buyers tipping as well, which I imagine is for the same reason mentioned above. I wish fiverr started a second, completely seperate site with a different name for the “Pro” services. You can’t serve two masters.

You are right james, that’s the thing. As, it’s both way difficult. For buyers and also for sellers. We understand it’s a competitive environment but there should be a margin. A point of interest, if Fiverr hasn’t improved it. I see a big gap for new marketplace to step in, offering alot new in the gig industry.

Let’s hope for the best. I am half way away from becoming TRS, but decline in sales has pushed me to think on different angles of Why and what?

You are right james, that’s the thing. As, it’s both way difficult. For buyers and also for sellers. We understand it’s a competitive environment but there should be a margin. A point of interest, if Fiverr hasn’t improved it. I see a big gap for new marketplace to step in, offering alot new in the gig industry.

Let’s hope for the best. I am half way away from becoming TRS, but decline in sales has pushed me to think on different angles of Why and what?

Good luck obtaining TRS! Please let me know if you get there, and what affect it has. Keep up the great work!

Anyhow I’ve opened a similar discussion, so if you are interested check Fiverr's....downfall?

Changes made in the marketplace, make you absorb and observe it. So, this thread purpose is to see the moving trend and direction of the marketplace, no matter they officially declared it or not. But, few changes like this shows that either fiverr is thinking to promote and bring forward only Pro’s or specifically targeting expensive gigs to filter out verified and professional sellers and big pocket buyers.

Either way, it’s their business strategy, but like Jack Ma (Alibaba founder) said; i try to hunt small fishes rather than whales. So may be it was fiverr initial approach now they are adding a flavor of hunting down big fishes and let sellers do that as well 🙂

thoughts?

Changes made in the marketplace, make you absorb and observe it. So, this thread purpose is to see the moving trend and direction of the marketplace, no matter they officially declared it or not. But, few changes like this shows that either fiverr is thinking to promote and bring forward only Pro’s or specifically targeting expensive gigs to filter out verified and professional sellers and big pocket buyers.

Either way, it’s their business strategy, but like Jack Ma (Alibaba founder) said; i try to hunt small fishes rather than whales. So may be it was fiverr initial approach now they are adding a flavor of hunting down big fishes and let sellers do that as well 🙂

thoughts?

I dont think the same, a lot of sellers are dissapointed including myself because of this new strategy. Orders dropped and overall profit dropped, for both sellers and Fiverr site. Pros and big prices are nothing but an experiment gone wrong. Think of it like this way - couple of pro sellers vs tens of thousands other sellers earning profit to this site, which one is more profitable? Quantity will always win in terms od profit and earning.

I dont think the same, a lot of sellers are dissapointed including myself because of this new strategy. Orders dropped and overall profit dropped, for both sellers and Fiverr site. Pros and big prices are nothing but an experiment gone wrong. Think of it like this way - couple of pro sellers vs tens of thousands other sellers earning profit to this site, which one is more profitable? Quantity will always win in terms od profit and earning.

You are right milan, but i have an observation could be wrong. There might be sellers who are working as agencies or not proficient in their work. This is one more of disappointing buyers of not quality work done on fiverr. So Fiverr, might have experimented with Pro gigs, with a backing of Fiverr.

Also, there are some re-known designers/teams/developers. So, might be fiverr has started a program for them to standout. As they have promoted couple of times a designer who designed Apple logo. So this could be the case.

Interesting thing is i saw many Pro gig sellers have bad rating than the sellers don’t have pro-gigs… still they have huge sales with 5 or 4.9 star rating 😃

thoughts?

Yes, definitely. I mean you have $300 and $30 in my category right next to each other, for instance, and for your average buyer they look the same quality-wise. So if you want to sell more of $300 gigs you’ll be giving less visibility to the $30 ones.

I’m a TRS with all the stats above 97% and I’m experiencing a pretty tangible drop in new buyers since August (maybe earlier than that, I had a few big projects in summer so I was busy and wasn’t paying much attention). Those new buyers who do come in have better quality projects for me, though, I have to say. If we’re looking for positives in this.

You are right milan, but i have an observation could be wrong. There might be sellers who are working as agencies or not proficient in their work. This is one more of disappointing buyers of not quality work done on fiverr. So Fiverr, might have experimented with Pro gigs, with a backing of Fiverr.

Also, there are some re-known designers/teams/developers. So, might be fiverr has started a program for them to standout. As they have promoted couple of times a designer who designed Apple logo. So this could be the case.

Interesting thing is i saw many Pro gig sellers have bad rating than the sellers don’t have pro-gigs… still they have huge sales with 5 or 4.9 star rating 😃

thoughts?

Thoughts?

I have plenty, but Im hungry and waiting on breakfast so i will try to make it quick.

I am a graphic designer myself, specialized in logo design and branding. Giving away over 1000$ for just logo is ridiculous thing. Like seriously. And some ‘pros’ here are doing that. You could get a full branding + site(maybe) for that.

Why do some ‘pros’ have bad rating? Not to mention a lot of them had stolen work from internet in portfolio, do a bit of research on this one. It’s shameful.

Next thing Fiverr wont keep for example pro designers, as they will never work for this type of site and have 20% commision on them. They will grab clients through their own sites and put that 20% in their pockets. Im also heading towards that. Not to mention Fiverr takes that 20 from tip that buyer gives you. Kudos to that(ironic).

Overall thought, site is named Fiverr. Then leave it like that and keep offering services on a budget. Establish a new site for ‘pros’ separately and thats all. I dont know who are their ‘managers’ who are making these stupid changes, but I would let them build their own site and leave my company like ASAP.

I see your point of view, but unless you are offering pro services chances are you are offering very low rates. I am a freelancer here and outside of fiverr and I can tell you that on marketplaces such as fiverr are screwing the freelance community. The rates of mine and others who offer the same freelance services are way more outside of fiverr and i’m sure others will agree. People work on fiverr nonstop to make a living only making 5-30$ per sale, that to me is rediculous. People only come to buy the cheapest gigs, which again is not a problem, but people wonder why they either end up with shitty work or generally just not happy with delivery.

Archived