Fiverr Forum

Do you think making the price lower is good because of competitors?

Hi there,

Do you think it’s really a good thing to make your gig price lower because of the competitors ?? I know we will get more sales if we do that…But I always feels like it is useless to work more and get a low payment… What you guys think??

Last day I went to the garage , and my boyfriend told me ‘here it’s so cheap and the work is good , that’s why I always come here’

I was thinking about that… But??? More work and get paid less??? You mean is it fine??

5 Likes

You might make more sales, but you’ll also make fewer sales as well. And your competitors will likely make more money than you.

If you want cheap customers, offer cheap prices. If you want great customers who understand the value of good work, price your services higher.

10 Likes

If you are a new seller and with limited experience then its recommended to offer low price.

Then you can improve your experience with the buyers who are concentrating more on the price than the quality.

Once you become a expert on the particulate service you can increase the price and target the customers who are concentrating on the quality.

8 Likes

Great :slight_smile: Thank you very much for replying to my post :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great! Thank you very much for replying to my post :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I dont think anjalee that by lowering your price you’ll get more orders if you provide quality work and you know you must recieve this much amount for the job then go ahead and charge that price
when you increase prices you will get messages from next level of customers which dont think about price but quality work

6 Likes

You are 100% right!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yup :+1: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with your advice.
New sellers should work for a low price

1 Like

@anjaleelive1

Being New Seller It is Acceptable lowering the Price to Gain Trust of Buyers.

But After Achieving a rank Lowering Price is not a good idea. In this way your quality of work will be disturbed and might be less attentive…

You Better Know The effort You are going To deliver. So Never Compromise about quality And DOn’t care About Quantity When You will be A Top rated seller you automatically get orders…

1 Like

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does."
Napoleon Hill

I’m starting my shop now and my gig is actually 100% free.
People will like my work and recommend it, and then I will be well paid.

1 Like

@gustavomak I’m curious as to how this works. If you don’t get paid through the system, that also means you aren’t getting reviews, therefore blocking you from future orders from people looking for a reliable seller.

As for those who come on recommendations, they’ll expect you to work for free since that’s such a major draw, and balk when you start charging for your services.

2 Likes

Newer sellers have to have $5 gigs to get buyers. You do work at a very low price so that you can build up reviews. It is the time and effort you put into building up your good reputation so that eventually you can raise your prices.

1 Like

Wow, it seems you thought about a worst case scenario for me hahaha :rofl:

I had to put a price of $5 minimum on my gig, but it’s worth much more, this $5 are just symbolic, I can always find a way to refund! So I will get reviews, even if a payment is required in order to review.

I believe people who come on recommendations will already know I deliver quality content, so I’ll be able to charge.

I went through this recently. A potential client thought that I was charging too much for what they figured was a “simple” job. I went as far asking what they thought a fair price would be, and they came back with 50% of what I quoted. I refused to budge. I know what my time is worth, and as a general rule, when people are looking for cheap work, they’re also a nightmare to deal with.

Long story short, if you have a price, stick with it.

3 Likes

Hey, what can I do. It’s easy for new sellers to get taken advantage of, especially when you’re eager for work and have no reviews. That’s definitely not something I like to see!

I just wonder how you’re going to refund, since if the order gets refunded I’m pretty sure your reviews will also disappear. If you go around the system…well, that’s another can of worms.

Hopefully that’s the case. I wouldn’t bet on it though. I don’t have any faith in internet strangers.

@somaginer1996 I completely understand your point of view, but that’s just my strategy to get clients in the beginning.

$5 is just symbolic, I believe most people wouldn’t care about a refund because the product is worth way more.

In business one thing is irrefutable truth, if you give value you receive value. So first we have to give, then, we receive.

This gig is also something I actually enjoy doing, so it doesn’t matter if I find some bad people on the way haha

1 Like

Just because I enjoy writing doesn’t mean I don’t want to be paid for the value I contribute to others. I wouldn’t say I’m an amazing writer, but I think that my work is worth something.

I suppose we do have a different approach. I’m a college student, and I’m not willing to sink any money into Fiverr or the buyers I meet on here. So far, that has worked out pretty well for me.

I’m actually more concerned about how you’ll refund them. It actually seems more complicated to promise them a refund than just go about earning money for work you do. But hey, I’m not you. I can’t control what you do. I’d be interested to see how things go for you, though. Who knows, maybe I’m totally mistaken in my cynicism and you’ll be able to draw people in :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t want to work for free either! It’s just a strategy for the beginning as a way to create a portfolio.

The refund is not a problem, I doubt someone would really ask for a $5 refund after receiving quality work, just knowing I’m willing to do it already contributes a lot!

Yes, let’s see how it turns out, I hope it goes well :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your advice :slight_smile:

1 Like