Do you think the Fiverr Pro team are really up to the level?

arnabx

Hi,
I’ve been a logo designer on fiverr, I’m a level 2 seller. Recently after fiverr updated the new feature : THE PRO, I kept on checking the samples/mock up of the pro sellers. Frankly, I did not find anything very fancy or way above the mark like designs coming from them.

I have also not seen any supremacy in the level of creativity as for the price that buyers pay for it.

How did fiverr go on with the selection of the Pro’s? Most of them are level 1 sellers as I saw.

Does anyone know ?

Thanks!

I would visit this thread and ask. 🙂

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

I am a Fiverr PRO seller, ask me anything!

Hi folks, I am a Fiverr PRO seller who was approached by Fiverr to apply for and join the platform. I am happy to answer any questions about my thoughts on Fiverr PRO, experience with my gigs, or anything else you're curious about. Mod Note: Paul...

Reading time: 19 mins ? Likes: 441 ❤

Listen to the latest Fivercast about PRO sellers.

Fiverrcast - Season 2, Episode 2 - PRO!

Welcome Back to Fiverrcast! Episode Two kicks off with your hosts Ryan Heenan @customdrumloops and new host Trisha Price @trishafor5 in an episode dedicated to Fiverr Pro!

In This Episode ...

Essentially, being a PRO isn’t just about the creative work we produce (I am a PRO Seller in the articles category.) Other areas that are taken into account include:

• The level of detail we go into for understanding the client.
  • Our industry and topic experience and history.
  • How we manage client relationships and provide services.
  • Previous “big name” clients and other proof of quality.
  • Intangible areas like trust, communications, and more.

In short, to be a PRO you need to do much more than just “do the work.” It’s about everything else around that, which is how the Fiverr team select PRO sellers. If you have any other questions, please visit the thread previously linked and ask there.

Listen to the latest Fivercast about PRO sellers.

Fiverrcast - Season 2, Episode 2 - PRO!

Welcome Back to Fiverrcast! Episode Two kicks off with your hosts Ryan Heenan @customdrumloops and new host Trisha Price @trishafor5 in an episode dedicated to Fiverr Pro!

In This Episode ...

Essentially, being a PRO isn’t just about the creative work we produce (I am a PRO Seller in the articles category.) Other areas that are taken into account include:

• The level of detail we go into for understanding the client.
  • Our industry and topic experience and history.
  • How we manage client relationships and provide services.
  • Previous “big name” clients and other proof of quality.
  • Intangible areas like trust, communications, and more.

In short, to be a PRO you need to do much more than just “do the work.” It’s about everything else around that, which is how the Fiverr team select PRO sellers. If you have any other questions, please visit the thread previously linked and ask there.

The level of detail we go into for understanding the client.

Our industry and topic experience and history.

How we manage client relationships and provide services.

Previous “big name” clients and other proof of quality.

Intangible areas like trust, communications, and more.

I should be a PRO seller then. I’m not sure I have big name clients though since I don’t get their full names.

I know a PRO writer here who definitely deserves that badge. I also know a few other writers who deserve the badge just as much, the only difference being that they charge very little, while the PRO writer charges a lot.

I think that ability or willingness to charge and get higher prices than average is part of the selection process

I should be a PRO seller then. I’m not sure I have big name clients though since I don’t get their full names.

I know a PRO writer here who definitely deserves that badge. I also know a few other writers who deserve the badge just as much, the only difference being that they charge very little, while the PRO writer charges a lot.

I think that ability or willingness to charge and get higher prices than average is part of the selection process

Everyone is free to apply for the PRO badge although it is not available in all categories yet.

It’s a flop show…

What’s a flop show? What does that mean?

Simple question to all old seller - you guys have served thousand or lac of fiverr buyer - so are you not pro?

why pro gigs coming in the top of the every page - usually they say - gig do rank and show upper in the search based on performance - no one knows - what they are performing with 0 review and why coming in top search result.😉

they are selecting pro as based on social influence and identical projects…

what a joke - if any seller have delivered 10000 of job - there was nothing identical project?

discussing on pro - wasting time - hahahah - i’m wasting my time too 😉

It may well be that if / when they roll our PRO to your niche you would be an excellent fit. I would definitely keep an eye open 🙂

Simple question to all old seller - you guys have served thousand or lac of fiverr buyer - so are you not pro?

why pro gigs coming in the top of the every page - usually they say - gig do rank and show upper in the search based on performance - no one knows - what they are performing with 0 review and why coming in top search result.😉

they are selecting pro as based on social influence and identical projects…

what a joke - if any seller have delivered 10000 of job - there was nothing identical project?

discussing on pro - wasting time - hahahah - i’m wasting my time too 😉

I refer you back to my previous comment on the areas Fiverr considers when deciding who is PRO. In terms of old sellers that could be PROs, anyone is able to apply. I do strongly suggest everyone listens to the Fiverrcast previously linked for more insight.

I was looking at logo designs the other day. (Still looking for a good artist that doesn’t create what everyone else can) and stumbled upon one… 400-800$ for what? The most simplistic, cartoony looking vector (MS PAINT LOOKIN) I dunno what to even call it, and there were buyers… LIKE WHAT? I’ll sell some body parts for that price*… Are they required to up their price by like hundreds or do they do it because its “Pro”? I know a few of them but others that SHOULD be on it.

*subject to terms and conditions, body parts may be used prior to sale, all sales as is no refunds.

I was looking at logo designs the other day. (Still looking for a good artist that doesn’t create what everyone else can) and stumbled upon one… 400-800$ for what? The most simplistic, cartoony looking vector (MS PAINT LOOKIN) I dunno what to even call it, and there were buyers… LIKE WHAT? I’ll sell some body parts for that price*… Are they required to up their price by like hundreds or do they do it because its “Pro”? I know a few of them but others that SHOULD be on it.

*subject to terms and conditions, body parts may be used prior to sale, all sales as is no refunds.

@nizate Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Apparently others like the sellers work enough to pay that much.

Maybe @paulmaplesden can tell you if there are requirements for certain higher prices if you are a PRO.

@nizate Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Apparently others like the sellers work enough to pay that much.

Maybe @paulmaplesden can tell you if there are requirements for certain higher prices if you are a PRO.

The only “requirement” for PRO pricing as far as I know is that we cannot price our gigs below a certain minimum. For the articles and blog posts category, that’s $100 - I am not sure what it is for other categories. I suspect PROs are experimenting with different price points, and it will be a case of balancing order numbers against revenue.

Hahaha, That’s what took me to surprise.

I have been working for sometime now, and I have experience. I would not call myself a pro, though the work they showcase are not the “PRO” standard, that is just my personal opinion bdw.

I read a comment by @paulmaplesden about the level of detail you go through and managing clients, communication, etc

The quality of work which you supply is the most important thing mate.

You can always go into deep details, manage your clients well, gather trust and be efficient in communication.

The amount charged for a logo design which I saw was around $1000(Basic gig), I could not find anything so majestic or grand about it.

Hahaha, That’s what took me to surprise.

I have been working for sometime now, and I have experience. I would not call myself a pro, though the work they showcase are not the “PRO” standard, that is just my personal opinion bdw.

I read a comment by @paulmaplesden about the level of detail you go through and managing clients, communication, etc

You can always go into deep details, manage your clients well, gather trust and be efficient in communication.

The amount charged for a logo design which I saw was around $1000(Basic gig), I could not find anything so majestic or grand about it.

I realize that, but need to stress it is not the only thing. That’s what Fiverr considers when they are assigning PRO status - it’s not just the quality of the work, it is everything else too.

The only “requirement” for PRO pricing as far as I know is that we cannot price our gigs below a certain minimum. For the articles and blog posts category, that’s $100 - I am not sure what it is for other categories. I suspect PROs are experimenting with different price points, and it will be a case of balancing order numbers against revenue.

In my opinion PRO badge simply means external talent. Fiverr decided to bring in external talent to attract different type of audience and hopefully reshape their brand form “low cost services” to “premium services for businesses”. At first I also thought that PRO is the next level from TRS, but PRO has a completely different meaning and selection process. You can’t really compare these.

There are plenty of great sellers with PRO badge and I’m sure time will confirm that. However, there are few who will not make it here and that’s absolutely fine. Fiverr is not for everyone and buyers will decide who stays and who goes.

If Fiverr manages to bring in more business customers then we can all raise our prices. Personally I think Fiverr should first reduce scammers and offer better support to its current sellers, but it’s not my call 🙂

For the articles and blog posts category, that’s $100

Interesting, I was wondering why prices are not dropping lower than $100. Some PROs started with 400+ and now they are at $100. I was waiting for the prices to drop even more, but I guess it’s not going to happen any time soon 🙂

In my opinion PRO badge simply means external talent. Fiverr decided to bring in external talent to attract different type of audience and hopefully reshape their brand form “low cost services” to “premium services for businesses”. At first I also thought that PRO is the next level from TRS, but PRO has a completely different meaning and selection process. You can’t really compare these.

There are plenty of great sellers with PRO badge and I’m sure time will confirm that. However, there are few who will not make it here and that’s absolutely fine. Fiverr is not for everyone and buyers will decide who stays and who goes.

If Fiverr manages to bring in more business customers then we can all raise our prices. Personally I think Fiverr should first reduce scammers and offer better support to its current sellers, but it’s not my call 🙂

For the articles and blog posts category, that’s $100

Interesting, I was wondering why prices are not dropping lower than $100. Some PROs started with 400+ and now they are at $100. I was waiting for the prices to drop even more, but I guess it’s not going to happen any time soon 🙂

$100 seems to be a sweet spot for pricing for PRO buyers - certainly I have sold quite a few gigs at that price point. Something I forgot to mention, it’s OK for custom gigs for PRO sellers to be priced below that. I’ve done intro / fact finding work for $50 to $65.

Please don’t undermine the level of talent that goes into the creation of Logo’s.

What I am trying to say is that Logo’s can be worth thousands of dollars.

As a designer myself, the art of logo designing is merely producing simple designs that speak volumes. The talent is visualizing what to create and actually producing it. To give you an example, the Nikey logo will probably take me 2-5 minutes to replicate. The Coca-Cola logo will probably take me 1 hour. However, the value is how to come up with a design. Many designs look fairly simple - if only you were able to think of it initially.

In some ways it’s like producing a song. If it’s a catchy tune and it goes viral, the art of the song was producing it. Now, everyone can sing it but coming up with it is where the money is at.

Please don’t undermine the level of talent that goes into the creation of Logo’s.

What I am trying to say is that Logo’s can be worth thousands of dollars.

As a designer myself, the art of logo designing is merely producing simple designs that speak volumes. The talent is visualizing what to create and actually producing it. To give you an example, the Nikey logo will probably take me 2-5 minutes to replicate. The Coca-Cola logo will probably take me 1 hour. However, the value is how to come up with a design. Many designs look fairly simple - if only you were able to think of it initially.

In some ways it’s like producing a song. If it’s a catchy tune and it goes viral, the art of the song was producing it. Now, everyone can sing it but coming up with it is where the money is at.

Another example of simple logo design, and hopefully this post remains, is the new one for the city of San Diego. It looks simple but a lot of funds went into designing it along with a branding package.

Archived