Do you want to help me improve my Illustration gigs?

debsdraws

Hi there!

I am an illustrator based in the Netherlands. My “niche” would be cute and detailed illustrations. I offer a few different gigs:

Vector illustration
“Simple” raster illustration
“Detailed” raster illustration
Seamless patterns
Low poly portraits of a pet or person

I’m not getting the amount of sells I would like, can anyone help me improve my gigs? Maybe even change what kind of gigs I offer?

Thanks in advance!

~Debora

I think your gigs are great but a little bit pricy, you need more reviews and get a great reputation.

Thanks for your response! I guess my gigs are a bit pricey if you compare them to other gigs on Fiverr, but I think the quality I deliver is worth the extra $$

I do need more reviews, but in order to get that, I would need more buyers first 😛

Hi!

I would say the same, try to focus on gig detail description. Meaning, for the prices you ask, you could elaborate on the services you provide in your descriptions.

Also, I agree with you that you need more orders to get more reviews, however, you should let customer satisfaction regulate your prices, not your view on the quality of your work. It is always a good thing to be confident in what you do, but if you don’t market through any media, or freelance in any other way as ‘proof’ of quality, you really will have to rely on customer satisfaction.

If you do market or freelance, than I didn’t say anything 🙂

In any case, best of luck!

Hi!

I would say the same, try to focus on gig detail description. Meaning, for the prices you ask, you could elaborate on the services you provide in your descriptions.

Also, I agree with you that you need more orders to get more reviews, however, you should let customer satisfaction regulate your prices, not your view on the quality of your work. It is always a good thing to be confident in what you do, but if you don’t market through any media, or freelance in any other way as ‘proof’ of quality, you really will have to rely on customer satisfaction.

If you do market or freelance, than I didn’t say anything 🙂

In any case, best of luck!

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your tips! I do have a part-time job in illustration at the moment, so I do have a lot of portfolio work, so that’s not an issue!

you should let customer satisfaction regulate your prices,

I’m sorry I have a different opinion about that. I don’t want buyers who just want my work for very cheap, I want to grow my account without selling myself short.

Sure I will make nice discounts for returning sellers and bigger projects. But I have my prices like this because I believe that that will filter all the “I just want this for very cheap and I need it in 24 hours”-buyers from the buyers that are actually interested in my work and respect the effort and time it takes me to make these images.

I could absolutely elaborate in my descriptions, thank you. Now I feel silly I haven’t thought about that before.

Thanks for the luck! I’m afraid I’m going to need it, haha.

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your tips! I do have a part-time job in illustration at the moment, so I do have a lot of portfolio work, so that’s not an issue!

you should let customer satisfaction regulate your prices,

I’m sorry I have a different opinion about that. I don’t want buyers who just want my work for very cheap, I want to grow my account without selling myself short.

Sure I will make nice discounts for returning sellers and bigger projects. But I have my prices like this because I believe that that will filter all the “I just want this for very cheap and I need it in 24 hours”-buyers from the buyers that are actually interested in my work and respect the effort and time it takes me to make these images.

I could absolutely elaborate in my descriptions, thank you. Now I feel silly I haven’t thought about that before.

Thanks for the luck! I’m afraid I’m going to need it, haha.

That’s understandable, but there is something to be said for selling at a lower price point at first. There are the cheap buyers, of course, but also ones that just aren’t certain about people with no/few reviews. A low price might be the key to pushing them to take a chance.

Of course, it’s ultimately your choice.

That’s understandable, but there is something to be said for selling at a lower price point at first. There are the cheap buyers, of course, but also ones that just aren’t certain about people with no/few reviews. A low price might be the key to pushing them to take a chance.

Hey Esther, cool to see another Dutch artist here on Fiverr 🙂

About your portfolio: it might be handy to import all your work into a PDF file, and display it in the Gig. I also use the PDF as a way to show clients my portfolio!

Hey Esther, cool to see another Dutch artist here on Fiverr 🙂

About your portfolio: it might be handy to import all your work into a PDF file, and display it in the Gig. I also use the PDF as a way to show clients my portfolio!

I also use the PDF as a way to show clients my portfolio!

That’s such a great idea! Thanks! I will definitely use that!

Ah yes, you make very good points, I might consider it if it becomes a problem, but for now, I feel pretty good about my decision.

Archived