Does age impact amount of sales?

bradencollins10

I’m a minor here on Fiverr, 14 to be exact, and I don’t tell people my age that often because as long as they are satisfied with my work, I don’t see a reason for them to know my age. I was just wondering if you think that age impacts the amount of sales and the readiness for a buyer to purchase a gig in any way. Thank you!

For some people it probably does, but generally-speaking, I doubt it… For instance, I found this site around 2012 and posted a gig or two, but never got any sales. But my daughter, who was 16 at the time, also created an account (in Fun & Lifestyle) and she had no problem getting sales, due to her professionalism and commitment to doing a good job. As a result, she always had extra spending money, on top of her allowance, thanks to Fiverr…Now, 5 years later, she’s giving me tips on how to improve my Profile and gigs, since I’m back and determined to do better…

I think it usually is a little slow-going at first, but once you’ve proven yourself, things should get easier.

Hello Braden,

I know a bunch of teenagers out there who knows A HECK A LOT MORE about computers than I do, so as long as I get the feeling that I can count on them and they have shown their skills to me, I will gladly pay them and ask for their help. I know some kids who are really good writers and have a very creative mind, they can sing well, play the piano, create a website, etc etc etc. Bottom lines, it’s the skills.
Having that said, depending on the situation I will feel a biiiiit worried. If for example I had a business document, I don’t think I will ask a teenager to translate it, even if the person was bilingual. It just depends I guess.

No need to lie about your age, but you don’t have to tell people either.
I agree with what Eoin said, your photo looks like you are between 14 ~ early 20’s.
Personally I think you look 18. And yes, it’s a compliment.

Hello Braden,

I know a bunch of teenagers out there who knows A HECK A LOT MORE about computers than I do, so as long as I get the feeling that I can count on them and they have shown their skills to me, I will gladly pay them and ask for their help. I know some kids who are really good writers and have a very creative mind, they can sing well, play the piano, create a website, etc etc etc. Bottom lines, it’s the skills.

Having that said, depending on the situation I will feel a biiiiit worried. If for example I had a business document, I don’t think I will ask a teenager to translate it, even if the person was bilingual. It just depends I guess.

No need to lie about your age, but you don’t have to tell people either.

I agree with what Eoin said, your photo looks like you are between 14 ~ early 20’s.

Personally I think you look 18. And yes, it’s a compliment.

Thank you and I was hoping that that was the case. I understand that people may be drawn away from a minor if the buyer is professional and needs something done up to par and believes a professional will do a better job.

For some people it probably does, but generally-speaking, I doubt it… For instance, I found this site around 2012 and posted a gig or two, but never got any sales. But my daughter, who was 16 at the time, also created an account (in Fun & Lifestyle) and she had no problem getting sales, due to her professionalism and commitment to doing a good job. As a result, she always had extra spending money, on top of her allowance, thanks to Fiverr…Now, 5 years later, she’s giving me tips on how to improve my Profile and gigs, since I’m back and determined to do better…

I think it usually is a little slow-going at first, but once you’ve proven yourself, things should get easier.

This is helpful. I just don’t know if it will be any different because some of my gigs are more writing based and I don’t know if that will influence an individual’s opinion on my professionalism when it comes to crafting scripts and stories. That’s amazing though and I’m hoping I can sell more soon.

Archived