Does being active on the Forum helps getting more orders?

madebyabby

I doubt that being active on the Forums will give you more sales - I’m being very active (but I do it to help others, not to get sales), and I have seen no effect upon my sales whatsoever, none.

If you want to be active on the Forum, you should do so but not for the sake of getting more orders - it doesn’t work like that.

You can be active by contributing to the community, sharing your knowledge and experiences, provide suggestions and help to others, and things like these that are the purpose of a Forum in the first place.

I doubt that being active on the Forums will give you more sales - I’m being very active (but I do it to help others, not to get sales), and I have seen no effect upon my sales whatsoever, none.

If you want to be active on the Forum, you should do so but not for the sake of getting more orders - it doesn’t work like that.

You can be active by contributing to the community, sharing your knowledge and experiences, provide suggestions and help to others, and things like these that are the purpose of a Forum in the first place.

I don’t have my spreadsheet in front if me but majority of my seller come from the forum. Most are frequent contributors who give coherent advices and such. The fact that I know their work ethics and knowledge gives me the feeling they are trustworthy.

I don’t have my spreadsheet in front if me but majority of my seller come from the forum. Most are frequent contributors who give coherent advices and such. The fact that I know their work ethics and knowledge gives me the feeling they are trustworthy.

I guess it depends on your niche, too… I mean, in the writing category it’s easier to attract sales from within the Forum - people see how well you write in here, see that you’re a great Forum contributor, they check you out (your gigs, I mean, lol), and they convert.

I don’t know if it contributes to sales, but it does help you get Top Rated Seller status. In fact, being active in the community is the way to get TRS, along with high ratings and lots of sales, of course. What I mean is, you can’t get TRS without being active here…so if you are going for that, it’s worth your while to help others on here and be part of things. I don’t have much time to do so, but would like to get here more often. I do like this new forum design much better than the old one.

Yes, I agree 100% with you! I’ve gotten a lot of tips from these forums!

But I was just wondering, because I felt like the more I was online… the more orders I got!

Guest offlinehelpers

Maybe if you write LONG INFORMATIVE POSTS that get indexed in Google and drive RELEVANT TRAFFIC to the post. Here on forum, sellers search for Fiverr related problems and I did not see that much activity from buyers.

We’re all buyers… 🙂

I don’t know if it contributes to sales, but it does help you get Top Rated Seller status. In fact, being active in the community is the way to get TRS, along with high ratings and lots of sales, of course. What I mean is, you can’t get TRS without being active here…so if you are going for that, it’s worth your while to help others on here and be part of things. I don’t have much time to do so, but would like to get here more often. I do like this new forum design much better than the old one.

that’s not entirely true. I became TRS before ever stepping foot on the forum.

that’s not entirely true. I became TRS before ever stepping foot on the forum.

How long ago was that? Because at one point Fiverr listed the steps or ways to becoming TRS and being a leader in the community, mainly the forum, was part of it. If anyone knows how to be a community leader with Fiverr besides in the forum, I’d love some ideas!

How long ago was that? Because at one point Fiverr listed the steps or ways to becoming TRS and being a leader in the community, mainly the forum, was part of it. If anyone knows how to be a community leader with Fiverr besides in the forum, I’d love some ideas!

TRS criteria are the same now as back when I was made TRS. (over 2 years ago)

Yes, when they say “community” they do mean the forum.

But you are missing the point: posting here all day long, helping others and even writing incredible, posts that help others in a profound way, will not get you the TRS badge.

Fiverr’s editorial team will go through your gigs, STATS/numbers and profile standing first.

(so, great unique offerings, great sales maintained over X period of time, and background check for flags respectively)

Even if you are not a leader figure here, you’ll still get the TRS badge.

edit: before people jump at the chance to prove me wrong, I need to clarify:

what I mean is that they will look into the above things FIRST and if those checkout, then they may brush your profile here on the forum as well. but at that point in the process, forum presence is a moot point.

I get at least two sales a year from this forum or maybe more that I don’t know found me here.

But it’s not why I’m here.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, and @gina_riley2 can actually tell a different story. 🙂

But it is important that senior members do not encourage people to start posting all day long anything that pops to mind, thinking they will get their payday.

And if you all recall it wasn’t that long ago when the last tidal wave of:

•“thank you dear sir, useful post”

•“top five tips for sellers:

register an account, post something, get rich”

•“hope you find this useful: <off-topic link/and-or spam>”

and other low-quality posts flooded this forum. 🙂

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, and @gina_riley2 can actually tell a different story. 🙂

But it is important that senior members do not encourage people to start posting all day long anything that pops to mind, thinking they will get their payday.

it is important that senior members do not encourage people to start posting all day long anything that pops to mind, thinking they will get their payday.

I didn’t think two sales a year would encourage anyone but then maybe it would. 🙂

Oh my gosh, those post makes me want to scream! :scream: They waste a seconds of my life I’ll never get back.

The sellers I’ve hired are the ones I’ve interacted with, who consistently give meaningful advices and create meaningful fun post. I get a good feel for their work ethics.

I should have made that clear for newbies reading this in my Original Post. I’m sure you knew what I meant, but others may not; it’s good for me to clarify. 🙂

I don’t just randomly buy from anyone that post here. Some even hurt themselves by posting, the bullets you listed above.

Oh my gosh, those post makes me want to scream! 😱 They waste a seconds of my life I’ll never get back.

The sellers I’ve hired are the ones I’ve interacted with, who consistently give meaningful advices and create meaningful fun post. I get a good feel for their work ethics.

I should have made that clear for newbies reading this in my Original Post. I’m sure you knew what I meant, but others may not; it’s good for me to clarify. 🙂

I don’t just randomly buy from anyone that post here. Some even hurt themselves by posting, the bullets you listed above.

great clarification on the matter @gina_riley2 !

Archived