Does consistency help conversion?

being_creativ

I don’t think there’s a correlation. I hire based on portfolio samples and gig reviews, not on whether the seller is online. Sometimes I’m surfing the web so I appear online on Fiverr, and don’t get a single order.

Same here but what made me wonder/ my thoughts behind the question is what if your gig gets a higher search ranking/more listing opportunities the more regular you are about being online.

Guest offlinehelpers

Same here but what made me wonder/ my thoughts behind the question is what if your gig gets a higher search ranking/more listing opportunities the more regular you are about being online.

Chicken ==> egg ==> chicken?

is there any correlation between login time(meaning how long you’re online every day and new orders?

There probable is/was. But there is likely much less correlation now that the “show online sellers” option doesn’t work properly and doesn’t show when many people are “online”. But when it worked it did seem to lead to more orders, especially ones needing doing quite quickly.

See: Show online sellers no longer works

For sure! If people see you’re online when deciding which gig to check out, they will most likely think you’re very active, and a good choice.

Although if your online status is no longer being shown, like it seems to be, then there shouldn’t be a difference if you log in once a week or every hour. Except if you don’t respond to new messages in a timely manner and orders go overdue, then it will for sure have an effect.

The only way to find out is to do a long term test where you don’t change any parameter except the time you are on-line.
Example:
Don’t change any aspect of your gig. Stay on-line for let’s say 10 hours a day for a year and measure the results. Then don’t be on-line for another year and measure the results. Compare the data and you have an unreliable result because there will be returning customers. You could of course ask the returning customers if you being on-line had anything to do with their purchase.

I don’t know anybody here who ever came up with results from such a research, yet I read a lot of posts were (often very questionable) people advised to stay on-line a lot in order to “mek-sells” 😉

Archived