Fiverr Forum

Does editing your gig really effect rankings?

Does editing your gig actually effect it? I need to edit mine but just was very curious on whether or not this was false or not

2 Likes

If you edit your gig correctly and accordingly then there will be no bad effect but a really good effect.
Secondly your gig may hide from search results after editing, for 24 hrs or may be 48 hrs which results in decreasing impressions etc. But’s that’s normal don’t worry about it. Just edit your gig perfectly and wait for few days you will surely see good results.

Best of luck! :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great thank you very much!

1 Like

Thanks for your nice advice.

1 Like

Yes, it can have a positive effect to edit your gig. If your gig is not set up properly, it won’t rank well.

Tips to keep in mind when editing your gig

• Make sure to use the keyword of your service in your gig title as well as a descriptive word.
  • Make sure to do your research and look at other sellers gigs that are selling well to see what search tags they use. You can use the same search tags. You can find the search tags below the reviews section.
  • Make sure in your gig description you use the keywords of your services at least 3 times.
  • Make sure that your gig image is saved with a file name contain the keywords of your service

If you have a gig that has no reviews, it’s better to back up the data for that gig and then delete it instead of editing it and create it from scratch again. What this does is gives it a boost in the New Arrivals section on Fiverr so that potential buyers will be able to see it.

All the best!

2 Likes

I had the same problem, here are the answers I got (Hope this helps you :slightly_smiling_face:)
Does updating a gig affect it’s SERP position?

Thanks, Very informative reply. Specially the 3rd point. I also personally believe that keyword density should maintain. At least 3 times i think perfect.