Does FAQ important for a gig rank?

nurol247

Maybe indirectly. An FAQ section can help answer buyers’ questions. This can make your Gig look more appealing and help you to make sales.

I’m not sure Fiverr is interested in FAQs for the sake of them, though. It would be a very arbitrary criterion by which to rank Gigs. 🤨

Gig description is limited to X quantity of characters so, eventually, not everything you would like to say will fit in there.

FAQ is not a metric, it’s a tool intended for clearing doubts or reinforcing statements.

By itself, FAQ won’t serve the purpose of ranking. Nonetheless, as stated by @ahmwritingco, it might indirectly help you in getting sales, what in turn, will help rank your Gig(s) if, and only if, you provide and deliver on-time high-quality service.

Hi, as SEO expert I can say that FAQ is important as much as SEO title, description and tags of your gigs 🙂 So use it with SEO keywords and expect better rankings vs your competitors.

Have you noticed the text in FAQs increasing the rank of gigs on Fiverr (after controlling for the effects of other variables)?

Really if Fiverr is using the FAQ as one of the parameters to rank a gig in search results, it’s not necessarily a good idea for some FAQs. eg. if a seller sometimes gets asked “do/can you do x in this gig” and the seller says they don’t, if they create an FAQ for that (with the answer saying they don’t), that might make the gig get found more easily (show higher in search results when searing for x) when it shouldn’t, because the seller doesn’t do that in that gig.

Have you noticed the text in FAQs increasing the rank of gigs on Fiverr (after controlling for the effects of other variables)?

Really if Fiverr is using the FAQ as one of the parameters to rank a gig in search results, it’s not necessarily a good idea for some FAQs. eg. if a seller sometimes gets asked “do/can you do x in this gig” and the seller says they don’t, if they create an FAQ for that (with the answer saying they don’t), that might make the gig get found more easily (show higher in search results when searing for x) when it shouldn’t, because the seller doesn’t do that in that gig.

Thats how SEO works, it tricky.

Thats how SEO works, it tricky.

But Fiverr doesn’t necessarily incorporate every field in their search engine rank algorithm. And not every field is likely to be as important as another (I’d guess the gig title would be one of the most important).

Surely, unless they’ve documented it somewhere or someone has run an analysis/tests of it, only Fiverr themselves are likely to know exactly what Fiverr’s algorithm for it takes into account and what weights it gives to each parameter.

Remember that algorithme are machines. They are not humans, they do mistakes but humans (I mean fiverr) should do their best to constantly improve them.

But Fiverr doesn’t necessarily incorporate every field in their search engine rank algorithm. And not every field is likely to be as important as another (I’d guess the gig title would be one of the most important).

Surely, unless they’ve documented it somewhere or someone has run an analysis/tests of it, only Fiverr themselves are likely to know exactly what Fiverr’s algorithm for it takes into account and what weights it gives to each parameter.

I think that fiverr description should be most important because title is too short and have less keyword which help algorithm to understand.

Anyway, my multiple gigs are on the first page when I’m online and 1 is on second page when I’m offline.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, tadas_puleikis said:

I think that fiverr description should be most important because title is too short and have less keyword which help algorithm to understand.

Though I still think Fiverr will likely give more importance to words in the title as that should be what the gig is about (more important than the same word from the title appearing just somewhere in the gig description. Though like it says below it will be best for them to be consistent/in both I think).

This is something Fiverr says about it:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/seo-tricks-for-gig-titles

Using a consistent keyword in your Gig title, description and tags will help improve your search ranking on Fiverr

They don’t mention the FAQ there though. 

On 7/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, uk1000 said:

So FAQ’s should be non indexed, only to provide information to client.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:21 PM, uk1000 said:

Though I still think Fiverr will likely give more importance to words in the title as that should be what the gig is about (more important than the same word from the title appearing just somewhere in the gig description. Though like it says below it will be best for them to be consistent/in both I think).

This is something Fiverr says about it:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/seo-tricks-for-gig-titles

They don’t mention the FAQ there though.

Yes, they don’t but i think it does use SEO anyway. This is my opinion. I use title keywords consistently in my below texts. 🙂

• 2 years later...
25 minutes ago, digitalbolt said:

What are the FAQs of Fiverr?

I'm assuming you're referring to the Gig FAQ that's on each gig page. 

I don't really know if it affects your gig ranking (SEO optimization) at all. What it does affect is the number of stupid questions you might get in your inbox, because it allows you to answer your buyers before they spend your time asking. It's also nice to have something to fall back on. "Like it says in my FAQ, I don't offer X, because of Z". 

So you should be using it. But it should be used for real questions that you get often: think about which questions are the most common you get from new buyers. 

So, it doesn't really matter that much if has a role in your gig ranking; your goal with the entire gig should be to help your buyers solve a problem. The FAQ is part of that. 

40 minutes ago, smashradio said:

So, it doesn't really matter that much if has a role in your gig ranking; your goal with the entire gig should be to help your buyers solve a problem. The FAQ is part of that. 

It just struck me that 99% of the questions on the forum are "How do I get on first page", "How do I get sales", "How do I rank gig". Almost never, "How do I provide the best service", "How do I beat my competitors on quality", "How do create raving fans"?  The focus is opposite from where it should be as it is coming from a "how do i get money" viewpoint instead of "how can I be great at what I do" perspective. Take care of the latter and the former will take care of itself.

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

It just struck me that 99% of the questions on the forum are "How do I get on first page", "How do I get sales", "How do I rank gig". Almost never, "How do I provide the bset service", "How do I beat my competitors on quality", "How do create raving fans"?  The focus is opposite from where it should be as it is coming from a "how do i get money" viewpoint instead of "how can I be great at what I do" perspective. 

Indeed. 

Whenever I write a guide of some sort, I focus on stuff that can help you improve the level of service you provide (except my ranking guide, because ranking is important, too!)

But it's frustrating to see. I read all those questions as "how do I win the lottery?", because that's what it's about: doing nothing while getting rich on a chance game. 

There's no strategy.

If I made a guide now called "Secret trick to be top ranking best seller TODAY!" everyone would click it, read it, and say "thank you best tip for new seller". 

If I write a guide about how to take time off to learn new things, 3 people will read it, and those are the ones who already know how to do it. 

7 minutes ago, newsmike said:

It just struck me that 99% of the questions on the forum are "How do I get on first page", "How do I get sales", "How do I rank gig". Almost never, "How do I provide the best service", "How do I beat my competitors on quality", "How do create raving fans"?  The focus is opposite from where it should be as it is coming from a "how do i get money" viewpoint instead of "how can I be great at what I do" perspective. Take care of the latter and the former will take care of itself.

Excellent Mike!

8 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Indeed. 

Whenever I write a guide of some sort, I focus on stuff that can help you improve the level of service you provide (except my ranking guide, because ranking is important, too!)

But it's frustrating to see. I read all those questions as "how do I win the lottery?", because that's what it's about: doing nothing while getting rich on a chance game. 

There's no strategy.

If I made a guide now called "Secret trick to be top ranking best seller TODAY!" everyone would click it, read it, and say "thank you best tip for new seller". 

If I write a guide about how to take time off to learn new things, 3 people will read it, and those are the ones who already know how to do it. 

So true, there's so much that leads to success, but the two that rank right up there are hard work and patience.

Archived