Does Fiverr care about their customers or the money?

ap0622

It’s been 7 days since I reported a seller for threatening to take down my site if I do not pay directly to Paynoor. I’ve reported the messages, the screenshots of the messages, and his profile. Nothing. I rather leave 150 in escrow or received chocolate tokens than to have the seller receive a swift smell of 1 copper penny.

My problem is why have this happen to someone else? (The sellers don’t make Fiverr money, the buyers do.) CORRECTION: It is about SCAMMERS. Our dreams and goals are put on hold because a company we trust to connect business owners with freelances are not putting the buyers first nor going by their own guidelines they set for us. I’m going to have to find a different site.

Please share your experiences because I’m going to the media outlets with this. This company started in 2010 I’ve been here from the beginning and I’m just appalled at this moment and the past 7 days.

Did you set up a Fiverr order to handle this transaction? If so request to have it canceled, then change the password to your site.

I sent a request on 10/7 around 9:30 am est. The seller is unqualified to do the gig they offer let alone customized orders. I may have sent a cancel request to the seller 40+ times. They threaten to take my site off If I do not pay them in Paynoor. I’ve changed my password before I sent the first cancel request. It’s odd that my users are deleted. Despite sending screenshots and a video showing the poor quality, no response from Fiverr. I do not want to put in another ticket because Fiverr said…

Did you set up a Fiverr order to handle this transaction? If so request to have it canceled, then change the password to your site.

I sent a request 7 days ago.

537461653_ScreenShot2020-10-13at8_28_35AM.thumb.png.f0667decf661bad562e3771e8c56b29d.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.28.35 AM1171×411 43.1 KB
537461653_ScreenShot2020-10-13at8_28_35AM.thumb.png.f0667decf661bad562e3771e8c56b29d.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.28.35 AM1171×411 43.1 KB

I sent a request on 10/7 around 9:30 am est. The seller is unqualified to do the gig they offer let alone customized orders. I may have sent a cancel request to the seller 40+ times. They threaten to take my site off If I do not pay them in Paynoor. I’ve changed my password before I sent the first cancel request. It’s odd that my users are deleted. Despite sending screenshots and a video showing the poor quality, no response from Fiverr. I do not want to put in another ticket because Fiverr said…

:pray:t5: Thanks for posting

Oh my, did you open 6 different tickets for the same problem?

😬 that actually might be the problem. Their responses are already delayed due to pandemic and shortage of staff and opening each new ticket only slows down it even more

Oh my, did you open 6 different tickets for the same problem?

😬 that actually might be the problem. Their responses are already delayed due to pandemic and shortage of staff and opening each new ticket only slows down it even more

Same problem in different categories.

The seller wanted direct payments- To Cancel Order

SELLER IS THREATENING MY SITE- That’s the day he threatened to take down my site and I freaked out

HELLO- Follow-up Because support (Nick) closed :point_up:t5: the one above and I saw them looking into my cancel request but no response.

Why am I unable to send a follow-up? Follow up to HELLO because support (Nick) solved without an explanation.

Seller threaten to take my site down if I don’t pay directly To report the fraud

Illegal Activities To report the fraud

Same problem in different categories.

The seller wanted direct payments- To Cancel Order

SELLER IS THREATENING MY SITE- That’s the day he threatened to take down my site and I freaked out

HELLO- Follow-up Because support (Nick) closed :point_up:t5: the one above and I saw them looking into my cancel request but no response.

Why am I unable to send a follow-up? Follow up to HELLO because support (Nick) solved without an explanation.

Seller threaten to take my site down if I don’t pay directly To report the fraud

Illegal Activities To report the fraud

When you report a TOS violation is shows as a separate ticket each.

Well, not sure why it needs 6 tickets though, that might indeed have slowed down things, respectively cost your tickets some spots in the support queue.

I’d choose the category that covers the worst thing/s (that would be ToS violation for both threatening to take down your site, and demanding direct payment, and whatever else the seller may have done that’s against Tos; that doesn’t need a separate report for every separate ToS violation IMO, should be far better if that’s all under the same ticket, so the same agent can see everything at one glance), and since it’s about the same order # and seller, I’d put all the “minor things” like wanting to cancel and be refunded in there as well, so the same person will look into it and treat it as “one case”, which it is, after all, even if there are different aspects.

I’d assume that ToS violations category has more priority in the support queue too, so it would make sense to use that for your case, especially as the “threatened to take down my site and I freaked out” bit is urgent (but, yes, that’s not something Fiverr can actively do anything against, you should change your password, so the seller won’t have access, for a bit more peace of mind, and Fiverr can take action on their part by suspending the seller).

Personally, I’d close all not so relevant tickets myself now, if any are still open, and just use the most relevant one, and update that 1 ticket with other relevant info regarding that same order and seller that may be spread over the other tickets, so they have anything of importance, and anything you want from them in the same place.

Then, you can either be patient (but remember to change your site’s password if you haven’t yet!), or you can try what apparently some people do, send a direct email to support with the ticket number (the one of the remaining 1 ticket), or tweet them and ask them to look into your case because it’s urgent. I don’t know in how far that will help, because probably everyone says it’s urgent, but probably not everyone contacts them outside of the ticket system, so maybe it can speed things up a little.

A calm tone and an as precise but as short as possible account of things, while not leaving out anything important, and attaching any relevant “proof” (screenshots) should help.

Well, not sure why it needs 6 tickets though, that might indeed have slowed down things, respectively cost your tickets some spots in the support queue.

I’d choose the category that covers the worst thing/s (that would be ToS violation for both threatening to take down your site, and demanding direct payment, and whatever else the seller may have done that’s against Tos; that doesn’t need a separate report for every separate ToS violation IMO, should be far better if that’s all under the same ticket, so the same agent can see everything at one glance), and since it’s about the same order # and seller, I’d put all the “minor things” like wanting to cancel and be refunded in there as well, so the same person will look into it and treat it as “one case”, which it is, after all, even if there are different aspects.

I’d assume that ToS violations category has more priority in the support queue too, so it would make sense to use that for your case, especially as the “threatened to take down my site and I freaked out” bit is urgent (but, yes, that’s not something Fiverr can actively do anything against, you should change your password, so the seller won’t have access, for a bit more peace of mind, and Fiverr can take action on their part by suspending the seller).

Personally, I’d close all not so relevant tickets myself now, if any are still open, and just use the most relevant one, and update that 1 ticket with other relevant info regarding that same order and seller that may be spread over the other tickets, so they have anything of importance, and anything you want from them in the same place.

Then, you can either be patient (but remember to change your site’s password if you haven’t yet!), or you can try what apparently some people do, send a direct email to support with the ticket number (the one of the remaining 1 ticket), or tweet them and ask them to look into your case because it’s urgent. I don’t know in how far that will help, because probably everyone says it’s urgent, but probably not everyone contacts them outside of the ticket system, so maybe it can speed things up a little.

A calm tone and an as precise but as short as possible account of things, while not leaving out anything important, and attaching any relevant “proof” (screenshots) should help.

I don’t think you are following the timeline.

7 days ago I wanted to cancel. (1ticket)

4 Days ago he is threatening my site, I also reported all messages in the inbox using the flag button (1 ticket)

2 Days ago I saw activity from CS and no response so I contacted CS in a follow-up not a request (2 ticket)

Today I reported 2 TOS Violations (2 tickets, 1 each)

I didn’t send 6 tickets to send 6 tickets. I even said I didn’t want to send another request because I didn’t want to lose my spot. But when I saw activity from CS and no response I’m definitely going to question why.

I wasn’t asking Fiverr to help with my website, I know how to handle my site.

The fact that buyers trust and give information to sellers and then to be threatened is unspeakable and is a very serious crime. How do I not know he’s selling my information or put a bug in my site? It goes beyond changing passwords.

Also, I am unable to cancel tickets on my own.

I don’t think you are following the timeline.

7 days ago I wanted to cancel. (1ticket)

4 Days ago he is threatening my site, I also reported all messages in the inbox using the flag button (1 ticket)

2 Days ago I saw activity from CS and no response so I contacted CS in a follow-up not a request (2 ticket)

Today I reported 2 TOS Violations (2 tickets, 1 each)

I didn’t send 6 tickets to send 6 tickets. I even said I didn’t want to send another request because I didn’t want to lose my spot. But when I saw activity from CS and no response I’m definitely going to question why.

I wasn’t asking Fiverr to help with my website, I know how to handle my site.

The fact that buyers trust and give information to sellers and then to be threatened is unspeakable and is a very serious crime. How do I not know he’s selling my information or put a bug in my site? It goes beyond changing passwords.

Yes. Well, that were exactly my points, Fiverr can only but can do something about the seller, for example, ban them for their ToS violations, and it’s better to simply stick to 1 ticket and add to that, instead of opening new tickets; and since you don’t know what the seller can do or did do, there’s not much you yourself can do apart from changing your password, you also didn’t reply to the seller who suggested it, so we had no way of knowing if you had or not, there are people who don’t even think of that if they are in panic.

Anyway, do what you think is best. Good luck.

I’ve always been able to close tickets on my own, once I was satisfied with the solution, or it wasn’t relevant anymore, maybe you missed the option.

It’s been 7 days since I reported a seller for threatening to take down my site if I do not pay directly to Paynoor. I’ve reported the messages, the screenshots of the messages, and his profile. Nothing. I rather leave 150 in escrow or received chocolate tokens than to have the seller receive a swift smell of 1 copper penny.

My problem is why have this happen to someone else? (The sellers don’t make Fiverr money, the buyers do.) CORRECTION: It is about SCAMMERS. Our dreams and goals are put on hold because a company we trust to connect business owners with freelances are not putting the buyers first nor going by their own guidelines they set for us. I’m going to have to find a different site.

Please share your experiences because I’m going to the media outlets with this. This company started in 2010 I’ve been here from the beginning and I’m just appalled at this moment and the past 7 days.

The sellers don’t make Fiverr money, the buyers do.

This is absolute BS. Ultimately both make Fiverr money, but if anything, sellers make the money, because sellers produce the product that is for sale, and on which Fiverr takes commission. Money comes from production, and the sellers are the ones actually producing something. If there were no sellers, Fiverr would make 0 because it would have nothing to sell. That sentence alone was incredibly disrespectful.

This is absolute BS. Ultimately both make Fiverr money, but if anything, sellers make the money, because sellers produce the product that is for sale, and on which Fiverr takes commission. Money comes from production, and the sellers are the ones actually producing something. If there were no sellers, Fiverr would make 0 because it would have nothing to sell. That sentence alone was incredibly disrespectful.

The monies placed on the website come from the buyers, not sellers. Yes, sellers provide the service and Fiverr provides the platform. But to keep monies coming in you have to protect the BUYER. I’ll be an entitled POS thank you very much and I hope you will be a billionaire one day. 😘

Yes. Well, that were exactly my points, Fiverr can only but can do something about the seller, for example, ban them for their ToS violations, and it’s better to simply stick to 1 ticket and add to that, instead of opening new tickets; and since you don’t know what the seller can do or did do, there’s not much you yourself can do apart from changing your password, you also didn’t reply to the seller who suggested it, so we had no way of knowing if you had or not, there are people who don’t even think of that if they are in panic.

Anyway, do what you think is best. Good luck.

I’ve always been able to close tickets on my own, once I was satisfied with the solution, or it wasn’t relevant anymore, maybe you missed the option.

I just want this guy off the platform so he doesm’t scam or abuse anyone else.

The monies placed on the website come from the buyers, not sellers. Yes, sellers provide the service and Fiverr provides the platform. But to keep monies coming in you have to protect the BUYER. I’ll be an entitled POS thank you very much and I hope you will be a billionaire one day. 😘

You have to protect both, or to put it better, it has to be fair to both. It can’t be buyer centric or seller centric - both buyers and sellers can abuse the platform, and both buyers and sellers are fiverr’s customers, in a way. There are a ton of buyers getting away with chargebacks, getting work done for nothing, etc. And there are tons of scummy sellers as well. But saying buyers are more important, or they are the only ones who allow the platform to function and make money is disingenuous at best.

You can’t just piss off all the buyers - the platform wouldn’t sell.

You can’t just piss off all the sellers - the platform wouldn’t sell.

As to that guy, if he infringed TOS (which asking for payment outside the platform is), he will eventually be banned when you report him with proof. CS is taking a long time now, unfortunately. Just wait for it.

And to finalize, if anything, Fiverr is already buyer centric. If a buyer breaks terms of service, nothing major happens to them - the most it can happen is they get banned, but that’s no biggie, buyer accounts are worthless, they can just create a new one in 5 minutes. If a seller breaks terms of service, they get banned and lose all their gigs, reviews, levels, etc. And that can take years to recover, even if they are able to make a new account.

I’m totally on your side when it comes to your conflict with the seller. He broke the ToS and it most likely seems like a scam. You need to be refunded and this guy needs to leave the platform. However, to protect your site you’ll have to take personal action, not fiverr. As suggested you may want to change your passwords to make sure he won’t have any more access to your dashboard. That’s something fiverr can’t help you with at all. So I guess when you are talking about “freaking out”, you do mean that you want the seller to be reported/gone and you want a refund. I can assure you, fiverr protects their buyers - most of the time even too much, as a lot of us sellers have made experiences with being scammed, harassed and insulted too. Some of these buyers are still active today due to their “top buyer” status. Fiverr is blind on that eye. Some of them got their money back and still used the product they now achieved for free. In your case the seller violated the terms of service, fiverr is very strict when it comes to that. And as long as you don’t complete the order manually he won’t get any of your money. But what I can also assure you, is that opening up to 6 tickets for the same order dispute (even though for different reasons) is not helpful at all - more the other way around. It’s also not helpful to create multiple threads in the forum; we’re mostly sellers, we can do nothing when it comes to your dispute. And since you don’t seem to be interested in our suggestions, I don’t know what else you might want to hear from us?

Stay calm, be patient. Don’t accept anything, stop communicating with the seller and wait for the CS team to get back to you. If possible, proceed with only one ticket in which you can write down a summary of all what happened.

Actually sellers are the ones that make Fiverr money. You can’t throw money towards Fiverr, you need a seller to provide a service in order for Fiverr to make money. So… sellers make Fiverr money, and the money come from Buyers.

Hello Ap062,

I do understand your frustration and I can see the tickets all I have to say just have to wait bcz Fiverr Cs is not active like they before I think because of the recent updates and stuff and covid,Just be little more patient and wait I opened up a case 14 days ago and yesterday they replied and gave a positive comment on my case and they would do the same for you.

Archived