Does Fiverr confirm that service providers can actually provide the service they claim they can?

cdperry

It has been odd dealing with a few service providers. The service we are looking for is for someone to post a marketing message to “my 23,000 followers on …”, as an example.

We asked 6 providers of this service, and only 2 were willing to provide screen shots that proved they had the number of connections they advertise.

Should Fiverr not have some simple verification process to prove these people just won’t take my money and run (again)?

It has been odd dealing with a few service providers. The service we are looking for is for someone to post a marketing message to “my 23,000 followers on …”, as an example.

We asked 6 providers of this service, and only 2 were willing to provide screen shots that proved they had the number of connections they advertise.

Should Fiverr not have some simple verification process to prove these people just won’t take my money and run (again)?

No, they don’t need to do this. Because such service providers doesn’t work TO fiverr company. Fiverr is just a platform that sellers (service providers) can offer and display their work.

Also, this is the reason that is so important the rating system. So you can have an idea about their quality, based on previous buyer’s experiences.

It’s a little risky, but it’s like any other online order you do. You can’t be 100% sure like a physical/personal dealing.

By the way, if you see that the seller didn’t provided the service they claimed, you can request a cancellation and refund. But it can only be done if the sellers DIDN’T PROVIDED the service they claimed. If they provided what they claimed but with a lower quality, you won’t be able to get a refund.

Archived