Does Fiverr count as an extracurricular activity?

t2wavey

Hey sirs/madams,
I am very determined into getting into prestigious colleges such as Harvard, Yale… The Ivy League or colleges in my own country such as Oxford and Cambridge University.
One of the most important factors which can determine whether you get into prestigious schools like these is Extracurricular activities.
A form of extracurricular activity is voluntary work.

So I just wanted to ask does Fiverr count as voluntary work/an extracurricular activity?

(P.S, I know just having this alone won’t be enough, I do other extracurricular activities too 😄 )

Thank you.

I see where you are going with this…

However, Fiverr is a platform designed to match freelance Sellers with Buyers.

There’s nothing FREE or voluntary involved.

Unless you have a skill to market and become a Seller - and make some extra pocket change - this would not be much of an extracurricular activity in the way you are hoping to use it.

Hey sirs/madams,

I am very determined into getting into prestigious colleges such as Harvard, Yale… The Ivy League or colleges in my own country such as Oxford and Cambridge University.

One of the most important factors which can determine whether you get into prestigious schools like these is Extracurricular activities.

So I just wanted to ask does Fiverr count as voluntary work/an extracurricular activity?

(P.S, I know just having this alone won’t be enough, I do other extracurricular activities too 😄 )

Thank you.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Hey sirs/madams,

Thank you.

In my opinion, it doesn’t count as voluntary work because you’re actually making money. It could count as an extracurricular activity because it’s something that you do outside of your school learning.

If I made lots of money on Fiverr and wanted to put Fiverr on my college application, I’d probably put it in the achievements section! I hope this helps!

Fiverr freelancing work would go under job history. Not extracurricular, which is more about self- and societal-education and -improvement.

I will admit, one of the reasons I originally considered applying for a mod-role here on the forums over a year ago, was the fringe-benefit of being able to put something like that on a resume, because that is for sure high-respect voluntary work. (My appreciation to the mods, as always!)

In my opinion, it doesn’t count as voluntary work because you’re actually making money. It could count as an extracurricular activity because it’s something that you do outside of your school learning.

If I made lots of money on Fiverr and wanted to put Fiverr on my college application, I’d probably put it in the achievements section! I hope this helps!

Yes, thank a lot

Extracurricular activity but not voluntary

I get it now, thx

Archived