Does fiverr use PayPal Credit for payments?

fiverjohn

Question

Hi,

I’ve just ordered $84.00 of gigs and used PayPal to pay for it, however, instead of using my default PayPal payment method which is PayPal’s Credit PayPal put the charge to my bank account and caused me an overdraft fee of $36.00!

This really upsets me and I would like to know what fiverr’s payment methods are?

I’ve contacted PayPal and they say it may be fiverr’s policy not to accept PayPal Credit and that they can’t do anything to help me. So, I’m here trying to find out what’s up.

Since you can’t contact fiverr directly (I haven’t found a way) I have to ask here.

So, does anyone know if fiverr accepts PayPal Credit or not?

John

7 answers to this question

I don’t know about your specific question but Customer Support definitely exists and replies if you give it some time. If you are on Twitter I’ve also found success for simple questions by following Fiverr Support on Twitter and asking right there. The support page is: http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us//p6.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/38806/1752/1980X350_1.jpg

Fiverr Customer Support

http://support.fiverr.com

@fiverjohn

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. from personal experience, paypal credit is accepted by anyone who allows paypal payments. It is an option on paypals side and no direct seller (business) can choose that for you. When you make a purchase its YOUR decision in how its paid with paypal.

I also buy on fiverr and use paypal credit for everything I do and never have to worry otherwise.

It might be because I linked my paypal account and my paypal credit account?

Below is copied direct from Paypals FAQ

From Paypal FAQ’s

1. How do I select PayPal Credit as my payment source?

There are two ways to choose PayPal Credit. Some merchants have a PayPal Credit option at checkout. If they do, you can simply choose that option. If you don’t see a PayPal Credit option, check out with PayPal, and then you’ll have the option to select PayPal Credit as your payment method. Either way a window will appear on your screen where you’ll provide your date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number, and then agree to the terms and conditions. Approval takes just seconds and you can complete your purchase.

2. Why should I link my PayPal Credit and PayPal accounts?

Linking your accounts means you’ll be able to use PayPal Credit at most places PayPal is accepted. You can also get six months to pay for your purchases of $99 or more through PayPal Credit - and you could score deals such as free shipping, valuable discounts and promotional offers! By linking, you can also easily manage both accounts—pay your bill, view recent activity, set payment reminders, and much more at PayPal.com.

3. Can I use PayPal Credit to send money?

Yes! You can now send money with PayPal Credit. It’s easy—simply log in to PayPal.com and select the Send Money tab. Enter the recipient’s email address or phone number, amount, and transaction type. Click Change to select PayPal Credit as your payment method, then confirm your payment details. Your transaction will appear on your monthly PayPal Credit statement. When you use PayPal Credit to send money, a flat fee of 2.9% + $.30 US dollars (USD) per transaction is included in your payment total. This is the same fee you pay when you use a debit or credit card to send money through PayPal. This feature is not available on mobile devices.

Actually I have had this happen to me on another site one time. I have a line of credit with Paypal set up as my default, but occassionally will buy from a site that does not allow Paypal credit, even though they take paypal.

I found out about this a few years back when I wanted to use paypal to buy an airline ticket and could not…Google 'do airlines accept paypal" and read some of the FAQ, they are very specific in stating when using paypal it can be with your paypal balance, credit card or bank account only. This was just a few years ago, so it may hav changed now, but I know that is is an issue. Just take notice on the example of Paypal’s FAQ someone posted above - it says “you’ll be able to use PayPal Credit at MOST places PayPal is accepted.” They also state in another question on their site of FAQ, that you can use it on eBay but give exclusions to certain categories like adult, digital goods, etc.

But I have successfully used paypal line of credit on Fiverr so I am wondering how big your credit limit is? How much did you get approved for when you first signed up for the Credit? Have you checked your monthly credit statements lately? Did you make a purchase anywhere else around the same time so that it put yo over the spending limit? Once you are over your limit or there are not enough funds to fund it, the default when is to pull it from your backup funding sources in your paypal account, bank or another credit card.

Archived