Fiverr Community Forum

Does following count as an actual revision or not?(color correction)

Does a requested color CORRECTION (not change, correction) count as a revision?

FAKE Example:

ME: Hello, I would like a reduced color Glalie with green eyes

Artist delivers his order:

(I used a Pokemon as an example because it makes my problem hopefully more clear)

Thanks everyone if you help me. And the predicament is currently only on color correction.

1 Like
ToS copy/paste
  • Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

I bolded the section in the above.

Revisions are how the seller defines them. If the seller has not defined what does and does not count as a revision, Fiverr tends to favor the buyer. The polite thing for the buyer to do is ask in this case, but it’s up to the seller to set boundaries.

1 Like

Yes. I have a note in my FAQ about what constitutes a revision.

Otherwise, I know from hard experience that people will mistake revision for rework. Having people read and understand that is harder but at least it is there and legally any reasonable person should have taken that into account. Now we just need to find a reasonable person on the internet lol

Changing the color of the eyes is a revision (more often than not). Changing the Pokeperson into an Orc With Fairy Wings is a rework as it is a whole new drawing.

If the Brief stated green eyes but red eyes were delivered, that is a fix therefore none of the above seeing the target was clear yet missed. Fixes should be without count (preferably none but we all make miksteaks).

If I know (or find) that red eyes are a bad idea, I would either a) advise early, b) include another alternate version with the eyes as I think they need to be to serve the Story (not my ego), or c) simply let them have what they want (this latter being very hard for me as I believe I am there to help tell the story not flatter the ego of the buyer seeing the story well told should be the real aim of the buyer).

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your explanation, it makes a lot of sense.