Does it allowed to ask buyer compate the order?!

gm_production

You can remind them to accept the order, but that’s about it. No guarantee they’ll actually do it, some just log out until they need to buy something again.

This is my loyal customer. 🙂 Last time she did not complete 2 orders, so I think if she will make it now, will be good for me. Main things what I am interesting for is that if this is not against TOS

This is my loyal customer. 🙂 Last time she did not complete 2 orders, so I think if she will make it now, will be good for me. Main things what I am interesting for is that if this is not against TOS

No, it is not against terms of service to ask someone to complete an order, you just can’t ask them to leave you a positive review.

@gm_production

I would strongly advise not to ask/remind your buyer to complete orders, it could get you into serious trouble.

Orders being completed, whether by the buyer or by Fiverr itself, has no difference.

Just like with reviews, it is a buyer’s prerogative to mark the order as complete.

@gm_production

I would strongly advise not to ask/remind your buyer to complete orders, it could get you into serious trouble.

Orders being completed, whether by the buyer or by Fiverr itself, has no difference.

Just like with reviews, it is a buyer’s prerogative to mark the order as complete.

Why would it get you into “serious trouble”? You aren’t doing anything wrong by giving someone a reminder. As I said, it’s only wrong if you’re asking them to leave you a positive review - at that point yes, you would be at risk of getting into trouble.

I kinda agree with what @maitasun said. Why remind your buyer when it almost makes no difference. Even if the buyer just leaves the order “in limbo,” the order is going to automatically get marked as complete in 3 days’ time.

There’s also no knowing how the buyer is going to interpret this “reminder.” Some buyers might take it the wrong way and assume that the seller is trying to get them to mark the order as complete even as they are dealing with a not-so-impressive product/service (just as an example) from the seller in question.

I kinda agree with what @maitasun said. Why remind your buyer when it almost makes no difference. Even if the buyer just leaves the order “in limbo,” the order is going to automatically get marked as complete in 3 days’ time.

There’s also no knowing how the buyer is going to interpret this “reminder.” Some buyers might take it the wrong way and assume that the seller is trying to get them to mark the order as complete even as they are dealing with a not-so-impressive product/service (just as an example) from the seller in question.

My case was that this is my loyal castumer, I have made for her several orders already and she is very sutisfied with my work. Thats all 🙂

So, which is correct unswer? 🙂

So, which is correct unswer

If I were you, I wouldn’t ask my buyer (no matter how “loyal” they are) to mark the order as complete. Even if your buyer doesn’t take any initiative to close the order, the order will be marked as complete in 3 days’ time anyway. So, just let it be. 🙂

So, which is correct unswer

If I were you, I wouldn’t ask my buyer (no matter how “loyal” they are) to mark the order as complete. Even if your buyer doesn’t take any initiative to close the order, the order will be marked as complete in 3 days’ time anyway. So, just let it be. 🙂

And I would add to @hanshuber16 comment, that it only takes 1 buyer to report you to get you a warning.

That’s not true. A buyer can report you and that doesn’t mean you get a warning unless you did something wrong. If you say “If you are happy with the results and don’t need any further revisions, you can go ahead and mark the order as complete”, there’s really no logic behind getting a warning for that.

There’s no way a buyer would report you for that either unless he is extremely shady and trying to pull something off.

I suggest anyone doing this first clears it with customer support to avoid any possible problems.

The meaning of “doing something wrong” is not spelled out anywhere, in some cases. You can get warnings for things that are not in the terms of service.

If you are in doubt about something it’s best not to do it.

I am always so happy when people throw stones to others and end up answering to themselves… :roll_eyes:

As I said, even if you get a shady buyer trying to pull it off, you won’t get a warning for saying what I wrote above. You are not breaking any terms of service. I also wasn’t throwing any stones, don’t need to get defensive. Follow the rules, play fair, but stand your ground. You shouldn’t be afraid if you aren’t doing anything wrong. Saying “it only takes a buyer to report you to get a warning” means anyone can get you a warning for any reason they want, even if they make it up. You can’t control if you are reported unfairly or not. It only takes a buyer to report you to get a warning if and only if you are doing something wrong.

Are you implying that if I get reported for saying “if you are happy with the delivery and don’t need any further revisions feel free to close the order” I will get a warning from CS? Because that doesn’t reflect very well on them, to be honest.

I am a seller and a buyer on Fiverr. So I wear two hats. 🎩

I have clients who have sent me tens of orders, yet I would never ever suggest the complete the order. I would feel bossy or pushy by doing so. I think it is impolite.

As a buyer, I would not like any seller to suggest I complete an order. It would make me reconsider if I would want to hire them ever again. Also, if the buyer contacted me beyond the initial delivery, I would report them as sending spam! 🤨

• Alex.M locked this topic

Archived