Does Lower profile ratings effect Getting New orders! PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

carolina_mateus

Well. this is only my personal opinion and based on my Experience!

when i started working on fiverr . 1st few months my rating was 99% ! and was getting avg 2 to 3 work everyday!
then i had an accident and could not continue my work in fiverr, and also did not put my account in vacation mode.
and when i back again after 1 and half month , i saw 15/16 orders that got cancelled cause could not deliver on time . and all 1 star review! people who does not know., if you did not deliver the design in time and buyer request to the fiverr to cancel the order, it automatically marked as a 1 star review, and the result is my ratings dropped down to 94%

And we all know its maybe very easy to get 5 star, but recovering bad ratings its very hard , need lots of positive reviews to make your ratings better

But. i had some previous good work in my gig profile. so when i back to the work again. people asking me . if i am available to work, they saw lots of cancelled order, then i explain them in shortly what happened, and if you talk with people nicely , i think everyone understand that, and i started getting order again from the same day

i just change the delivery from 3 days to 1 day. and drop down my all gig price almost in half. i was badly trying to recover those ratings . and i think reducing the price and delivery time helps to attract more buyers. not sure for other people , but it did work for me

within 2 month my account started rolling even better then before. and guess what I did again, i increase the price. and make delivery date 5 to 6 days. cause i was getting that much order, for me was bit hard to maintain all work in one day!

But my ratings was just 95%. i may be finished 150+ work with 5 star. but very disappointing when you dont know when your rating going to the next level. then i make a calculation, how to figure out my ratings, now i know how much review i need if i want see my ratings from 95 to 96%. maybe its not the correct way. but works for me and always accurate

suppose you have total 116 reviews. 8 neg and 108 positive
so calculation will be
Neg review/positive reviewx100 = result
then 100- result = your rating

so if neg 8 and positive 108

8/108= 0.075x100= 7.4
100% - 7.4% = 92.6% (but when your rating pass 92.5 it will be 93) so every .5 count as next percentage

i know math does not help to make your rating better. but when you know the goal, or how many reviews you need.
mentally i feel better! otherwise doing lots of work, getting lots of good review, but not changing the ratings is frustrating!

Thanks For reading 🙂

Archived