Does Response Time affect your gig?

logocomposer

I don’t know it doesn’t seem to be affecting my gig that much. My gig is fairly new, but my response time is 21 hours, because i check my messages and send update to my Buyers once or twice a day. The rest of the day I’m working on my orders. I’ve got good reviews and it doesn’t stop my ranking from going up, even if like I said it’s new so it’s not very high to start with. It didn’t stop me from getting orders too. Let’s be realistic here, it’s an international web site, people live in different time zones. I can’t stay up 24/7 in case I receive a message at 2 am. I need to sleep too, I’m not a robot.

Maybe it’s affecting my gig more than I think, but I choose not to care. I offer a really great service, quality work and deliver it fast. I offer basic free revision and so far never had a client make me do one, because they say the work I send them is perfect and exactly what they wanted. Everybody is satisfied, so why should I worry about some obscure stat, that means nothing about the quality of my gig and the quality of my work? I’ve seen plenty of seller that always respond within one hour, but deliver subpar services. The response time means nothing.

• Like 6

I don’t know it doesn’t seem to be affecting my gig that much. My gig is fairly new, but my response time is 21 hours, because i check my messages and send update to my Buyers once or twice a day. The rest of the day I’m working on my orders. I’ve got good reviews and it doesn’t stop my ranking from going up, even if like I said it’s new so it’s not very high to start with. It didn’t stop me from getting orders too. Let’s be realistic here, it’s an international web site, people live in different time zones. I can’t stay up 24/7 in case I receive a message at 2 am. I need to sleep too, I’m not a robot.

Maybe it’s affecting my gig more than I think, but I choose not to care. I offer a really great service, quality work and deliver it fast. I offer basic free revision and so far never had a client make me do one, because they say the work I send them is perfect and exactly what they wanted. Everybody is satisfied, so why should I worry about some obscure stat, that means nothing about the quality of my gig and the quality of my work? I’ve seen plenty of seller that always respond within one hour, but deliver subpar services. The response time means nothing.

But it happen with me before when my response time in 1 hours my gig improvement i feel and see but recently one of my new buyer send me a request but that time i was out of network and after i replied him may be after 15 hours but i completed this tusks with good review and i see my response time red sine and than my gig improvement going down so, end of the day i fixed the issue i happened to me.

• Like 4

But it happen with me before when my response time in 1 hours my gig improvement i feel and see but recently one of my new buyer send me a request but that time i was out of network and after i replied him may be after 15 hours but i completed this tusks with good review and i see my response time red sine and than my gig improvement going down so, end of the day i fixed the issue i happened to me.

I mean impression seems to have a weird way of working. I just went to check my gig and my impression went up compare to yesterday and I have no idea of why. As far as I know I didn’t do anything yesterday for it to go up.

Same with the Response time, The other day I got a new message for an order and happened to be online. I answered within 2 minutes, but my response time is still 21h according to Fiverr. So yeah, at this point I just don’t pay attention to it, Fiverr works in mysterious ways, lol.

• Like 4

@zreine I can see only 2 reviews on your profile. I could not understand why you said response rate is not important. You created your profile 4 months ago and 2 reviews and 1 order in queue. It says you are new member in fiverr. Response rate is very important to gig ranking. There are so many gigs related to each niche, so clients won’t wait for your late replies and will go to others. All of fiverr documents, tutorials and lectures say that response rate is important. You should not spread wrong information to newbies here.

• Like 5

@zreine I can see only 2 reviews on your profile. I could not understand why you said response rate is not important. You created your profile 4 months ago and 2 reviews and 1 order in queue. It says you are new member in fiverr. Response rate is very important to gig ranking. There are so many gigs related to each niche, so clients won’t wait for your late replies and will go to others. All of fiverr documents, tutorials and lectures say that response rate is important. You should not spread wrong information to newbies here.

My account was created 4 month ago, but I only started my first gig around 2 weeks ago and got my first order 3 days after starting my gig. Before that I was just lurking around, not being active as a seller or a buyer. The order I have in queue is a big order of 8 drawings. I’ve got another Buyer who’s suppose to contact me this weekend for 4 more orders. That buyer ordered from me before, but cannot order now because of health issue. So for a gig that have only been active for about two weeks I think that’s pretty good!

• Like 4

My account was created 4 month ago, but I only started my first gig around 2 weeks ago and got my first order 3 days after starting my gig. Before that I was just lurking around, not being active as a seller or a buyer. The order I have in queue is a big order of 8 drawings. I’ve got another Buyer who’s suppose to contact me this weekend for 4 more orders. That buyer ordered from me before, but cannot order now because of health issue. So for a gig that have only been active for about two weeks I think that’s pretty good!

That was because your niche met Halloween day. I don’t want to argue with you but that is just your case. Fiverr says response rate is important.

• Like 2

That was because your niche met Halloween day. I don’t want to argue with you but that is just your case. Fiverr says response rate is important.

None of my orders have anything to do with Halloween. But think what you want, I’m just sharing my personnel experience. You can take it or leave it. I’m not forcing anyone to do what I do. Like I said if it does have an negative impact, for me it’s not bad enough to worry about it. I’d rather focus about delivering on time and getting good reviews. To be clear I’m not talking about extremes like seller responding weeks later to messages. I do my best to respond as soon as I see the message, but I’m not going to put my health at risk and my life on the side to fit Fiverr’s ridiculous standards of the “less than one hour response” on a platform where buyers can message you at 3am.

But in the end, if for you the negatives impact has been really bad, and you are willing to do that, then you do you. It’s just not my case here.

• Like 3

None of my orders have anything to do with Halloween. But think what you want, I’m just sharing my personnel experience. You can take it or leave it. I’m not forcing anyone to do what I do. Like I said if it does have an negative impact, for me it’s not bad enough to worry about it. I’d rather focus about delivering on time and getting good reviews. To be clear I’m not talking about extremes like seller responding weeks later to messages. I do my best to respond as soon as I see the message, but I’m not going to put my health at risk and my life on the side to fit Fiverr’s ridiculous standards of the “less than one hour response” on a platform where buyers can message you at 3am.

But in the end, if for you the negatives impact has been really bad, and you are willing to do that, then you do you. It’s just not my case here.

You are right, You said your opinion and it’s free for everybody. However I just don’t want many new comers have wrong information. They want to receive more orders and want to succeed on fiverr. That’s why I replied to your post.

Fiverr is not just for only sellers. Fiverr is also trying to give buyers the best experience. If buyers requests are not handled quickly, they will spend their time and won’t get solution. So Fiverr would be trying to bring buyers to faster sellers. That is reason why quicker gigs reveal on the first pages. Of course that is not absolutely consistency. To give opportunities to new sellers, the ranking algorithm has fussier parameters.

And Fiverr does not force your health risk.

Fiverr provides some convenient functions to make response rate.

For example, when you are not available, you can turn on ‘Out of Office’ option on your profile page.

image.png.a73016afd84c69cda4ec29e284977eca.png

If you reply to first request of clients, the response rate does not go down.

So if you are busy and could not read/understand/reply to client’s requests, you can send template message to him using ‘Quick Response’ function on the next to the Emoji button.

image.png.70830041d655642914999aadcc62d7c4.png

For example you can define template message like this,

“Thank you for reaching out to me. I will review your request in more detail and get back to you ASAP. Thank you.”

I hope this post will help you guys.

• Like 3

You are right, You said your opinion and it’s free for everybody. However I just don’t want many new comers have wrong information. They want to receive more orders and want to succeed on fiverr. That’s why I replied to your post.

Fiverr is not just for only sellers. Fiverr is also trying to give buyers the best experience. If buyers requests are not handled quickly, they will spend their time and won’t get solution. So Fiverr would be trying to bring buyers to faster sellers. That is reason why quicker gigs reveal on the first pages. Of course that is not absolutely consistency. To give opportunities to new sellers, the ranking algorithm has fussier parameters.

And Fiverr does not force your health risk.

Fiverr provides some convenient functions to make response rate.

For example, when you are not available, you can turn on ‘Out of Office’ option on your profile page.

If you reply to first request of clients, the response rate does not go down.

So if you are busy and could not read/understand/reply to client’s requests, you can send template message to him using ‘Quick Response’ function on the next to the Emoji button.

For example you can define template message like this,

“Thank you for reaching out to me. I will review your request in more detail and get back to you ASAP. Thank you.”

I hope this post will help you guys.

Well, thank you! :star_struck: I wasn’t aware of that. That’s actually very helpful to know. If I can use that to solve the issue without wasting time to refresh the page every hour, than you can be sure I’ll use it!

• Like 3

Well, thank you! :star_struck: I wasn’t aware of that. That’s actually very helpful to know. If I can use that to solve the issue without wasting time to refresh the page every hour, than you can be sure I’ll use it!

Thank you for understanding me. 😁

You can configure emailing settings, Then whenever new message comes, it emails to you. If you are active on the fiverr page, it won’t send any email.

image.png.4f73b47c626c531aaad5af660bfb6c9b.png
image956×540 26.8 KB

Also you can install fiverr app on your mobile device, it will also notify every events. 😆

Good luck

• Like 4

Thank you for understanding me. 😁

You can configure emailing settings, Then whenever new message comes, it emails to you. If you are active on the fiverr page, it won’t send any email.

Also you can install fiverr app on your mobile device, it will also notify every events. 😆

Good luck

Thanks guys it was nice to spend here with you :smile especially thanks @kanggyong1 , @zreine. Lovely Forum 😍

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, logocomposer said:

How did u fix it

• Like 2