Does staying online all the time help in getting order?

bigbrains

Hey hope you’re doing well. Staying active is a positive thing for anybody and there’s a possibility to increase your response time and average response. So it doesn’t mean that you have to active for 24 hours to get more order. Yes you need to activate at least 12 to 13 hours on an average based on your GMT. You will get enough orders if your response rate is good enough. Because everybody is busy here, they want fast and sooner guy. So the fast youre the better you are. Hope it’s helps you.

• Like 3

Hey hope you’re doing well. Staying active is a positive thing for anybody and there’s a possibility to increase your response time and average response. So it doesn’t mean that you have to active for 24 hours to get more order. Yes you need to activate at least 12 to 13 hours on an average based on your GMT. You will get enough orders if your response rate is good enough. Because everybody is busy here, they want fast and sooner guy. So the fast youre the better you are. Hope it’s helps you.

activate at least 12 to 13

That’s ridiculous! No one should ever be on Fiverr for 13 hrs a day. People will not order from someone with a below average gig just because they are online. I get on Fiverr when I receive a message, receive an order, deliver an order, or check the forum. People should really take their free time to better themselves. Read a book about freelancing, invest in the stock market, watch a video about penguins, meditate, do anything but sit in front of a screen for 13 hrs.

No offense, but your crazy advice doesn’t seem to be working for. You haven’t receive a single rating yet and your response time is 13 hours. Instead of being on Fiverr for 13 hours, do something more productive that will help further your freelance career. Good luck.

• Like 10

yeah.i appreciate with you.

• Like 1

Whenever I see the ‘is being online 24 hours a good idea?’ argument play out on the forums, I always think of an analogy with a bricks-and-mortar business, like a cafe.

Let’s imagine you’ve opened a cafe. You’re in a busy part of town, with lots of other cafes nearby, and people are walking past your cafe each day. The odd person here and there even pops in to ask about your food/offers. But for the most part, you’re just not getting any business. Nobody is coming into your cafe to order food or drinks from you. You’re not making any money, despite being open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Would your first instinct be to say “I know what the problem is - we’re not open 24 hours! If only we were open 24 hours, we’d definitely get loads of business!”?

Being open 24 hours COULD in theory, drive some business. After all, there’s a chance that at 3 in the morning, options are limited, and so people are more likely to choose you because they need something immediately, and they don’t have many choices available. But when you consider that the holy grail of any business is repeat custom, being seen as ‘the only option’ isn’t really a good way to generate that kind of business. You’re being chosen because you’re the only option, rather than because you’re the most suitable option. Plus, if we compare it to Fiverr, let’s assume you’re not the only 24 hour cafe in town anyway… So it’s not really a Unique Selling Point after all.

Contrast that with a cafe that is only open during the hours of 7am to 5pm - but their focus is on amazing, unique food options that really resonate with the local community, delivering exceptional customer service and building a brand that people get excited about.

Which one do you think is more likely to be a great business? Or more to the point, which business strategy do you think is more likely to generate amazing results?

• Like 8

I barely ever get orders when I am online. In fact, I usually get most orders during the days when I am busy doing other things and spending very little time on Fiverr.

So, I think the new go-to advice should be: Stay OFFLINE 24/7 🙃

• Like 4

Nothing is guaranteed here…I believe so strongly that it all depends on your target buyer… some buyers care about online sellers while others don’t…It all depends on the urgency of the project to be executed…

I agree with your opinion

• Like 1

Whenever I see the ‘is being online 24 hours a good idea?’ argument play out on the forums, I always think of an analogy with a bricks-and-mortar business, like a cafe.

Let’s imagine you’ve opened a cafe. You’re in a busy part of town, with lots of other cafes nearby, and people are walking past your cafe each day. The odd person here and there even pops in to ask about your food/offers. But for the most part, you’re just not getting any business. Nobody is coming into your cafe to order food or drinks from you. You’re not making any money, despite being open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Would your first instinct be to say “I know what the problem is - we’re not open 24 hours! If only we were open 24 hours, we’d definitely get loads of business!”?

Being open 24 hours COULD in theory, drive some business. After all, there’s a chance that at 3 in the morning, options are limited, and so people are more likely to choose you because they need something immediately, and they don’t have many choices available. But when you consider that the holy grail of any business is repeat custom, being seen as ‘the only option’ isn’t really a good way to generate that kind of business. You’re being chosen because you’re the only option, rather than because you’re the most suitable option. Plus, if we compare it to Fiverr, let’s assume you’re not the only 24 hour cafe in town anyway… So it’s not really a Unique Selling Point after all.

Contrast that with a cafe that is only open during the hours of 7am to 5pm - but their focus is on amazing, unique food options that really resonate with the local community, delivering exceptional customer service and building a brand that people get excited about.

Which one do you think is more likely to be a great business? Or more to the point, which business strategy do you think is more likely to generate amazing results?

Nice explanation, I think you can become a great professor. Thank you very much and ya, I would love to open my cafe during breakfast, lunch and dinner time rest I will work on making a better dishes for my visitors

I have made hundreds of sales over the past seven years.

I have never used buyer requests. All my orders happen organically. I am very rarely online on Fiverr - only to respond to messages and to deliver orders. In fact, I am probably showing online for an average of 15 minutes a day.

Around half of my orders come in when I’m asleep.

For everyone who keeps repeating the tired phrase “stay online 24/7” - you are wrong, and you don’t know what you are talking about. It is no coincidence that when you look at the profiles of people who spout this nonsense, they have next to zero sales.

It is also incredibly unhealthy mentally and physically to always be worrying about whether you are showing as online.

• Like 7

Hello

i’ve heard this from many people that staying active and good approaching Gigs can give orders

For every person saying that staying online 24/7 is a good advice, there are 3-4 good sellers saying the contrary.

Drop off this superstition, staying online without working on your gig and niche won’t get you orders.

• Like 6

Also it’s probably better to remove “available 24*7” from any gig description.

I think what mostly matters is that you can respond fast enough to first messages you receive from buyers (eg. no higher than around 2-3 hours average preferably). It will matter less on gigs that don’t really need contact first.

• Like 4

There is a reason that sellers get 24 hours to reply to a new enquiry (without it affecting their statistics). It is physically impossible to be online all the time on the site, tbh. You’ll be wrecking your peace of mind, your sleep cycle and a lot of other things - please don’t subscribe to this notion that ‘staying online gets you more orders’. I live in India and most of my clients are from the US - I’ve been on this site for 4 years now and I have never stayed online during the night (even though it’s peak activity time for my buyers). In case they message me during the night, I answer their queries when I start work in the morning.

I completely agree with @english_voice in the last part of his message. It is very physically draining and unhealthy.

• Like 6

There is a reason that sellers get 24 hours to reply to a new enquiry (without it affecting their statistics). It is physically impossible to be online all the time on the site, tbh. You’ll be wrecking your peace of mind, your sleep cycle and a lot of other things - please don’t subscribe to this notion that ‘staying online gets you more orders’. I live in India and most of my clients are from the US - I’ve been on this site for 4 years now and I have never stayed online during the night (even though it’s peak activity time for my buyers). In case they message me during the night, I answer their queries when I start work in the morning.

I completely agree with @english_voice in the last part of his message. It is very physically draining and unhealthy.

But your profile says your average response time 1 hour.

I have never stayed online during the night (even though it’s peak activity time for my buyers). In case they message me during the night, I answer their queries when I start work in the morning.

How we justify it.?