Does updating your gig makes it disappear?

toutou123

Question

I’m in the process of updating some of my gigs right now. Usually I edit the gig on one window of the browser, and I review it in another incognito window. I usually make a lot of modifications, click on save, and renew the preview incognito page. At the end I check the gig ranking. Today a gig disappeared from search results, this is the 3rd time this happens this week. If limit the results to the features I match, like language, delivery time… Only 5-6 gigs are left and mine is not among them.

Is there something in fiverr’s algorithm that bans gigs automatically if multiple views are registered from the same IP? is it some kind of protection from bot views or what?

• Like 2

22 answers to this question

Hi there, unless you are a part of Fiverr’s seller success program, and you would know if you were, everytime you update your gig, whether it’s a word in the description or the main gig image, your gig is taken off the results page until Fiverr staff can review the changes you made.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Hi there, unless you are a part of Fiverr’s seller success program, and you would know if you were, everytime you update your gig, whether it’s a word in the description or the main gig image, your gig is taken off the results page until Fiverr staff can review the changes you made.

I don’t think they’ll take your gig off if you change one word, maybe if you change the whole description or you change it multiple times in a short amount of time.

• Like 1

I don’t think they’ll take your gig off if you change one word, maybe if you change the whole description or you change it multiple times in a short amount of time.

ANY change means the gig is taken off the search results. Feel free to try it!

-not really sure why you posted a question if you are so quick to respond with a wrong answer-

• Like 6

ANY change means the gig is taken off the search results. Feel free to try it!

-not really sure why you posted a question if you are so quick to respond with a wrong answer-

I changed the gig the first couple of times, optimized title and description, and the updated version still appears in the search results.

In my experience, the gigs that I edited lightly, continued to appear with all of the updates. However the ones that I updated heavily, clicking save multiple times in a short amount of time, those were the ones that got off the search results.

• Like 4

I changed the gig the first couple of times, optimized title and description, and the updated version still appears in the search results.

In my experience, the gigs that I edited lightly, continued to appear with all of the updates. However the ones that I updated heavily, clicking save multiple times in a short amount of time, those were the ones that got off the search results.

clicking save multiple times in a short amount of time

Yes, when I change something several times, editing it repeatedly, it is gone, but if I just do it once it stays there, if I do it just to the price or something small.

If I edit my profile and click save more than once all my sales tank immediately also.

So if you edit anything just click save once. Also, don’t edit again for a very long time.

• Like 8

Hm. I read to first create the URL, under seo considerations, and then change the title to the human friendly “I will…” title. I thought that was one of Fiverr’s own tips, though may be wrong and read it elsewhere.
It doesn’t really make sense that you can never change the title at all, what if you made a typo, for instance or simply don’t have an important key term in the URL that you only later think of including in your title.
Unless you change the title to offer something different from what the URL indicates, like the url of my gig talks about translation and I change the title to logo design, it shouldn’t matter.

• Like 3

Hm. I read to first create the URL, under seo considerations, and then change the title to the human friendly “I will…” title. I thought that was one of Fiverr’s own tips, though may be wrong and read it elsewhere.

It doesn’t really make sense that you can never change the title at all, what if you made a typo, for instance or simply don’t have an important key term in the URL that you only later think of including in your title.

Unless you change the title to offer something different from what the URL indicates, like the url of my gig talks about translation and I change the title to logo design, it shouldn’t matter.

I read to first create the URL, under seo considerations, and then change the title to the human friendly “I will…” title.

Yes I read that too.

As long as the gig is still in the same category offering the same thing it is not supposed to matter.

• Like 3

Thanks alot I am not alone here.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, zeeshan_arriff said:

happening same, any solution ?

Hi, you have resurrected a very old thread. But the solution is you need to write to Customer Support and ask them to please 're-index' your gigs since they will probably have been de-indexed while passing through approval for the changes you made.

If you do not ask for them to be re-indexed, sometimes they will never reappear so I recommend you do it to be safe!

• Like 1