Doing research for a gig, interesting questions inside!

askwouldy

Hey guys I’m doing some research for a gig I was planning on starting soon, if you could help me by answering some of these questions I’d appreciate it.

1. Did you make this gig on your first try or did it take you a couple tries to get it right?

2. How did you decide that this gig was what you wanted to do? What were you major motivations?

3. What are the top 3 factors that led to your success?

Edited: Shortened the number of questions

Hi, I’ll try answering them for you;

0) Started around 1 year ago. My sales are the highest they’ve been since I started. Average order price is $12.

1. The first gig I created is now my highest-rated one, which is my proofreading gig (as the name suggests). I’ve tweaked it over time to incorporate new ideas/add extras.

2. It’s what I’m good at, it’s what I enjoy doing, and I can do it faster than most people.

3. Fixing broken English, and the determination to get away from my 9-5 job.

4. Persistence to succeed, a PMA, and great customer service (even if I do say so myself!)

5. Nothing.

Guest bigmish

Hi, I’ve been here a month now, but I think I can still help you out. 🙂

0) I started a month ago because my summer job fell through. I’ve made about $150 dollars so far, but I have been told multiple times that the longer you sell, the more you make!

1. I made my article writing gig with originally 750 words. Thankfully I came to my senses after some help with people on the forum. I then gradually lowered it, then got my first order!

2. I guess it was something I’m good at that didn’t require any equipment.

3)I love writing. I don’t write creatively for myself, I do it because I like seeing peoples faces when they smile at a joke I wrote or raise their eye brows when I make a good point. Just makes me grin from ear to ear.

3. I would say the forum, my first and most loyal customer who keeps coming back, and

my own hard work and determination to be successful.

4. I don’t think I would change anything. I got my first order within 3 days, and I’ve heard horror stories of people not getting one for over a month! I feel lucky.

Archived