DONE with fiverr after 5 years and why

I had a painful customer, who made 2 orders back in November 2020. Both orders were delivered on time. She asked after month for revisions, and revisions were made as she requested (much more than the number of revisions stated in the gig that she has).

In January she returns, asking for more revisions I made and sent through the customer support and explained everything and that Im no willing to make more revisions months after order were completed and I never offered unlimited revisions.

So fiver customer support sent her the final links with images and pretend all is good. That they will contact me if anything else.

Long story short - today I just see the customer CANCELED both orders FOUR MONTHS after the orders were delivered and were refunded (around $800 from my account were taken).

P.S. It turned out that the customer requested chargeback on Paypal… Have informed Fiverr customer support and they are trying to resolve it…

Sorry to here what happened to you. It seems that the buyer charged back from PayPal. You should open a ticket at CS as if it is Papal charge back fiver will refund you. I have already red such incidents that fiver refunded.

Also note that once the order completed customer can not ask for modifications and you no need to do the modifications. If any buyer requested modification’s for a completed order you can calculate a cost for the modifications and send them a custom offer.

Sorry to here what happened to you. It seems that the buyer charged back from PayPal. You should open a ticket at CS as if it is Papal charge back fiver will refund you. I have already red such incidents that fiver refunded.

Also note that once the order completed customer can not ask for modifications and you no need to do the modifications. If any buyer requested modification’s for a completed order you can calculate a cost for the modifications and send them a custom offer.

Thank you for the advices!

Yes, both of orders were completed early December, yet she kept on contacting me and fiver support kept on contacting me as well even end of February and finally she was able to cancel the orders… Mind-blowing

Faced same issue recently . Buyer marked the order completed and rated 5 star ( 250$ ) , then after a month buyer charged back and order was refunded to him with all the files completed and delivered .
Contacted support and its been more than 2 months . Still they have not given proper response.

What message do you see? Is it cancelled by buyer or cancelled by customer support?

This one will be really short. I see a lot of people still guessing when their order was cancelled by CS and whether or not it was a chargeback. And a lot of people guessing by checking if their buyer’s profile is still active. But it’s much simpler than that. If you received a message saying “ORDER CANCELLED BY BUYER” then it means that your buyer initiated a chargeback with PayPal or through their bank. In this case you will receive 2 emails back to back to your associated email address. …

What message do you see? Is it cancelled by buyer or cancelled by customer support?

This one will be really short. I see a lot of people still guessing when their order was cancelled by CS and whether or not it was a chargeback. And a lot of people guessing by checking if their buyer’s profile is still active. But it’s much simpler than that. If you received a message saying “ORDER CANCELLED BY BUYER” then it means that your buyer initiated a chargeback with PayPal or through their bank. In this case you will receive 2 emails back to back to your associated email address. …

Thank you for this.

I see:

" THE BUYER CANCELLED THIS ORDER AND FUNDS WERE RETURNED TO THEIR BALANCE."

Thank you for this.

I see:

" THE BUYER CANCELLED THIS ORDER AND FUNDS WERE RETURNED TO THEIR BALANCE."

Can you still look up this buyer? What I mean is, do they still have a profile here? Usually, when someone does a charge back, Fiverr bans their account. Not that that helps you any in getting your money back, but, this person should be banned from abusing other sellers here in the future.

I think any of us who have been here for a few years, experience that one buyer (some experience more unfortunately) who does a charge back or cancels after getting hundreds of dollars of work from you. It has happened to me, and it is not fun at all. They did not compensate me for that order - but, I have had other cancellations (only a handful) where they did have my back and paid me regardless of the buyer’s bad behavior in cancelling.

GG

Can you still look up this buyer? What I mean is, do they still have a profile here? Usually, when someone does a charge back, Fiverr bans their account. Not that that helps you any in getting your money back, but, this person should be banned from abusing other sellers here in the future.

I think any of us who have been here for a few years, experience that one buyer (some experience more unfortunately) who does a charge back or cancels after getting hundreds of dollars of work from you. It has happened to me, and it is not fun at all. They did not compensate me for that order - but, I have had other cancellations (only a handful) where they did have my back and paid me regardless of the buyer’s bad behavior in cancelling.

GG

Yes, I can still see her profile on fiverr.

I have contacted fiverr cuctomer support about the situation and waiting for reply…

Forgot to mention that the same customer contacted me back in January trying to convince me to make an account on Upwork several times (which I refused). Back then she did not mention anything about the work and disappeared for a while until February when she started asking for either more revisions or refund or saying how she didn’t receive the work (therefore I sent straight the links of the ready work to Customer Support as she was lying and manipulative). She appeared and disappeared since end of November till now when she manage to cancel.

Also, I saw this customer using my work already for her social media.

She just wanted the work for free and she got it…

I have contacted fiverr cuctomer support about the situation and waiting for reply…

Forgot to mention that the same customer contacted me back in January trying to convince me to make an account on Upwork several times (which I refused). Back then she did not mention anything about the work and disappeared for a while until February when she started asking for either more revisions or refund or saying how she didn’t receive the work (therefore I sent straight the links of the ready work to Customer Support as she was lying and manipulative). She appeared and disappeared since end of November till now when she manage to cancel.

If the buyer went for the chargeback, there is a fair chance that you will get your money back. I had a surprisingly good experience in the past when something like that happened.

1. Buyer ordered a gig. I’ve delivered and got a 5-star rating. All completed.
  2. Month later, she canceled the order with a refund & her account got blocked.
  3. All of a sudden, without even contacting Customer Support, I’ve received a notification that I’ve received compensation for that order and my earnings remained as nothing happened.

I guess I got lucky as usually, CS is not as supportive. Although if you have evidence of the delivery and it’s obvious that you did everything right, I think that there is a chance that you will get your money back.

I can completely understand you - Fiverr is often super stressful. I hope that it will at least get to a happy end.

If the buyer went for the chargeback, there is a fair chance that you will get your money back. I had a surprisingly good experience in the past when something like that happened.

1. Buyer ordered a gig. I’ve delivered and got a 5-star rating. All completed.
  2. Month later, she canceled the order with a refund & her account got blocked.
  3. All of a sudden, without even contacting Customer Support, I’ve received a notification that I’ve received compensation for that order and my earnings remained as nothing happened.

I guess I got lucky as usually, CS is not as supportive. Although if you have evidence of the delivery and it’s obvious that you did everything right, I think that there is a chance that you will get your money back.

I can completely understand you - Fiverr is often super stressful. I hope that it will at least get to a happy end.

Thank you! Hopefully it end good for me as well

GG

Usually, when someone does a charge back, Fiverr bans their account.

Not anymore. Now they are sending them a notice to close their chargeback case instead of banning them.

@retouchstudio1 if it was a chargeback you have a 50/50 chance of getting your money from CS. Though for me it took over a month to solve it.

I think there should be a respon for this issue happening.
I once got charged back from my $60 order but it was because the card that buyer use to purchase my gig was fraud.

But then Fiverr replace it for me so I didn’t lose anything.
I think Fiverr is a huge company that is not just project buyer but also seller as well.

Just try to have a positive thinking.
I once like you, blaming Fiverr for everything.
But now I realized, Fiverr is my business partner.
If I trust my business partner well, it will trust me back at the same way.

And so far, maybe I’m not here for long time (just 5 years) but I am full satisfied working here. Fiverr customer support serve me well when I need it and they providing me with a comfortable platform to work.

That’s why I myself don’t want to go anywhere cause I am very satisfied with what I got here.
But that just my personal opinion.🙏

You can force her to take down the work - file a DMCA and contact her hosting company to lodge a complaint that she is using work she did not pay for. She does not own the rights to it.

I find it really bad that they still have an account here. At least the lame buyers who cancelled on me also got the boot for doing so!

@mariashtelle1 I did not realize Fiverr had changed in this regard and was now trying to cajole buyers into cancelling charge backs in lieu of their account being nixed off the platform.

GG

Archived