DON'T Attempt to Use My Marketing Services for Malware Distribution!

My gigs are marketing and advertising related… Over the last week, I’ve had two different buyers attempt to covertly use MY advertising services to send out ads that would bring unknowing viewers to their websites that contain different types of MALWARE. I’m talking about websites that have Meta Refresh on them that can be used for phishing purposes and other types of malware and malicious code (viruses, trojans, etc).

This really makes me MAD and is a waste of my time! I state upfront that I do not accept ads involving any kind of malware, but these guys think I won’t discover it. For those unscrupulous buyers… be warned that I am checking each link PRIOR to submission and if I discover malware coming from your website, I will make Fiverr aware of such attempts, so don’t even think about using my services for your devious intentions!

Buyers please BEWARE of websites such as these and make sure you have a good anti-virus program and firewall working on your computer. Your anti-virus program will inform you when you’re about to enter dangerous territory… don’t go there!

For those who don’t know what “phishing” is, here is the definition:

Phishing is the attempt to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and sometimes, indirectly, money), often for malicious reasons, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity.

Be cautious, folks!

Carol aka cj2012

http://www.fiverr.com/cj2012