Fiverr Forum

Don't Be a Sheep

Likability increases by 20% when having a good profile picture on display. In other words, with no ‘stamp’ you might not reach your audience… That is, buyers willing to pay for your gig.

Having a picture makes you, the seller appear more real and increases your credibility. Not having a profile picture is like attending a networking event with a brown bag over your head! Buyers may make the assumption that you’re new with not much experience. Or, they may assume you don’t care enough to put a little bit of effort into promoting your gig.

Personally, I tend to click on more profiles that have a picture than those without.

The long and short of it is, having a profile pic is good for business. So, if you’ve still got that default Sheep icon, change it!!

Kim

Reply to @anarchofighter: Your profile pic should not only be relevant but it should enhance your gig. Think of it as an additional promotional tool. Use me as a example. My gig is web design; fixing/adding code. Now, there are several aspects of web design, several programs and languages one can use. As my profile pic, I have added the languages I mentioned in my gig, which I’m familiar with. A buyer looking for a web design gig can quickly see my skills, making me stand out on any search results page.

@tn5rr2012 also has a great example with their family tree.

Kim

I would love to have a more personal picture as my profile pic but for now I am using a zoomed in image of a cover for one of my books. I don’t really have any good pictures that fit me as I never look good for photos ever.

Well said!

Once again, good advice from Kim.

Kim do you have any suggestions about the type of picture and it’s relation to the gigs you’re offering?

You are right Kim. I think a personal picture is better. It shows that the buyer is not just dealing with usernames and password. Good profile pictures does increase sales.

I agree! And I like the brown paper bag analogy :slight_smile:

agreed 110%!!

I agree!

Excellent tips and having an image that represents your gig(s) is beneficial thus my avatar a family tree

haha, I agree!

tn5rr, I thought that was your money tree.

be a Pirate! :ar!

anarchofighter said: tn5rr, I thought that was your money tree.
NAHHH my money tree would be BRIGHT green and take up the whole page

I like the personal pic too, It helps with networking to see whom you are dealing with

I am about to post my personal pic as my avatar, but have been postponing it… working on orders here and there plus some personal things - it’s a busy week for me

Well said!

Once again, good advice from Kim.

Kim do you have any suggestions about the type of picture and it’s relation to the gigs you’re offering?