Don't Bid on Bad Offers

fastcopywriter

On Buyer Requests, today I saw a guy with a $5 budget ask for this:

“I need someone to do 10 unverified reviews for $5 on amazon”

14 people have made bids.

Seriously? That takes a lot of time. First you’re going to need 10 Amazon accounts, which means 10 different e-mails.

Then you’ll need login and log out 10 different times (maybe less if you have 3 different browsers).

All that for what? $5? Not worth it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who bid on such nonsense requests are the same that spam the forum and/ or post stupid ‘why-don’t-I-make-any-money’-posts.

I don’t know if Amazon checks the IP-address. If so, they also have to log in via a proxy with this 10 accounts.

I don’t see the problem though if someone wants to work for less than a $1,- per hour. Fools meet fools in this case. Let them get together.

Well, you’re allowed to sell them on Fiverr. Google Adsense will disable your account if you pay for traffic or clicks, but you can buy that on Fiverr as well.

I’m fine with it, I just saw “The Big Short,” a movie about Wall Street. These guys talk to a reporter about a major fraud, the reporter tells them, “well, nobody on Wall Street will admit this, and I’ve spent many years developing my contacts, so if I run a story like this, my career is finished.”

It’s the same with magazines, TV and Hollywood/books, only no name writers get bad reviews, the famous ones rarely do, unless their material is so objectionable they have no choice but to review it badly.

You can mimic most actions on mobile and I can get to Buyer Requests on my Kindle. You could also probably use a direct link, but really, trying to sell on Fiverr routinely is going to be hard to do on a mobile device.

You also don’t have any gigs right now, so Buyer Requests won’t do you any good. You can’t see buyer requests if you have no gigs.

In America we have an expression, “you pay cheap, you get cheap.” Cheap in this instance means “low quality,” not just a low price. In the ad business, we rarely say cheap, but “affordable” or “economic” or “rock bottom prices.” Cheap is a no-no, although there is a website called Cheap Flights. Maybe that’s because passengers don’t value the flying experience.

Thank you! I see it in the VO section all the time.

“I need 3000 words in under 24 hours.” Budget: $5

Bids: 9

REALLY!? Apparently those 9 folks have at least 2 hours to spend on a $5 project. That’s $2.50/HR. I’m sorry, but that’s nuts.

I would hope a few of those folks put in a higher bid explaining how nutter the request is, but still…

Exactly, if I was hired a VO artist, I would pay $5 for 30". The only exception is Alexa, there the VO artists can either get paid up front or the writer will agree to split royalties. This could be great for the artist. If the royalty is $100 a month, the artist makes $50 from just one book. Of course, if the book is a flop then the VO artist might make $5 a month.

Archived