Don't Edit your gig! AND Avoid Cancellation!

fast_editing

Hey, Everyone - I found How the fiverr working now. If you do edit your gig then your gig may completely hide from the search for the 24 hours or longer than - That’s do effect on your gig search positioning and gig Impression, views & clicks!

So Don’t edit your gig UN-neccessary.

Also Avoid Cancellation - Every Cancellation do decrease your gig positioning in the search.

🙂

Guest lamisfit

quite frankly its not true, I was getting orders before and I edit my gig and traffic on my gig starts to increase many folds, I usually edit my gigs in about 2 weeks time and nothing is wrong with that !

Thanks for sharing this.

This is my Real Experience - My One of gig was coming at the Relevance 1st page top of the 2nd row - There was 7K impression in a Day basis. But I edit only my gig price nothing else…After that gig had completely remove from fiverr search. After 2 days, I decided to contact CS and Contacted. They Restore my gig in the Search But That’s gone in 5-6th page now… All impression, views, Click loss and Now I’m not getting order barely.

• 1 year later...

This is my Real Experience - My One of gig was coming at the Relevance 1st page top of the 2nd row - There was 7K impression in a Day basis. But I edit only my gig price nothing else…After that gig had completely remove from fiverr search. After 2 days, I decided to contact CS and Contacted. They Restore my gig in the Search But That’s gone in 5-6th page now… All impression, views, Click loss and Now I’m not getting order barely.

So, what the solution? is there any way to update only gig price without losing impression?

So, what the solution? is there any way to update only gig price without losing impression?

It’s not impressions you need to worry about, it’s having your gig change to a worse position in the rankings when you edit it.

The algorithm is always changing and it’s possible that now editing your gig won’t hurt your gig position, but maybe someone else who has edited their gig lately will answer.

That cancellation part might be true as well. I saw my gig drop to last page some time after support cancelled 2 orders that were placed a year or two ago, but never received the requirements for me to start the work. But that dropped completion rate only to 96% or so, so I don’t think that’s too bad percentage for such a heavy punishment.

The editing part is well known. Support has said that even clicking the edit button without editing anything is considered editing. From what I have experienced over 7 years is that when I edit a gig, it usually stays on the first page. Then sometimes it disappears for 1-2 days and returns back to first page. Then a few times it has appeared on last page instead, for weeks, months or years, until support has finally restored it back to first page.

Oh. Only now I saw that this topic is from 2017 and we have a necromancer among us, resurrecting dead topics!

That cancellation part might be true as well. I saw my gig drop to last page some time after support cancelled 2 orders that were placed a year or two ago, but never received the requirements for me to start the work. But that dropped completion rate only to 96% or so, so I don’t think that’s too bad percentage for such a heavy punishment.

The editing part is well known. Support has said that even clicking the edit button without editing anything is considered editing. From what I have experienced over 7 years is that when I edit a gig, it usually stays on the first page. Then sometimes it disappears for 1-2 days and returns back to first page. Then a few times it has appeared on last page instead, for weeks, months or years, until support has finally restored it back to first page.

Oh. Only now I saw that this topic is from 2017 and we have a necromancer among us, resurrecting dead topics!

It’s still a good topic since nothing much has changed about the risks of editing gigs.

I edited a gig once recently, put it live on the site, then edited it again to change something else and it dropped it’s place and didn’t recover. That gig went from getting orders all the time to never.

I will never edit my gigs again.

Archived