Fiverr Forum

Don't Get Scammed!

Okay, so I don’t know if I am the only one but I get messages that look like this almost weekly.

Hello,
I have a job that is easy, you’ll make $100 a month continuously. Please contact me on ■■■■■: *****
or Google hangouts: *****

DON’T FALL FOR THIS! They are trying to buy and sell upwork accounts with your info as the verification! This is very risky and sketchy, NEVER DO IT!

5 Likes

Some one texted me this within an hour of me making an account. I’m here to sell music, not make upwork accounts so I’m lucky that I am not in a desperate situation for money were I could have been tempted.

If it’s too good to be true, then it probably is.

1 Like

Definitely,
I can’t imagine what they would’ve done with my identity.

From,
Luke

2 Likes

True.
I also had few messages like this.
Thankfully i didn’t care about those messages.

After a while those accounts are all banned from fiverr.

Even sometimes they try to share their personal mobile number or s-k-y-p-e id directly.

This is also against fiverr terms. Whenever they find it, they will take actions against those account.

So, what I did was, I would just send reply with link of fiverr terms. And Send a message following message like, sharing mobile numbers or getting in touch directly are against fiverr guidelines.

P.s. you know Just shared this. May be someone will find it useful.

:grinning::grinning::grin::grin::joy::joy:

Thank you for sharing tips.

This alone is nonsense. :roll_eyes::point_up_2:t4:

Yup, NEVER entertain scammers. Help 5r by reporting these messages ASAP :bangbang:

7 Likes